View Poll Results: How many stars would you rate this issue?

Voters
392. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

261 66.58%
  • ★★★★

92 23.47%
  • ★★★

25 6.38%
  • ★★

4 1.02%
  • 10 2.55%
Page 19 of 64 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    In all seriousness I'm glad you X-Fans got, what is s by most accounts, a good book. I hope it lasts through the run.

Even if I'm expecting an "It's a cookbook!" moment.
    Hope what lasts?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Maybe not. The thing about changing the status quo is that you change the status quo. Hickman seems to be trying to get the X-Men out of the rut they've been stuck in since like the 80's.

Although marvel might hit the old reset button again I'm hoping that they don't. At least not for another 10+ years.
    I predict back to basics in two years.

Incredible Member

I hope that this flower Krakoa thing doesn’t lead to me Anti-Xavier bull crap. I’m sick of that trope. As for “back to basics in two years” I also hope that is not the case.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I predict back to basics in two years.
    Ill take that action. Bet 10 years from now, the radical sequestering still maintained

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I hope that this flower Krakoa thing doesn’t lead to me Anti-Xavier bull crap. I’m sick of that trope. As for “back to basics in two years” I also hope that is not the case.
    It sure looks like Xavier is doing something very sinister. I wonder if this is how Moira comes back. Also can they choose what age they come back at. I mean imagine dying of old age and then being revived and dying again.

Also Qwerty and Beautiful Dreamer can live. So can Armors best friend and Jeffrey Gaherty from xtreme

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I wonder if those flowers can enslave humans if ingested.
    yeah the whole 5 year life span increase drug and the universal antibiotic from a new mutant government who wants acknowledgement of their Nationhood. That doesn't sound even a tiny bit suspicious does it.

Plus the positioning of base teleportation at various points around the world with well defended bio domes that are probably poisonous to humans if they enter without the permission of the mutants.

They even put a teleportation point on Mars and on the Blue Area of the moon. This is pretty much the mutants saying, we're just going to wait a few years until we really outnumber you humans and then this world and this frigging solar system belongs to us. It goes with the whole aggressiveness of the species. When two species exist in the same habitat and are sustained by the same resources the species that is most aggressive will win.

At this point I expect these drugs for humans are going to wake up powers in anyone who has latent mutant abilities which will cause the mutant population to explode.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Okay...so obviously not everything is as good as it appears?
    Xavier seems super creepy. Is Krakoa pulling the strings?

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I don't know, that's what I love about it. You know something creepy is going on here, but you have no idea who is really pulling the strings.

Note the Omega list and they Omega's listed loyal to Krakoa! Not loyal to Xavier, not loyal to mutants, loyal to Krakoa!

Now is Xavier controlling Krakoa and using Krakoa to control the rest of the mutants? That's the million dollar question isn't it!

Unless they make a new retcon, since Deadly Genesis Krakoa has no sentience. It is little more than an hungry animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Unless they make a new retcon, since Deadly Genesis Krakoa has no sentience. It is little more than an hungry animal.
    And I guess another big question would be where is Kid Krakoa/Krakoa Jr?

Krakoa allowed Cyclops to escape to bring it more mutants. This could be the same thing. Xavier is shepherding all of mutantkind to the dinner table

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    And I guess another big question would be where is Kid Krakoa/Krakoa Jr?
    Retconned with the rest of Aaron's trash

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Wow. That was by far the funniest/creepiest iteration of 'To me, my X-Men." ever, lol. Good grief.

Good read. Make that 'insanely good' for the Magneto stuff. No idea WTF is going on with the Pod People, Douchier Inhumans on a Bigger Budget™ and Xavier being off-the-charts creepy, though.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 07-24-2019 at 01:51 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Loved the issue canīt wait for more, completely agree that Xavier creepines is off the charts even if he didnīt appear much.

About X:

Is Dark Charles/Onslaught back? or he just lost it after it was said the X-men were dead so now that they are back heīs going out of his way to "keep them safe for their own good"? After all dark charles is just a manifestation of Xavierīs darker desires that he usually tries to suppress until they exploit on his face. The Krakoa nation that keeps relations with other countries seems like Xavier finally allowing Magneto part of the reason in his pov but Charles is still definitely running the show it seems.

What creeps me the most:

Omega Level mutants being called a natural resource for an island that absorbs mutant energy, this makes me remember that story of the Chidlren of the Vault by Mike Carey where they wanted to use Magneto and Luz as free energy for their society. Maybe the idea is the same but with a compromise, the X-men give Krakoa unlimited energy and it allows them to live there and be protected.

- Itīs strange that Exodus who usually follows Magneto in most of his Nation building ideas isnīt part of the Krakoa nation, maybe he will play a big part in this story.

Some images for next issue from X-monday

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Xavier is the bad guy here.

No way all the X-men would be down with this crazy plan he

If people thought Cyclops was bad for Utopia then what the duck is this?

He’s kind controlling them

No way anyone with their right mind would take up for Sabertooth