Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Marvel October 2019 Solicitations

https://www.newsarama.com/46255-marv...citations.html

As expected the Hickman era of X Men enters the next stage as HOX-POX wrap, Carnage wraps up except the main book getting one more issue, zombies.

Notable things
    *No Doctor Strange but there will be a new annual.
    *Looks like Champions is hinting the last issue.
    *More Marvel 80th anniversary stuff.
    * Moon Girl is gone.

Thoughts:

- Well, considering how many other revivals have happened in Immortal Hulk, Ross seemed inevitable. Wasn't expecting it as an Absolute Carnage tie-in, but I guess they're both red...

- Marvel Zombies...Contagion...DCEased...it all feels like the same story. Although with the former, it sounds like the 616 heroes get into a setting where they encounter their zombie versions?

- Are they stealth relaunching Ghost Rider again, or is that just a one-shot? Funny that, once again, it just goes back to focusing on Johnny Blaze and Danny Ketch while Robbie is in Avengers.

- I'm glad to see Doom with his own book under his proper title.

- Looks like Marvel is trying to really make up for the lack of promotion on those Future Fight characters. And "Future Avengers?" I thought they tried to pretend that series didn't exist.

- So there's another world out there where a group had a similar origin to the FF but views them as deadly enemies? Wonder how that happened.

- Sounds like Hulk evolves into a cosmic, world-ending, being in Ewing's future.

- Oh, so Pymtron does show up in Iron Man. Okay.

- It's nice to see them acknowledge Natasha and Bucky's romance, although from the solicit I'm still confused as to whether she remembers or not. I'm surprised they've left it as vague since then but maybe they're just really determined not to have them hook back up again.

- "he greatest god in history must defeat the one person who has always managed to escape his wrath" Except in that Ragnarok story where he sliced his head off. "stripped the God of Thunder of his legendary hammer." wasn't that just a whisper?

- The Strange annual sounds like a fill-in. Wonder how long before they announce what's next for the good doctor.

- "The Marvel Universe’s most dashing scoundrel" I kinda miss when he was just the God of Mischief.

- Black Knight and Punisher should be an interesting dynamic.

- Nice to see Anabelle Riggs isn't forgotten (but I wasn't expecting Ewing too).

- So instead of replacing Killmonger with space Killmonger...they're reviving the old Killmonger?

- The police nabbing a fake Daredevil reminds me of a Nightwing story.

- Satana? Vegas? This should be fun.

- I like that Kamala has now built up enough of a Rogues Gallery that a baddie can unite them in trying to destroy her.

- "WHO IS KISSING WHOM THIS ISSUE?" Other then Cho and Luna?

- Immortal Hulk and Gwenpoole should be worth it from the comedy factor alone.

- Kinda weird to see the Ten Rings organization be a thing in the comics (then again, SYNERGY).

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Looks like no more Marvel Team-up either. Weird to have that book launch and Kamala only ends up doing teamups with Peter and Carol.

And yeah, Contagion totally looks like Dceased.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Looks like no more Marvel Team-up either. Weird to have that book launch and Kamala only ends up doing teamups with Peter and Carol.
    I didn't expect that book to last long but that was a much shorter run then I was expecting .

I don't understand why anyone would buy another Marvel Zombies after how wack last year's book was. Contagion will hopefully be dope, though.

moon girl
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I don't understand why anyone would buy another Marvel Zombies after how wack last year's book was. Contagion will hopefully be dope, though.

moon girl
    ...There was a Marvel Zombies book last year ?

Ultimates Omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Damn, so Kamala's down to just her solo? To be honest though, I think it more likely that Champions will just have another roster/creative team change. Zub did say he has a new book to be announced soon, as well as that Agents of Wakanda one. So I reckon he's leaving the Champs to do something new, and someone else will take over.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

I'll probably pick up the Future Fight tie-ins because I really want to see White Fox, Luna, and Crescent's stories.

Do we really need more zombie stories? I stopped enjoying Marvel Zombies a long time ago.

Yay, Marvel remembers Pei exists!

Fantastic Four looks ... interesting? That's a first for this run.

Good to know Julie was trying to break Xavin out. Who else would she know that's in an intergalactic prison?

And that means the last hanging plot point from pre-Rowell Runaways has been addressed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

I wonder how much time has it been in-universe since Xavin was jailed. It's odd Nico hasn't summoned her staff and hasn't willed her out of jail and placing a simulacrum in her cell.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

RUNAWAYS #26, and a few others if I like the first issues anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I wonder how much time has it been in-universe since Xavin was jailed. It's odd Nico hasn't summoned her staff and hasn't willed her out of jail and placing a simulacrum in her cell.
    It's definitely the better part of two years if that's when Gert died. Comic book time is generally incalculable, but the events of the first series up until Gert died could have easily taken place in a span of six months or less. I don't think the rest of the series that Xavin appeared in would have been any more than that.

A spell would have been a neat resolution, but I've been hoping for Karolina to call in the favour that Abigail Brand owes her.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I figured Pymtron would of course be in Ultron Agenda. I’m glad as I think Tony, Janet and Jocasta are the ones that could and should help Hank come back.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Buy
    All of the new X-men titles.
    Superior Spiderman
    Dead Man Logan
    Ghost Rider
    Savage Avengers
    Savage Sword of Conan
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Fantastic Four

Want but likely won't get
    Absolute Carnage
    Venom
    Dr. Doom
    Contagen
    It's nice of them to have three events at once. All five issues of Contagen in the same month. SMH

I am looking forward to the Ultron Agenda I just hope/wish Nadia makes an appearance in the story.

That Champions solicitation does make it look like a final issue, but I doubt the Champions will be gone for long.

Gwenpool vs the Immortal Hulk is going to be fun.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman