View Poll Results: Who should have a cameo in some MCU film?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (or one or their specific members)

12 37.50%
  • Agent Carter (more)

7 21.88%
  • Inhumans

6 18.75%
  • Daredevil

13 40.63%
  • Jessica Jones

8 25.00%
  • Luke Cage

8 25.00%
  • Iron Fist

4 12.50%
  • Defenders

9 28.13%
  • Punisher

7 21.88%
  • Runaways

3 9.38%
  • Cloak & Dagger

7 21.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which Marvel TV series should have a film cameo?

For a long time, the films have completely ignored the TV series set in the MCU. This changed a bit in Endgame, as Steve Rogers returned with Sharon Carter (who had appeared in his first film, but still...), and James D'Arcy appeared as Jarvis. Yes, a character from a TV series, that had never been in a film before that (I talk about Edwin Jarvis, not the J.A.R.V.I.S. AI). Unfortunately, the scene of Tony Stark talking with father Howard Stark did not feature Dominic Cooper, the Howard Stark of the Agent Carter series (that would have been awesome!), but with Carter herself and Jarvis we had quite much.

Also, the Captain Marvel film saw Phil Coulson again. The film is set in the past, so the modern Agents of Shield were not there, but hey, it was Coulson's return to the big screen since his "Death" in the Avengers and the start of the series.

So... I know that we shouldn't expect much, and probably none of those will ever happen, but someone can dream. Who else should have a cameo at some film?

Instead of Sam (Nova II) and Kamala, I rather Cloak and Dagger team up with Peter and they become a trio. Peter already stole Ganke from Miles I rather he did not steal Sam or Kamala too.

I'm assuming we won't see the Net Flixs marvel characters anywhere for a long time, but I do think it would be cool if got some cameos from Iron Fist and the Hand in Shang Chi.

I would like to see Punisher in a Captain America movie (before he appeared in the MCU I thought it would have been cool if he was the Super Soldier of the Vietnam War)

I want a better version of the Inhumans to show up in a future F4 film.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm assuming we won't see the Net Flixs marvel characters anywhere for a long time, but I do think it would be cool if got some cameos from Iron Fist and the Hand in Shang Chi.
    The Netflix contracts said that the characters can’t appear in television or films two years after their shows have ended. So after 2020 we can see the characters from Iron Fist, daredevil or Luke Cage show up somewhere. Assuming the actors aren’t busy with other projects.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

They'll probably recast anyway, and make the Netflix shows non-canon.

Adult Monica Rambeau (who debuted as a kid in Captain Marvel) will be in WandaVision. That's not going to keep her out of Captain Marvel 2. The various shows could also set up members of the Young Avengers, who would get a movie (however, I don't expect a comic faithful roster - there'll be a couple of Champions in there).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jessica Jones is low powered and she freaks out when big super fights happen, so it would be nice to see her forced to act when something big happens.

Something dealing with the snap would be interesting too. Did Jess get dusted, or Luke? Is she pregnant yet, and has the baby become 5 years old when Luke comes back?

All the Defenders
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I wanted Luke Cage to show up in Endgame and just pull that dumb glove off the Thanos guy and defeat him singlehandedly. Roll credits.

All the Defenders should carry on somewhere. Charlie Cox should keep playing DAREDEVIL in a film series aimed at the same audience, just larger.

Marvel should launch a Marvel Knights banner that they could release more mature audience films with DAREDEVIL, PUNISHER, JESS JONES, IRON FIST, LUKE CAGE, MOON KNIGHT, etc.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-25-2019 at 09:19 PM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Nothing Netflix should get even a mention... ever.

Agents, definitely.
    Runaways, absolutely, because... Runaways. ♥
    And Cloak & Dagger
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

JEssica and Luke have both had dealings with the RAFT which means shield. Given the luke cage actor has a new show in the fall IDK that he would be available, so I pick Jessica. The netflix shows are at least a little bit in the MCU so it is an easy fit to have her interact with Spider-man or whomever.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I wanted Luke Cage to show up in Endgame and just pull that dumb glove off the Thanos guy and defeat him singlehandedly. Roll credits.

All the Defenders should carry on somewhere. Charlie Cox should keep playing DAREDEVIL in a film series aimed at the same audience, just larger.

Marvel should launch a
    Marvel Knights banner that they could release more mature audience films with DAREDEVIL, PUNISHER, JESS JONES, IRON FIST, LUKE CAGE, MOON KNIGHT, etc.
    Other than IF and Punisher most of the parts were cast well.Especially the leads. They wounds but I would enjoy Matt, Luke and Jessica saving the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    The Netflix contracts said that the characters can’t appear in television or films two years after their shows have ended. So after 2020 we can see the characters from Iron Fist, daredevil or Luke Cage show up somewhere. Assuming the actors aren’t busy with other projects.
    I keep seeing the actors who played Luke and Misty pop up in promos for crappy CBS shows.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They'll probably recast anyway, and make the Netflix shows non-canon.
    If they recast the Netflix actors, then expect some backlash from the fanbase regardless of what they pull out as an excuse.