View Poll Results: How many stars would you rate this issue?

Voters
392. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

261 66.58%
  • ★★★★

92 23.47%
  • ★★★

25 6.38%
  • ★★

4 1.02%
  • 10 2.55%
Page 30 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Brubaker retconned Krakoa letting Cyclops go to bring it back more mutants tho. Vulcan team rescued him instead. I wonder if Vulcan history with Krakoa will be relevant.
    Right. I tend to forget that story because it is where Banshee died in a stupid way.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Scott's comment on Franklin was far from being a threat and more of a "If he ever feels like it, Krakoa's arms are wide open". It's a statement that every mutant is welcome to their new nation, no matter their other ties.

There's also the fact that humans will turn against Franklin if they ever know the true range of his powers, so it might also mean "if they ever come for Franklin, we'll have his back because he's part of the family". Some of y'all just want to throw Scott under the bus apparently.
    I love Scott, and am firmly on the X-men side, but as a parent if someone I don’t know that well who is in the midst of something this big starts talking about my kid, you’d better believe I’d be wary. You don’t talk about my kid out of nowhere.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Right. I tend to forget that story because it is where Banshee died in a stupid way.
    But now he's back in a sexy way <3
    Fingers crossed he joins Excalibur roster.

So examples of evil manipulation over Franklin.

Franklin is sick you say? We can cure him.
    Franklin has a serious neurological condition? We can treat him.
    Franklin’s powers have burned out? Have you ever considered twins?
    Franklin is dead? We can bring him back, what age would you like? He have him saved at various points in his life. Some really quite old.
    No of course we don’t have a version on Krakoa. That would be unethical!
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Just because Franklin hasn't faced the bigotry of humans towards his mutation doesn't mean that Reed and Sue don't know what it's like to have to fear for their child. Plenty of people, monster, creatures, etc. have posed threats to their family and they don't need to be taught a lesson on how to fear for their child.
    It is a little different. This isn’t about danger to his life, it’s about people hating him for his mere existence. It’s about racism, a thing that the Richards don’t have experience with despite having one of the more powerful mutants in their house. That said, I’m torn on dealing with it too much. While Franklins immunity to mutant hatred is a bit of a plot hole, going too far down that road would make ff a very different book and I don’t really think that’s necessary

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
    I love Scott, and am firmly on the X-men side, but as a parent if someone I don’t know that well who is in the midst of something this big starts talking about my kid, you’d better believe I’d be wary. You don’t talk about my kid out of nowhere.
    It's not out of nowhere though, Krakoa is the birth of a new mutant nation barely a few months old and Franklin Richards is an Omega level mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Things I don’t think are happening:

Xavier is not mind controlling anyone.
    The drugs are not sinister, it’s just how they are being used as leverage that is.
    There isn’t a virtual reality.
    The mutants are not threatening to wipe out mankind, the offer of the planet is genuine.

Basically anything that lets the characters off the hook for their actions would be a cop out. Something big has happened. Drastic action has been taken. The mutants we have seen so far are all on-board even if the plan may be bigger than they realise. Some mutants are not totally in the know.
    Agree with all of them except that one, The mutants are posturing like they could wipe out everyone. Honestly it is about time the amount times mutant have threaten with extinction. This the first time mutants of have had the real threat of war on their side with them winning.

It is a little different. This isn’t about danger to his life, it’s about people hating him for his mere existence. It’s about racism, a thing that the Richards don’t have experience with despite having one of the more powerful mutants in their house. That said, I’m torn on dealing with it too much. While Franklins immunity to mutant hatred is a bit of a plot hole, going too far down that road would make ff a very different book and I don’t really think that’s necessary
    Going too far down Hickman’s road would make every book a different book. I think we will go partially down these roads and then get a huge reversal and twist.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Agree with all of them except that one, The mutants are posturing like they could wipe out everyone. Honestly it is about time the amount times mutant have threaten with extinction. This the first time mutants of have had the real threat of war on their side with them winning.
    They feel like they are in a position of weakness, but have the appearance of being in a position of extreme strength. This feels like a Falling Skies type story.

Actually that brings up the idea that X-fans always say they don’t want. The X-Men might end up having to leave the planet. Like I say, something big has happened and we don’t know what yet.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-25-2019 at 02:52 AM.

BANNED

Really?"don't know that well"??
    This is not out of nowhere. Franklin is a mutant just like Scott,just like jean,just like Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Really?"don't know that well"??
    This is not out of nowhere. Franklin is a mutant just like Scott,just like jean,just like Xavier.
    Well maybe not ‘just like Scott’.

KaleRylan’s point is well made. Those not seeing this as a subtle and sinister threat are not seeing it from Sue’s perspective.

Cyclops is my number one favourite character in comics, but us Cyclops fans are just the first to feel this thing that Hickman is doing. He’s playing with us. He’s challenging fandom. Keep watching. Those that are happy to see their favourite characters back, or their favourite version of characters reverted to, they are all going to have their buttons pushed just like this. It will be fun. (For those of us that enjoy being challenged.)

As Scott fans we have an advantage really. We are used to people not understanding him.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-25-2019 at 03:04 AM.

Checking a bunch of other places, a lot of people seem to think Xavier is Maker. Not only does it not make sense since Maker will be appearing in other books like Future Foundation and Venom, while this is going on, Mutants of 616 shouldn't even interest him, he's not one of them, and I couldn't possibly think of what benefit, he'd have to helping them. Or making one of the most important X Men stories of the decade about a non X Men Character instead of the original Leader and one who started X-Men. The fact that people are sticking to that theory shows they're quite naive and Hickman will likely exploit that.

BANNED

Hickman said his previous runs weaved one big story but this would be its own thing. So its probably not the Maker he just liked the design and borrowed it like every other element of this new statu quo is borrowed from Morrisson, Kyle & Yost or Avengers vs XMen. There's yet to be one original idea presented to us.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Hickman said his previous runs weaved one big story but this would be its own thing. So its probably not the Maker he just liked the design and borrowed it like every other element of this new statu quo is borrowed from Morrisson, Kyle & Yost or Avengers vs XMen. There's yet to be one original idea presented to us.
    That’s just not true, but on the other hand he said he would start with the familiar. The idea is to not shock us too much out of the gate. Make us think this is a new take on an old story. It will prove much more original soon, mark my words.

Now I want X-men and Swamp Thing to crossover LOL.

This issue was pretty exciting. I really like where things are heading, but I'm still somewhat apprehensive because it was all pretty much set-up. I hope we get more insight into the characters' feelings and what caused the resurrections soon.
    I guess it could really be Cyke at the beginning. They'll have to explain the return of his eye somehow (or maybe they'll just say a flower cured him?).
    Ps: Were there only 4 Cuckoos or did I count wrong? Shouldn't there be 5 since everyone seems to be back alive?