Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adam Warlock

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    uh...not really.
    Allow me to clarify. He's more tied to the Avengers than the FF. Appearances in Thor, Avengers. Plus the whole Thanos/Captain Marvel ties.

I would, however, agree that he doesn't really seem "tied" to any particular "franchise" within the MU, save the MU itself (or maybe "cosmic" if that can be considered one).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    It's been resolved a little more than a month ago. Starlin can use Warlock again and he'll appear in 3 graphic novels that he is doing with Marvel.
    www.bleedingcool.com/2014/06/26/adam-warlock-back-at-marvel-and-jim-starlin-off-to-the-guardians-premiere/
    Based on what Starlin said months back, I think by "three graphic novels" he means that "Thanos Annual" from a few months ago, "Thanos: The Infinity Revelation" coming out Wednesday, and the temporarily canceled (until all this was sorted out) "Thanos: The Infinity Duel."

Starlin spoke of doing three Thanos projects, each set in a different time period. The annual was in the past, "The Infinity Revelation" is supposed to be in the relative present, and "The Infinity Duel" was to be in the future.

After Wednesday, I think we'll just be waiting on the one more.

Quote Originally Posted by TresDias View Post
    Based on what Starlin said months back, I think by "three graphic novels" he means that "Thanos Annual" from a few months ago, "Thanos: The Infinity Revelation" coming out Wednesday, and the temporarily canceled (until all this was sorted out) "Thanos: The Infinity Duel."

Starlin spoke of doing three Thanos projects, each set in a different time period. The annual was in the past, "The Infinity Revelation" is supposed to be in the relative present, and "The Infinity Duel" was to be in the future.

After Wednesday, I think we'll just be waiting on the one more.
    Wasn't Starlin supposed to write Savage Hulk as well? The Thanos Annual references Savage Hulk 7 (supposedly coming in December). Current Savage Hulk seems to be written by Alan Davis though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciriaco View Post
    Wasn't Starlin supposed to write Savage Hulk as well? The Thanos Annual references Savage Hulk 7 (supposedly coming in December). Current Savage Hulk seems to be written by Alan Davis though.
    Yeah, his Savage Hulk is supposed to happen on the cosmic scene and Annihilus, Blaastar, and Thanos will appear so based on the timing I guess it will set up the Infinity Duel that TresDias referred to.

Yeah, his Savage Hulk is supposed to happen on the cosmic scene and Annihilus, Blaastar, and Thanos will appear so based on the timing I guess it will set up the Infinity Duel that TresDias referred to.
    But the current run is only two issues old, early writer change or is the Starlin run late?

But the current run is only two issues old, early writer change or is the Starlin run late?
    You said its expected on December and issue 3 is for this month so it seems to mesh with the expected schedule
    August: #3
    September: #4
    October: #5
    November: #6
    December: #7

You said its expected on December and issue 3 is for this month so it seems to mesh with the expected schedule
    August: #3
    September: #4
    October: #5
    November: #6
    December: #7
    I was just confused since it's another writer on the title now. But I'll stop derailing this thread now and keep an eye open when/if Starlin takes over the title.

I was just confused since it's another writer on the title now. But I'll stop derailing this thread now and keep an eye open when/if Starlin takes over the title.
    It's the nature of the "Savage" line. "Savage Hulk" much like "Savage Wolverine" will always rotate creative teams quickly.
    It's meant to provide an opportunity for old and new creators to jump onto these characters tell a story that doesn't have to feature heavy continuity and jump out.

In Starlin's case his 3-4 issue long Savage Hulk arc actually will tie into the greater Thanos/Warlock narrative he's now telling.
    When he thought Adam Warlock was "taken off the table by Marvel" Starlin was pissed and said his "Savage Hulk arc would be the last of his 3 project agreement with Marvel." Those 3 projects are:
    1.) Thanos Annual#1
    2.) Infinity Revelation
    3.) Savage Hulk
    Since that time the dispute with Marvel about Warlock's availability has been resolved and Starlin has been given the green-light to continue using him in his future stories, which as of now seems to be an 3 additional Graphic Novels.

His first Graphic Novel Thanos: The Infinity Revelation comes out TOMORROW 8/6 and it is part of his FIRST 3 project agreement not this new one that was mentioned in the link posted earlier in the thread.

Tomorrow, Adam Warlock is back and I for one cant wait!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Superkreep View Post
    It's the nature of the "Savage" line. "Savage Hulk" much like "Savage Wolverine" will always rotate creative teams quickly.
    It's meant to provide an opportunity for old and new creators to jump onto these characters tell a story that doesn't have to feature heavy continuity and jump out.

In Starlin's case his 3-4 issue long Savage Hulk arc actually will tie into the greater Thanos/Warlock narrative he's now telling.
    When he thought Adam Warlock was "taken off the table by Marvel" Starlin was pissed and said his "Savage Hulk arc would be the last of his 3 project agreement with Marvel." Those 3 projects are:
    1.) Thanos Annual#1
    2.) Infinity Revelation
    3.) Savage Hulk
    Since that time the dispute with Marvel about Warlock's availability has been resolved and Starlin has been given the green-light to continue using him in his future stories, which as of now seems to be an 3 additional Graphic Novels.

His first Graphic Novel Thanos: The Infinity Revelation comes out TOMORROW 8/6 and it is part of his FIRST 3 project agreement not this new one that was mentioned in the link posted earlier in the thread.

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up. So then the proposed Infinity Duel would be the first of the 3 additional graphic novels.

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up. So then the proposed Infinity Duel would be the first of the 3 additional graphic novels.
    That seems to be the case, and if so that's going to be flat out awesome!
    Especially if he can get Ron Lim and maybe even George Perez on board for some of those.
    Their styles mesh well and it would be an Infinity Gauntlet reunion.

BANNED

I'm still pretty confident that "Duel" is the last of the three. Notice how Starlin said he'll get to use Warlock "in all three of the graphic novels I am doing with Marvel"? The "the" seems to reference the three projects he's been referring to for a while now, not that he'll be doing an additional three because of the embargo being lifted.

That's the impression one gets if you synthesize all that Starlin has had to say lately:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=50056
    http://www.newsarama.com/19918-jim-s...evelation.html
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=51303
    http://www.newsarama.com/20994-jim-s...lock-hold.html

Being able to use Warlock was part of the three-project plan he's had all along rather than an opportunity to do three more.

Quote Originally Posted by TresDias View Post
    I'm still pretty confident that "Duel" is the last of the three. Notice how Starlin said he'll get to use Warlock "in all three of the graphic novels I am doing with Marvel"? The "the" seems to reference the three projects he's been referring to for a while now, not that he'll be doing an additional three because of the embargo being lifted.

That's the impression one gets if you synthesize all that Starlin has had to say lately:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=50056
    http://www.newsarama.com/19918-jim-s...evelation.html
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=51303
    http://www.newsarama.com/20994-jim-s...lock-hold.html

Being able to use Warlock was part of the three-project plan he's had all along rather than an opportunity to do three more.
    It's just been released the latest Marvel Q & A that Infinity Revelations is the FIRST of the three graphic novels.

http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/8...t=story-23029&

So yeah, everyone was a little off. Oh well, more Starlin's Thanos and Warlock.
    Last edited by pinoypanzer; 08-05-2014 at 11:02 AM.

Spoilers ahead for the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie: spoilers:
    Does anyone else think Adam Warlock could be the father mentioned at the end when Star Lord is meeting with the Nova Corps?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Superkreep View Post

[snip]

Ah, didn't know of the 'Savage' setup, thanks for the explanation.

And yes, it will be great to revisit Adam again as well. Thanos will probably be exploited a lot in the years to come (and not always for the best) but Adam will probably (unfortunately) be more rare so I'll cherish this moment.

Besides Adam I'm also excited to meet the abstracts again. I really miss that part of Cosmic Marvel, I have an unexplained fascination for the whole Marvels abstract cosmic architecture.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStrange View Post
    Spoilers ahead for the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie: spoilers:
    Does anyone else think Adam Warlock could be the father mentioned at the end when Star Lord is meeting with the Nova Corps?
    end of spoilers
    Are you talking about the scene spoilers:
    at the end when they talked about how they are glad they didn't take him to his father when they first abducted him? Because Adam Warlock is not Starlord's father.
    end of spoilers