Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    The only time Lyja was well handled was in MC2. Geez, it's almost as if I'm a fan of MC2?

Also, her cameo in Marvel Age Power Pack was hilarious.
    As a fan of the MC-2 I second this as it was interesting to see Lyja and Johnny as Parents.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Humm,Thing will revert to Ben Grimm and this story will have a Hulk vs the Thing scene.
    I am guessing the change will be in the worst part for Benjamin,will this be a Benjamin Grimm vs Hulk story?
    Not the first time that happen either considering PAD's run on the Grey Hulk days.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Not the first time that happen either considering PAD's run on the Grey Hulk days.
    Indeed.There was a Ben Grimm vs the Grey Hulk in Padīs run but in that story there was Sharon as well in the She Thing form.
    Anyways i am just trying to guess the story from reading the preview.
    Looking forward to read the Hulk written by Dan Slott again after the apearence in the third issue,that had writen the Hulk as friends with the FF,so i am intrigued to see how the classic brawl of the Thing vs the Hulk will be written.

Mighty Member

This issue disappointed me.

Then the Future Foundation made me happy again rather quickly.

spoilers:
    Admittedly, it's a rather predictable plot. Ben is on a timer. Hulk appears to reck a vacation. People get hurt. Ends mostly with Hulk pulverizing the Thing. I'm guessing the next issue is Ben losing his Thing powers and outsmarting Puppet Master somehow.
    end of spoilers

The Future Foundation was rather interesting. Alex has always been my least favorite Power in the Power Pack, but it really highlights how he's changed.
    spoilers:
    The conversation with Julie at the end was fun. Her telling him to shave the beard was hilarious. Him nostalgically going through pictures of the Power Pack days makes me want a Power Pack story soon. Good thing we have Grow Up in a few weeks.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 07-31-2019 at 05:32 AM.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

This issue made me think that Slott wanted to write the Hulk, but not Ewing's Immortal Hulk.

Mighty Member

Once again a disapointing issue. I believe in Slott and his Fantastic four, but he really doesn't seem to find his voice.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Spectacular Member

I liked the issue on the whole -- but I do think it's another bit of Slott checking off his 'wish list' of Fantastic Four stories. While I can't fault him for wanting to tell these stories, I really feel that he should have spread them out over the course of 2 years while at the same time introducing new concepts of his own. He certainly seemed capable of that with his Silver Surfer run.

The Future Foundation preview was fun and it was great to see those characters again. I think Jeremy Whitley was an excellent choice to tell their adventures.

Alicia wants those babies. Deadass wants that Blue Eye'd Benjamin Baby Batter.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Really liked the art. Sean Izaakse should be the permanent artist for the book.
    The story was fine, I want Ben to have a clear win. The rivalry with Hulk has been too one sided. That’s not a real rivalry and it’s boring when the results are the same. Ben should get an upgrade, he can still be slightly weaker but not to the point where he is no match. Enough of these nostalgia trips that add nothing new.

Either have Ben be stronger and a threat again or don’t bother.

Loved the Future Foundation story, enjoyed the dynamics and looks like it will be a lot of fun.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

The highlight of FF is aggressive, undermining Bentley.

Medina should be the great creator, but some of these Izaakse panels are super dope.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

I admittedly bought this for the Future Foundation back issue because I like the Future Foundation and looks like the book is doing something more high concept than what the Four are doing.

I didn't realize this until someone pointed it out, but it feels like Slott is trying to ground the Fantastic Four. They haven't exactly gone to any exotic places with intricate designs. They've pretty much been confined to generic city street in New York, Latveria which we've seen a million times, and non-exotic places. The most exotic place they've been to was in the first three issues.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I admittedly bought this for the Future Foundation back issue because I like the Future Foundation and looks like the book is doing something more high concept than what the Four are doing.

I didn't realize this until someone pointed it out, but it feels like Slott is trying to ground the Fantastic Four. They haven't exactly gone to any exotic places with intricate designs. They've pretty much been confined to generic city street in New York, Latveria which we've seen a million times, and non-exotic places. The most exotic place they've been to was in the first three issues.
    On the one hand, the grounding makes sense in the fact they were gone from MU proper for several years. Putting them firmly back in place on Earth was a logical first step.

Previews of the next storyline after the Thing/Hulk fight suggests they'll be going off into space and introducing some new adversaries/allies along the way.

I need help with the first panel of the FF story. Is "Shut Up, Carol!" supposed to be something kids say nowadays or should I be able to guess the movie?

Forgive me, I'm old.

Mighty Member

I just assumed Julie was doing one of those standard breakup routines of watching generic romantic comedies and that the "shut up, Carol" line was just a joke.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I need help with the first panel of the FF story. Is "Shut Up, Carol!" supposed to be something kids say nowadays or should I be able to guess the movie?

Forgive me, I'm old.
    Yeah, I didn't get that either.

I probably get caught up in details but just when the Puppet Master get control of the Hulk is not clear. I don't think the range of his powers have been clearly defined but I thought he would have to be within a reasonable distance of his target. I guess we'll find out the next issue how he got control of the Hulk....or maybe not.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-01-2019 at 11:12 AM.