View Poll Results: How many stars would you rate this issue?

Voters
392. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

261 66.58%
  • ★★★★

92 23.47%
  • ★★★

25 6.38%
  • ★★

4 1.02%
  • 10 2.55%
Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

One thought on the opening sequence and the assumption those are the original X-Men coming out of Krakoa pods.

The books going forward following these mini series appear to continue to be using Krakoa, and these same versions of Scott and Jean. If they're pod people, as some have presumed, then it will be really weird for, following that reveal, to follow the continued adventures of the pod people X-Men, or conversely, for the real Scott and Jean to start dressing like their doppelgänger replacements.

Clearly, some shady stuff is going down, and not is all as it seems, but I'm not convinced those are Scott and Jean and the team.

I'm really thinking the male figure at the beginning with the glowing eye is a resurrected Vulcan, and this is how we're getting the deceased Cuckoos, Vulcan, Banshee, Wolfsbane, Madrox, Sunspot, the Xorns, etc. to return.

Well this issue won me over, I had my issues with Hickman's Avengers. It just felt too big and unwieldy, and Infinity was a drag, but this felt a lot more focused.

The worldbuilding was great, it already seems like more thought has been put into making Krakoa a real nation than they ever bothered for Utopia.
    The part with the mutant-made resource actually reminds me of Brian Wood's Ultimate X-Men and their Sentient Seed, if not a bit more sinister.

I loved seeing Karima, I hope we get an explanation for how she became a sentinel again

BANNED

Scott's comment on Franklin was far from being a threat and more of a "If he ever feels like it, Krakoa's arms are wide open". It's a statement that every mutant is welcome to their new nation, no matter their other ties.

There's also the fact that humans will turn against Franklin if they ever know the true range of his powers, so it might also mean "if they ever come for Franklin, we'll have his back because he's part of the family". Some of y'all just want to throw Scott under the bus apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yeah, I can see that. You make a great point.

It's just I didn't take it that way, which is why i'm like they have no reason to be angry or clench their fist. As we saw in the first issue and I think your right. Human relations with Mutants will be sour and I can see the Humans attacking the FF Son Franklin because he is a mutant. That will put Reed and Sue in a nasty situation. Generally they like to handle family matters by themselves. But I think THIS time they won't be able to because the Humans will not achknowldge the FF, but try to take him by force. And then the X-Men come and save him.

So, I can see the FF getting pulled into this and becoming the parents watching their child being targeted for what he is. But I just didn't see it as a threat or anything.
    Based on Hickman's notes in the director's cut Sue was genuinely concerned and sympathetic towards Scott and Scott didn't want to hear it anymore from people he thought couldn't relate or actually sympathize. Which, his reaction and feelings are justified, but that was what made me feel like his comment about Franklin having family on Krakoa was meant as a jab or a way to rile them up a little. But it was by no means a threat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Based on Hickman's notes in the director's cut Sue was genuinely concerned and sympathetic towards Scott and Scott didn't want to hear it anymore from people he thought couldn't relate or actually sympathize. Which, his reaction and feelings are justified, but that was what made me feel like his comment about Franklin having family on Krakoa was meant as a jab or a way to rile them up a little.
    WHAT?? I didn't know there was a Director's Cut. Ok, I guess I see why now.

I'm just interested now how the FF get pulled into this, because I can see the Humans turning on the FF. And they have nowhere else to go, but to the X-Men.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Eh. Hickman just brought up Franklin b/c he's been part of the X-Men mythos since those MUTIE ads.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Scott's comment on Franklin was far from being a threat and more of a "If he ever feels like it, Krakoa's arms are wide open". It's a statement that every mutant is welcome to their new nation, no matter their other ties.

There's also the fact that humans will turn against Franklin if they ever know the true range of his powers, so it might also mean "if they ever come for Franklin, we'll have his back because he's part of the family". Some of y'all just want to throw Scott under the bus apparently.
    Scott may not have meant it as a threat but thats likely how it was percieved and understandbly so. Last time Xavier showed interest in Franklin, Onslaught was hapenning. The Richards have every reason to be concerned and protective of their son

BANNED

I wasn't trying to throw him under the bus. I was more siding with him becuase I didn't understand WHY Reed and Sue clenched their fist at a harmless comment. But I was told their was a directors cut.

But i'm interested in seeing how the FF handle the Humans turning on them.

Mighty Member

The meta subtext for that scene, and for Scott being the one to speak with the FF, is that Krakoa is Utopia without the angst and butthurt.

For anyone that is interested. Here are the pages from the script, detailing what Hickman was trying to convey or what his intentions were in writing the scene between Cyclops and the F4. Scott is in Hickman's own words sizing Reed up, The F4 get tense and Sue is meant to be concerned and sympathetic. We don't get much more than that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I wasn't trying to throw him under the bus. I was more siding with him becuase I didn't understand WHY Reed and Sue clenched their fist at a harmless comment. But I was told their was a directors cut.

But i'm interested in seeing how the FF handle the Humans turning on them.
    Yeah, the moment the humans find out how big Franklin's powers are, the F4 will be in a tight spot.

Also, I really would love to see the reaction of the super-hero community in general to the idea that mutants will replace the sapiens. Or the general population since it looks like only the bigwigs know. If Hickman ever approached this angle, the general population would probably want the heroes to take a stand.

It's a fascinating moral problem.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like this little thread has spiraled out of control because each comment has perpetuated some things that did not happen. To make things clear, they don't clench their fists in response to Scott mentioning Franklin, they have clenched their fists due to the standoff over Sabretooth. The ensuing conversation did little to ease tensions, and while Scott's comments are certainly not a threat, they most certainly are made with intent that goes further than being hospitable.

TBH as much as I like that scene, its not that hard for it to be foreboding. Scott's all cool and friendly and sometimes speaking in quotes.

Plus he mentioned their kid. Its not a matter of if it was a threat or not(I didn't take it as a threat), but when you bring a person's kid into it, it is going to get tense.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Yeah, the moment the humans find out how big Franklin's powers are, the F4 will be in a tight spot.

Also, I really would love to see the reaction of the super-hero community in general to the idea that mutants will replace the sapiens. Or the general population since it looks like only the bigwigs know. If Hickman ever approached this angle, the general population would probably want the heroes to take a stand.

It's a fascinating moral problem.
    I say GOOD. Let the FF see how it feels to have their child targeted by Giant Robots and the public throwing stuff at him for once.

I rather not have a AVX 2.0 again. But I would like for the Super Hero Community to side with the Mutants this time at least. Or be Neutral in this fight. But I do see the FF going to the X-Men for help.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post

Plus he mentioned their kid
    in front of sabretooth