Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    If Scott shrinks it could just turn into an endurance contest, with Scott hiding and waiting to see if Peter falls asleep before he does.
    The much-faster Peter, complete with Peter Tingle (goodness, Marvel/Sony, how hard did we have to force that one down?), will just web him before Scott can react. Even if he manages to shrink, Pete proved just fine that he can dodge dozens of automatic weapons that he can't see, hear or smell and deliver a hit on his foe who he also can't see hear or smell, thanks to his Peter Tingle.

Like in so many situations, speed kills.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    The much-faster Peter, complete with Peter Tingle (goodness, Marvel/Sony, how hard did we have to force that one down?), will just web him before Scott can react. Even if he manages to shrink, Pete proved just fine that he can dodge dozens of automatic weapons that he can't see, hear or smell and deliver a hit on his foe who he also can't see hear or smell, thanks to his Peter Tingle.

Like in so many situations, speed kills.
    But the Peter Tingle warns Peter against threats. If Scott managed to shrink down and avoid being webbed and then just hid he wouldn't be a threat that sets it off.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    If Scott shrinks it could just turn into an endurance contest, with Scott hiding and waiting to see if Peter falls asleep before he does.
    Scotts pretty old, my money is on him falling asleep before Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Scotts pretty old, my money is on him falling asleep before Peter.
    Doesn’t actually matter, as I think Scott can stay shrunk while he sleeps and Pete couldn’t find him. So in that circumstance this just goes on until such a time as Peter’s sleep coincides with Scott being awake.

both the iron spider suit and the "normal" suit have various types of visions on it installed, we sure spider-man cant detect a hiding antman?

Yeah, heightened senses + Stark tech sensors should reveal a hiding Ant man, if only just his general location. Falcon managed to do so and I believe his rig is mostly SHIELD tech.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Yeah, heightened senses + Stark tech sensors should reveal a hiding Ant man, if only just his general location. Falcon managed to do so and I believe his rig is mostly SHIELD tech.
    But Stark wasn't able to detect Antman enter his armour in the Civil War fight, right? I know he probably only got a momentary glimpse of Antman before he kicked Spidey, but still, they knew there was a little guy running around with Cap's team. Do we automatically attribute the Ironspider armour the same sensors that Falcon's tech has?

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    But Stark wasn't able to detect Antman enter his armour in the Civil War fight, right? I know he probably only got a momentary glimpse of Antman before he kicked Spidey, but still, they knew there was a little guy running around with Cap's team. Do we automatically attribute the Ironspider armour the same sensors that Falcon's tech has?
    Tony was kinda jobbing to everyone in civil war.
    Tony also wasnt actively searching for Ant-man.
    Spider-man actually has feats of him using "enhanced reconnaissance" mode, granting him superhearing-lite, infra red vision, the abillity to see through vehicles etc. he also has a drone to help him out.

And i'm sure we can all agree that Tony has way more advanced tech then anything shield or the government has.

Ant Man snuck aboard Iron Man's armor after being launched there by an arrow. Iron Man wasn't actively looking for Ant Man, and once Iron Man realized what was happening he flushed Ant Man out.

The thing is, even if Spidey's suit doesn't have the tech to defeat Ant Man, Ant Man can't pull off a sneak attack against Spidey either thanks to the Peter Tingle. I'm willing to bet Ant Man dies of thirst first.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Does Spidey get EDITH?