View Poll Results: How many stars would you rate this issue?

Voters
392. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

261 66.58%
  • ★★★★

92 23.47%
  • ★★★

25 6.38%
  • ★★

4 1.02%
  • 10 2.55%
Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    I completely agree! That's been why I haven't bought the pod-people theory.

Say it IS the case? Are we NOT finding out during Hox and PoX? Or we are, and then we follow the continued adventures of the plantelgänger X-Men? Or they're exposed and the originals are restored, and then they keep using Krakoa, and wearing the outfits the dupes wore?

Clearly stuff's going on on multiple levels, on multiple fronts, but the "Xavier MUST be the Maker!" and "those MUST be pod-people" ideas never really clicked for me. They're obvious, and yet non-sensical if looked at with all the information we have access to, I think.
    If these really are pod people, and the X-Men not only still use Krakoa and its portals but wear the exact same outfits as their dupes, it sort of would make the entire reveal pointless. And we know mutants like Chamber and Havok are dead but are back. I don’t know how else they could be back without Krakoa being involved. There’s definitely some major twists but I think certain stuff he’s set up will make sense without taking the obvious road of “Xavier evil, X-Men fake, Krakoa monster.” I am wondering how Scott gets his eye back unless Elixir just healed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Larocca made her look like Jean in his run despite her having short hair in Dead Souls

Yeah and if she died with long hair, makes sense that she’d be resurrected with long hair. I think loke13 had the theory but I’m not sure, that Cerebro is the Mutant Index that’s instrumental in Krakoa regrowing mutants.

BANNED

I don't believe it's going to go to "Krakoa's behind it all!" or that the X-Men are mind controlled pod people. Obviously the overtones of them being regenerated via bioengineering are ominous. But it's supposed to be menacing/awe-inspiring, and we're supposed to be ambivalent about their behavior. (Especially Scott's veiled remark to the Richards' about their son.) It's okay for the X-Men to be dangerous again. We can be with them/sympathize with them and still be a little freaked out or uneasy by their choices. That's drama.

I suspect Krakoa, etc. will remain past the minis and tbh I'm very excited about that.

BANNED

All the x-men feel like zombies, Cyclops assiting Sabretooth, Mystique and Toad?? helping them escape from the F4 after stealing something (probably for Xavier). This looks like trouble, and the cause are our heros.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuteNimrod View Post
    All the x-men feel like zombies, Cyclops assiting Sabretooth, Mystique and Toad?? helping them escape from the F4 after stealing something (probably for Xavier). This looks like trouble, and the cause are our heros.
    It was for Xavier - it was the drive that she gives X in Powers of X 1.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Yes, I feel like mutants will end up being the cause of their own destruction (again, lol)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Don't forget, this thread is for HoX #1, not everyone is caught up to PoX spoilers yet.

Let me try to create a cast list of this issue;

Armor
    Banshee
    Beast
    Colossus
    Cuckoos, including Sophie and Esmé
    Cyclops
    Cypher
    Jean Grey
    Kitty Pryde
    Krakoa
    Magneto
    Mystique
    Nightcrawler
    Omega Sentinel Karima Shapandar
    Reed Richards
    Sabretooth
    Sage
    Storm
    Sue Richards
    Thing
    Toad
    Wolverine
    Xavier
    Last edited by Jesse-James; 08-02-2019 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Let me try to create a cast list of this issue;

Armor
    Banshee
    Beast
    Colossus
    Cuckoos, including Sophie and Esmé
    Cyclops
    Cypher
    Jean Grey
    Kitty Pryde
    Krakoa
    Magneto
    Mystique
    Nightcrawler
    Omega Sentinel Karima Shapandar
    Reed Richards
    Sabretooth
    Sage
    Storm
    Sue Richards
    Toad
    Wolverine
    Xavier
    Don't forget the huggable Ben Grimm.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I added him to the list.

Spectacular Member

Kuan-Yin Xorn and Shen-Xorn show up in the issue on the tour through different Krakoa Habitats, meditating on Tibetan mountains, and Mindee Cuckoo is the one in all black who is already accompanying Magneto when he first appeared in the issue, and joined him on the tour, as established in the script in the Director's Cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    If these really are pod people, and the X-Men not only still use Krakoa and its portals but wear the exact same outfits as their dupes, it sort of would make the entire reveal pointless. And we know mutants like Chamber and Havok are dead but are back. I don’t know how else they could be back without Krakoa being involved. There’s definitely some major twists but I think certain stuff he’s set up will make sense without taking the obvious road of “Xavier evil, X-Men fake, Krakoa monster.” I am wondering how Scott gets his eye back unless Elixir just healed him.
    It would be a total anticlimax if this was the way it was presented. This first issue plays on these kinds of fears. There is an element of this kind of thing but there is clearly more going on.

For starters the ‘these are all just copies’ idea is totally illogical. Given the crazy stuff the mutants have been through they wouldn’t just walk blindly into that kind of situation where they all got captured and copied.

‘Xavier must be evil and or The Maker’ wouldn’t make a lot of sense. The ‘cult leader’ vibe feels much more likely. Xavier seems to have shifted his approach but key personnel seem on board with everything. A mutant wide conspiracy of manipulation and mind control could be an interesting story but why would it be necessary? It would be a very high risk strategy and one could just talk to them. If the stakes are that high, and clearly they are, normal persuasion would be just as effective and more likely to succeed in the long term. The tricky mutants could be brought on board with enticements to tow the line.

There is no getting around that Krakoa is a monster, or that this is a creepy set-up. It is clear that a line has been crossed. This suggests extreme necessity. What we don’t know is how far over the moral line things have moved, but in general stories are much more interesting if things remain in the grey area. If the line has been crossed I am sure it is in a way that will cause debate not universal condemnation. Challenging not irredeemable.

Yeah and if she died with long hair, makes sense that she’d be resurrected with long hair. I think loke13 had the theory but I’m not sure, that Cerebro is the Mutant Index that’s instrumental in Krakoa regrowing mutants.
    That’s certainly my theory. That we are seeing very specific “save points” and that Cerebro is responsible for this. Without spoiling, there is some contradiction to this in PoX that makes we wonder.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

IIRC Krakoa Jr. in WATXM was benevolent. It stands to reason that Krakoa Island in HoX is either an outgrowth/evolution of that Krakoa, or equally mutant-friendly. Utilized for ominous/spooky-seeming ends at times, sure. But I don't see evidence that Krakoa (this iteration, anyway) has resumed being a problem for the mutants or is an out and out negative entity. They seem to have come to an understanding. It only becomes extreme necessity if this Krakoa is as bloodthirsty as the original.
    Last edited by powerpax; 08-02-2019 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Also Cipher.
    She always there

I think a key piece is finding it which Krakoa this is. Papa Krakoa should be in space rn and couldn’t even speak because it had no sentience. But Kid Krakoa would be all for helping out his friends.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    It would be a total anticlimax if this was the way it was presented. This first issue plays on these kinds of fears. There is an element of this kind of thing but there is clearly more going on.

For starters the ‘these are all just copies’ idea is totally illogical. Given the crazy stuff the mutants have been through they wouldn’t just walk blindly into that kind of situation where they all got captured and copied.

‘Xavier must be evil and or The Maker’ wouldn’t make a lot of sense. The ‘cult leader’ vibe feels much more likely. Xavier seems to have shifted his approach but key personnel seem on board with everything. A mutant wide conspiracy of manipulation and mind control could be an interesting story but why would it be necessary? It would be a very high risk strategy and one could just talk to them. If the stakes are that high, and clearly they are, normal persuasion would be just as effective and more likely to succeed in the long term. The tricky mutants could be brought on board with enticements to tow the line.

There is no getting around that Krakoa is a monster, or that this is a creepy set-up. It is clear that a line has been crossed. This suggests extreme necessity. What we don’t know is how far over the moral line things have moved, but in general stories are much more interesting if things remain in the grey area. If the line has been crossed I am sure it is in a way that will cause debate not universal condemnation. Challenging not irredeemable.
    It kind of lends Xavier to some credibility because we do know that dead mutants will be back by the end of this, they will still be on Krakoa or “a whole new world” if they aren’t one in the same, and their costumes are relatively the same. So the whole copies thing either isn’t happening or is so inconsequential to the plot that it doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things. I think what Hickman’s doing is gonna hit like a freight train and will be so obviously laid out throughout these books yet nothing we’ve really speculated as a huge twist thus far.

At this point, I’m hoping Hickman puts them in a position where the X-Men and hero community at large recognizes the necessity of making decisions that could be considered morally grey. Even with the creepiness of the Cradle, apparent disregard for mortality, and almost forced sovereignty, none of the X-Men’s actions are outright villainous. Definitely creepy but not “Avengers come out of nowhere and beat our asses” creepy. I think PoX seems to at least confirm that Krakoa’s existence in and itself isn’t some malicious force. And if that person referenced in that issue is who we think it is, maybe Xavier isn’t all that bad either.

That’s certainly my theory. That we are seeing very specific “save points” and that Cerebro is responsible for this. Without spoiling, there is some contradiction to this in PoX that makes we wonder.
    What do you think contradicts it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    What do you think contradicts it?
    Well the Chimera idea seems to rely on mutants being born and then brought up, and seems to be a future technology. I was previously speculating about combinations being created at an older age and being possible now. So it contradicts what I was saying earlier about Krakoa potentially being able to 3D print ready made combinations.

I still think Cerebro has been recording mutants and combined with Krakoa can produce mutants from any era at any age. I have been sceptical that it is really on Earth.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-02-2019 at 04:11 PM.