Default How strong is Obelix?

What class would Obelix be in, according to our standarts?

Around Class 50?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Stronger than that, in Twelve Tasks Of Asterix he threw a javelin - in a manner one would throw a paper aeroplane - and it fully circled the earth and kept going.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

While pulling five Egyptian ships through the water of the Nile, he sprints at such speed it creates a giant plume of water behind each ship. These ships are large enough to carry roughly 100+ tons of granite, each; they're quite big. He does seemingly without effort, for an extended period.

He has another feat which I cannot off-hand find, but vaguely recall as him throwing a tree between continents, over the Atlantic Ocean (I think it was a tree...maybe?).

He's at least Class 50, if not beyond.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Twelve Tasks is of somewhat iffy canonicity, with regards to the primary canon. ^_^ It's similar to the whole DBZ 'manga versus anime' situation.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Twelve Tasks is of somewhat iffy canonicity, with regards to the primary canon. ^_^ It's similar to the whole DBZ 'manga versus anime' situation.
    Now that I think on it does end on the quote "It's only a movie, anything goes," and then Obelix spontaneously learns how to teleport so certainly salt required.

I'd still pitch him as a little above Class 50 myself, not hugely, but a smidge.

Obelix At Sea: Obelix runs a Roman ship (it's huge) up onto the beach with such force it goes up an earthen berm and smashes through a palisade wall that's at least 100' from where the waves are crashing on the shore. He does this...by using a single set of oars in the water.

That's...insane.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Now that I think on it does end on the quote "It's only a movie, anything goes," and then Obelix spontaneously learns how to teleport so certainly salt required.
    Basically, it was a movie written by the guys who did the comics, but it was still made to be an animated movie. It doesn't match up too well with the rest of the series, ending with Caesar abdicating to Vitalstatistix (English name) and going to retire with Cleopatra.

I'd still pitch him as a little above Class 50 myself, not hugely, but a smidge.
    Indeed. I'd say he might crawl up to Class 60, but barring someone finding feats that are wildly out of what I've seen, that's pushing it.
    Why are we here?