Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Hickman's run was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    2019 and writers still don't get that if two people have sex with one another, but one of them doesn't know who the other is (whether by shape-shifting, mind-control, etc), then that person is being raped. But, oh, Johnny's a man, so it's OK.
    Is Slott bro, after SSM, this is no surprise.
    Last edited by TheCape; 07-27-2019 at 07:15 AM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Is Slott bro, after SSM, this is no surprise.
    no, ssm is putting on a moustache and calling yourself bobby mickspangle while just being yourself
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I'd like Lyja to return.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    no, ssm is putting on a moustache and calling yourself bobby mickspangle while just being yourself
    Isn't body-swapping a kind of shapeshifting?

I wonder if this is like a Donald Blake-Thor hammer situation in that Ben has to fight the devil Hulk and hope to at least drive him off the island before he turns into his unbrick-self.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    That's not quite true, actually. Johnny had forgiven her, at least enough for them to try at a real relationship. That got derailed when the whole "fake baby" thing got revealed, but Johnny had begun pursuing a real relationship with Lyja up to that point.

Even after that, his feelings for her have been mixed. There has been, of course, a lot of hurt and anger over the various deceptions. But he has also still had feelings for her. After the FF returned from Counter-Earth in the "Heroes Return" period, Johnny made reference to missing Lyja and having looked for her but not being able to find her.
    And fast-forward to Secret Invasion: Fantastic Four which explains that following the FF's disappearnce, Lyja led a human existence until she was recruited by Veranke. The queen tasked her to destroy the FF by drawing the Baxter Building into the Negative Zone, which had Johnny, Ben, Franklin and Val. During the inevitable reunion, Lyja and Johnny fought, but later came to an agreement and even shared a kiss. Lyja then elected to exile herself in the N-Zone, to Johnny's protests.

Lyja's last confirmed appearance was in She-Hulk: Cosmic Collision, as one of several superheroines gathered by the Collector to save them from the entity Unum. Sue met her and was relieved to see her alive and well.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Hulk fans would be pissed, but I want Ben to win for once and finally be one of Marvel’s heavy hitters again.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Hulk fans would be pissed, but I want Ben to win for once and finally be one of Marvel’s heavy hitters again.
    This is Slott and Brevoort's goal. At worst, Ben will just refuse to go down before the story ends.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Ben did win once before -- in Steve Englehart's run, when Ben was in his stronger, spikier Thing form and Hulk was in his grey "Joe Fixit" days. It was great to see Ben get at least one victory in the ongoing Thing/Hulk grudge matches. I'd love to see another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Ben did win once before -- in Steve Englehart's run, when Ben was in his stronger, spikier Thing form and Hulk was in his grey "Joe Fixit" days. It was great to see Ben get at least one victory in the ongoing Thing/Hulk grudge matches. I'd love to see another one.
    Unfortunately about a month later in Hulk...Fixit beat Hulk by tricking him to basically run himself into exhaustion and then Fixit choked him out...a very ignoble way to lose.

Mispost, don't know how to delete, sorry.
    Last edited by Doombot; 07-27-2019 at 10:29 PM.

Astonishing Member

Humm,Thing will revert to Ben Grimm and this story will have a Hulk vs the Thing scene.
    I am guessing the change will be in the worst part for Benjamin,will this be a Benjamin Grimm vs Hulk story?

Astonishing Member

The bickering between the Benjamin and Johny it´s just a part of the Fantastic Four stories that with Dan Slott humour makes the joke of Johny in that preview something cool to read about.

Extraordinary Member

I like that Slott seems to have gotten the characters' voices right, except for the Lyja joke. That situation shouldn’t be treated as a joke, but a serious violation of both Johnny and Alicia.
    Yeah, you'd think your friends and family wouldn't be so jovial about the time when you essentially fell in love with your buddy's now-wife and married her only to have it revealed that you'd essentially been raped by a shapeshifting alien.