Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

First on the last page.
    Last edited by Banner; 07-24-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Banner View Post
    Does it really has to be a really big deal just to post something? I''m getting fed up with the hive mind and pack mentality in here.
    From the "Standards & Rules" thread...

PUT SOME THOUGHT AND EFFORT INTO IT

Opening posts of any thread should set the tone by introducing the topic and be a springboard for further conversation. Do not succinctly give a topic and then simply say "Discuss" or something similar, expecting other people to run with it. Do not only provide a link to somewhere else or copy/paste an entire article from elsewhere without adding your own thoughts. It’s no one’s job to start threads to make up for whatever particular topics they feel are missing from the forums or need to be split from other conversations, so do not start threads with the empty notion of filling a void without putting the effort into presenting the topic as something worth discussing. If you want to say something, then say it. If you can’t muster up enough effort to start a thread properly, wait for someone else to do it.

(This does not apply to genuine questions posed to the forum the thread starter has no answer to or presenting clips/trailers/previews of material that may be of interest to the forum.)
    Factoring that in, it doesn't really feel like a statement that you have decided is one thing, no matter what the point of view of others might be, doesn't really makes for much of a discussion.

If you have decided that there is no room to discuss if it is/was a contradiction, what is there to discuss?
    Last edited by numberthirty; 07-24-2019 at 03:16 PM.

It would be easier to just delete.
    Last edited by Banner; 07-24-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

"Foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"

In other Words, just close the whole board.

Any examples?
    Moore himself has said The Killing Joke is one of his weakest works.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

A little late to post that quote, don't you think. And this is not the first thread I'm noticing the tendency. And "opening posts of any thread should set the tone by introducing the topic and be a springboard for further conversation". In my opinion, it does. If it doesn't, say so instead of making rude comment or seeing it as an invitation to make even less relevant comments.

There is room to discuss anything as long as the intentions are good. If you want to disagree just to disagree, or shred a post just because you can, we're talking about the wrong intentions. When you a perfectly aware of what the original poster is trying to say, but pretend you don't, it's the wrong intentions.
    No. I really do not.

That's better.
    Last edited by Banner; 07-24-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Almost done now.
    Last edited by Banner; 07-24-2019 at 03:52 PM.

If I had't mentioned anything, I assume nobody would have bothered to post it. Should you see a post you don't think follow the standards you expect, post a friendly reminder instead of using it as an excuse for whatever.
    That was pretty friendly.

From your point of view, where is the other side of the discussion?

From what you've posted, it feels like "Declarative Statement Made. Not Much More To Discuss..."

I'm just not seeing where there is much of a discussion to be had there. That said... To you, what is the other side versus what you mentioned?

And the last one.
    Last edited by Banner; 07-24-2019 at 03:51 PM.