Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

I was looking at the Marvel for oct and the covers dont have the Legacy numbers and the covers look different pretty im sure this isn't the final project.But it does have me a little worried

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- Well, considering how many other revivals have happened in Immortal Hulk, Ross seemed inevitable. Wasn't expecting it as an Absolute Carnage tie-in, but I guess they're both red...

- Marvel Zombies...Contagion...DCEased...it all feels like the same story. Although with the former, it sounds like the 616 heroes get into a setting where they encounter their zombie versions?

- Are they stealth relaunching Ghost Rider again, or is that just a one-shot? Funny that, once again, it just goes back to focusing on Johnny Blaze and Danny Ketch while Robbie is in Avengers.

- I'm glad to see Doom with his own book under his proper title.

- Looks like Marvel is trying to really make up for the lack of promotion on those Future Fight characters. And "Future Avengers?" I thought they tried to pretend that series didn't exist.

- So there's another world out there where a group had a similar origin to the FF but views them as deadly enemies? Wonder how that happened.

- Sounds like Hulk evolves into a cosmic, world-ending, being in Ewing's future.

- Oh, so Pymtron does show up in Iron Man. Okay.

- It's nice to see them acknowledge Natasha and Bucky's romance, although from the solicit I'm still confused as to whether she remembers or not. I'm surprised they've left it as vague since then but maybe they're just really determined not to have them hook back up again.

- "he greatest god in history must defeat the one person who has always managed to escape his wrath" Except in that Ragnarok story where he sliced his head off. "stripped the God of Thunder of his legendary hammer." wasn't that just a whisper?

- The Strange annual sounds like a fill-in. Wonder how long before they announce what's next for the good doctor.

- "The Marvel Universe’s most dashing scoundrel" I kinda miss when he was just the God of Mischief.

- Black Knight and Punisher should be an interesting dynamic.

- Nice to see Anabelle Riggs isn't forgotten (but I wasn't expecting Ewing too).

- So instead of replacing Killmonger with space Killmonger...they're reviving the old Killmonger?

- The police nabbing a fake Daredevil reminds me of a Nightwing story.

- Satana? Vegas? This should be fun.

- I like that Kamala has now built up enough of a Rogues Gallery that a baddie can unite them in trying to destroy her.

- "WHO IS KISSING WHOM THIS ISSUE?" Other then Cho and Luna?

- Immortal Hulk and Gwenpoole should be worth it from the comedy factor alone.

- Kinda weird to see the Ten Rings organization be a thing in the comics (then again, SYNERGY).
    I never even saw the daredevil solicit. Sorry about champions, but it looks like my marvel pull list is starting to shrink.

Avengers #25
    Strikeforce #2
    House of X #6
    Powers of X #6
    Excalibur #1
    Marauders #1
    X-Men #1
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Absolute Carnage: Immortal Hulk 1
    ASM 31 & 32
    Black Cat 5
    Ghost Rider 1
    Immortal Hulk 25
    Venom 19
    Last edited by chachi; 07-25-2019 at 06:19 PM.

Another exciting month!

Pulling:

Absolute Carnage 4
    Absolute Carnage: Immortal Hulk
    Venom 19
    Amazing Spider-Man 31-32
    Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 13
    Contagion 1 - Ed Brisson writing Iron Fist again? Easy sell!
    Immortal Hulk 25- The best book of the year continues and I can't wait for this issue!
    Silver Surfer Black 5
    Guardians of The Galaxy 10
    Daredevil 12

Maybe:
    Amazing Spider-Man Full Circle
    Spider-Verse 1
    X-Men
    Spider-Man 2 (depends on the first issue)
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

X-MEN #1
    EXCALIBUR #1
    MARAUDERS #1
    HOUSE OF X #6 (OF 6)
    POWERS OF X #6 (OF 6)
    SPIDER-MAN #2 (OF 5)
    ABSOLUTE CARNAGE #4 (OF 5)
    ABSOLUTE CARNAGE: THE IMMORTAL HULK #1
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: FULL CIRCLE #1
    BLACK CAT #5
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #32
    GHOST RIDER #1
    DOCTOR DOOM #1
    FANTASTIC FOUR #15
    IMMORTAL HULK #25
    AVENGERS #25
    HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #4 (OF 6)
    SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN #10
    CONAN THE BARBARIAN #10

And to my Collected Editions wishlist:

MARVEL MASTERS OF SUSPENSE: STAN LEE & STEVE DITKO OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC
    WHAT IF? CLASSIC: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 2 TPB

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Well, we made it to page 2 without anyone using the phrase "flooding the market."

I really want to add Ghost Rider to my pull list, but I have too many.
    Baby Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I was looking at the Marvel for oct and the covers dont have the Legacy numbers and the covers look different pretty im sure this isn't the final project.But it does have me a little worried
    Though the logos are on the covers, yeah, it's not the actual trade dress. With the possible exception of the X books, that'll still be the Fresh Start design.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    * Moon Girl is gone.
    I had a gut feeling it was going to end with issue #50. It's a nice round number to end on. The fact that the series lasted this long and has a higher issue number than 90% of the other Marvel books is a good run, though, but I will miss it.

For Me:
    -Daredevil #12
    -Dead Man Logan #12
    -Runaways #26

I love the new X-Men line logos. Not enough to buy them, mind you, but they do look really good.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

At least they already set up Lunella being in Fantastic Four. She's their neighbour, and appeared in F4's War of the Realms issue. Squirrel Girl ends in November as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Getting: avengers, black panther, agents of Wakanda, marauders, asm #32
    Maybe: Excalibur , doctor doom

October is going to be an epic month for X-Men fans. It might be the most impactful month for X-Men fans in a decade.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

At least they already set up Lunella being in Fantastic Four. She's their neighbour, and appeared in F4's War of the Realms issue. Squirrel Girl ends in November as well.
    Guess marvel has got enough trades worth of comics to sell at schools for now.

Sad about marvel team up. Ms marvel is a great choice for a team up book meeting other heroes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    Well, we made it to page 2 without anyone using the phrase "flooding the market."
    At this point it is a given, just like I don't point out ink rubbing off covers when every new issue comes out.

I really want to add Ghost Rider to my pull list, but I have too many.
    So... are you complaining about too many books?

Amazing Spider-Man #31 & #32
    House of X #6
    Powers of X #6
    Spider-Man #2 (I think I pulled this series)

Very most definitely adding
    X-Men #1

Not sure about the other X-books, although I might just ask for all the X-Men True Believers.

Generally speaking, for years I've limited myself to about five comics per month; I'm a teacher so it's not like I'm flush with cash, y'know? But this month... well...

House of X #6
    Powers of X #6
    Marauders #1
    Absolute Carnage: Lethal Protectors #3
    Superior Spider-Man #12
    Contagion #1-5
    Black Panther & the Agents of Wakanda #2
    Silver Surfer: Black #5
    Death's Head #5
    Runaways #26

-Pav, who is glad so many cool characters get the spotlight this month...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details