Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default I wish the X satellite books went back to being more separate

The way Cables X-Force, Alex and Jamie’s X-Factor were related to the X-men but not under them

And not filled with main X-men that didn’t make the main team

Like one or two is cool but **** like the new X-Force I have no interest in
    Because it’s characters that I mainly associate with X-men

m here for HoX and PoX but I hope the series keeps my interest after

This sounds like an unpopular opinion but I share it.

There’s something unsettling about how grand and organized Hicks-Men books look.

I’m apprehensive, but Morrison had me feeling similarly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    This sounds like an unpopular opinion but I share it.

There’s something unsettling about how grand and organized Hicks-Men books look.

I’m apprehensive, but Morrison had me feeling similarly.
    For me, it’s just that those books used to be for showcasing other characters with different goals

Now it’s just showing other X-Men

I'm excited about the upcoming satellites each having their own locale and genre to navigate in.

I also think it's a great idea to sprinkle in some well-known X-Men so these books can last. X-Force is both random and kind of generic and is my least-favorite lineup-wise. Gonna be cool to see Rogue/Gambit not do the same ol' same ol' superhero bit.

Stories mature and change,Teams have work together and Teams have been independent. You can't have connected world and status of what is going on it doesn't affect things we typically bash the Avengers here because the living the same world and don't do anything for X-men. The bigger point is the large event going on in the world and the X-men have to work together hence the closer relationship of the books. The story pushes the style of the teams.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-24-2019 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    The way Cables X-Force, Alex and Jamie’s X-Factor were related to the X-men but not under them

Its 2019. The 90s are over and most mutant heroes (and even villians) have since been X-men. Any satellite book now will primarily feature X-men bc of that. Blame the Fraction era for that

I want the satallite books to be separate for the most part. I want the teams to be based out of different locations as well. Maybe that’s why we seen habitat seeds being planted in the Savage Land, Moon, Mars and other remote locations. That said I like that Professor X is in charge. I wouldn’t mind seeing Mutants that refuse to join him because they disagree. That could be a nice team book. Also the Fraction era sucked.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Stories mature and change,Teams have work together and Teams have been independent. You can't have connected world and status of what is going on it doesn't affect things we typically bash the Avengers here because the living the same world and don't do anything for X-men. The bigger point is the large event going on in the world and the X-men have to work together hence the closer relationship of the books. The story pushes the style of the teams.
    Avengers satellite books do what I’m talking about tho

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Embrace change.

Go back to the 90's won't do any good. Time for changes.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Embrace change.

Go back to the 90's won't do any good. Time for changes.
    There’s nothing intrinsically 90s about the OP

I've always loved the side-titles that feature C- and D-Listers: stuff like the Legion Legacy series, Bishop: the Last X-Man, District X, X-Factor Investigations, and X-Statix. So I'm somewhat bummed that there seemingly isn't book coming out that fits that description (at least until the X-CELLENT comes). I especially liked when the X-Factor Investigations cast weren't necessarily on the friendliest terms with the main X-Men.

That being said, I love the Morrison run and think it's smart to have an overarching story/purpose for the X-line as a whole. So while I don't see any books starring my very favorite mutants, I'm at least excited about the potential of Hickman's story. And he seems to like using large casts, so I'm still hopeful that my faves will play some minor roles.

-Pav, who also loved Aguirre-Sacasa's Nightcrawler solo...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Avengers satellite books do what I’m talking about tho
    That's the point: The Avengers have a poorly defined and global goal of protecting the world. There are a thousand threats of a different nature that require their attention.

The X-Men have a clear goal: Protect mutants and make them accepted in society. Although they have different secondary objectives and differentiated methods, they are all part of the same fight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    That's the point: The Avengers have a poorly defined and global goal of protecting the world. There are a thousand threats of a different nature that require their attention.

The X-Men have a clear goal: Protect mutants and make them accepted in society. Although they have different secondary objectives and differentiated methods, they are all part of the same fight.
    And yet you can still protect mutants in different ways and not have each team under one leader

Astonishing Member

I think weaker sales on the X-books means that the more interconnected angle is played on and emphasized more nowadays.

BANNED

Agree with this sentiment. Satellite books have been diluted making them standard XMen books going by another name. Jean, Beast, Colossus in XForce, Rogue and Gambit in Excalibur. The series identities have been completely lost. I know familiar series names boost sales but still.