Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I don’t see a problem with them being needed, tbf. Cinema is a different beast, and some of the feats we see in comics just wouldn’t translate as well in cinema. That’s the beauty of comics, I suppose.
    Drax fits perfectly for films.
    And though not as powerful as his comic counterpart, Thanos was just as scary and threatening.

On the flipside, I’d argue Cap got a big upgrade. And Wintersoldier.
    Captain marvel is probably the one almost exactly the same as the comics, but it doesn’t necessarily work in the favour of other characters who’s abilities have been knocked down.
    Yeah, no selling Thanos' headbutt was ridicolous.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Yeah, no selling Thanos' headbutt was ridicolous.
    Yeah, got to agree. Thanos needed to be stronger than them all, and prove he was inevitable, instead of making us wonder why Carol couldn’t have just took him down earlier on.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Thor is the most obvious, he is nothing like the Kirby character. Hulk was a joke in the last Avengers.

Doctor Strange was turned into a power ranger character who needed magical space stones to do anything, instead of ya know- being a wizard?

BANNED

Honestly Doctor Strange seemed more street level with hax in his own movie. Infinity War Doctor Strange raises eyebrows on how powerful he is but it’s still slightly unknown if he can harm characters like Thor, Thanos, Captain Marvel without BFR.

Honestly every CBM character is going to have better showings in the comics though and at times worse showings too given how long running comics are

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Thor is the most obvious, he is nothing like the Kirby character. Hulk was a joke in the last Avengers.
    I agree Thor's strength and power was really toned down, but his durability was not.

Doctor Strange was turned into a power ranger character who needed magical space stones to do anything, instead of ya know- being a wizard?
    In his own film, he didn't know enough to be a Sorcerer Supreme. In IW and EG he clearly showed he had learned based on his solo showing against Thanos.

deleted

/10 char
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

*sigh* just realized I replied to the wrong thread.
    Last edited by capandkirby; 02-03-2020 at 04:20 PM.

MCU Hulk is s such a joke I stopped watching any of it.

BANNED

I don't understand why people like constantly whine about this.
    I like they actually do stuff with Hulk and Thor besides making them giant measuring sticks, why this is apparently what people want instead of Bruce Banner who can actually move past his problems is something I just don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Well now that's a flat out lie, the only things he ever needed the time stone was to manipulate time and he only does that about 3 times in his own movie.
    And then once in IW and once in Endgame the movies where he does way more impressive stuff.
    Last edited by Skullkid; 02-04-2020 at 09:04 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Yeah, got to agree. Thanos needed to be stronger than them all, and prove he was inevitable, instead of making us wonder why Carol couldn’t have just took him down earlier on.
    How is Carol no selling a headbutt ridiculous where she was possibly amped. Yet the fact Thor overpowered the IG in Infinity War with Stormbreaker not? If anything that’s the farthest thing from scaling when you look at the comic books. Stormbreaker, Mljonir, Ultimate Mljonir combined should do nothing of the sort to a full IG. Heck in Infinity Thanos took a Mljonir swing with nothing less than his neck moving a bit

I’d argue they were playing with Mar-Vell instances against Thanos, you could argue a lot of characters could of beat Thanos as well.
    Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange who the latter was delegated to flood duty