Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Really liked the art. Sean Izaakse should be the permanent artist for the book.
    The story was fine, I want Ben to have a clear win. The rivalry with Hulk has been too one sided. That’s not a real rivalry and it’s boring when the results are the same. Ben should get an upgrade, he can still be slightly weaker but not to the point where he is no match. Enough of these nostalgia trips that add nothing new.

Either have Ben be stronger and a threat again or don’t bother.

Loved the Future Foundation story, enjoyed the dynamics and looks like it will be a lot of fun.
    I agree

Strength wise Ben needs a serious upgrade for him to even approach being a top teir anymore

Considering he's the teams actual strength guy it's just not good enough nowadays

Upgrade needed

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, I didn't get that either.

I probably get caught up in details but just when did the Puppet Master get control of the Hulk is not clear. I don't think the range of his powers have been clearly defined but I thought he would have to be within a reasonable distance of his target. I guess we'll find out the next issue how he got control of the Hulk....or maybe not.
    Hulk's not exactly a normal being and a radioactive clay may be able to get to him at a greater distance. Personally, I'm more puzzled as to how Masters knew where and when his daughter and son-in-law are honeymooning But if Doom got him the clay, a little intel is certainly possible.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Hulk's not exactly a normal being and a radioactive clay may be able to get to him at a greater distance. Personally, I'm more puzzled as to how Masters knew where and when his daughter and son-in-law are honeymooning But if Doom got him the clay, a little intel is certainly possible.
    I suppose so. That guy that worked at the resort looked like the Puppet Master's source on site. But yeah, he would have to have some kind of help finding out where they were going. I would think that the FF wouldn't bo public about Alicia's whereabouts since even with Ben as her husband, she is still pretty vulnerable.

I liked the Future Foundation story but the art was *meh* to me. And what was going on with Julie's eyes? was that supposed to be mascara streaks from crying? I do like how her life is syncing up with developments in Runaways.

I liked the Future Foundation story but the art was *meh* to me. And what was going on with Julie's eyes? was that supposed to be mascara streaks from crying? I do like how her life is syncing up with developments in Runaways.
    I assumed tear runs were the cause of Julie's make-up.

I need help with the first panel of the FF story. Is "Shut Up, Carol!" supposed to be something kids say nowadays or should I be able to guess the movie?

Forgive me, I'm old.
    Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I just assumed Julie was doing one of those standard breakup routines of watching generic romantic comedies and that the "shut up, Carol" line was just a joke.
    Yeah, I didn't get that either.
    I assumed that she was watching the movie ‘Carol’ - a lesbian romantic drama from 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    So can Sharon change back once a year too?
    That would certainly explain how she appeared in her old Ms Marvel form as a wrestler in an issue of Captain America Sam Wilson!

Though it hasn't been established that she can.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That would certainly explain how she appeared in her old Ms Marvel form as a wrestler in an issue of Captain America Sam Wilson!

Though it hasn't been established that she can.
    There has been speculation that the wrestler wasn’t actually Sharon. I had hoped that was her too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    I assumed that she was watching the movie ‘Carol’ - a lesbian romantic drama from 2015.
    I could see that. Makes sense if she's still dealing with her orientation. Would LGBTQ movies be a way for young people of non-straight orientations be a way help them understand?

I could see that. Makes sense if she's still dealing with her orientation. Would LGBTQ movies be a way for young people of non-straight orientations be a way help them understand?
    Yeah I would think so. Good movies are all about building empathy for the characters.
    I’ve read a lot of articles by people from minority backgrounds who talk about how experiencing media with characters who share their background helps boost their self understanding and helps them feel accepted.
    It doesn’t just benefit non-straight viewers though; Carol the movie helped me understand how hard life was for women, especially gay women, in the 1950s.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I agree

Strength wise Ben needs a serious upgrade for him to even approach being a top teir anymore

Considering he's the teams actual strength guy it's just not good enough nowadays

Upgrade needed
    Wasn't it said in early interviews for this series that Slott was looking to establish Ben a powerhouse again? At least it was rumored.

Certainly the Doom arc showed a Ben that could survive a full sustained blast from Galactus, something he wouldn't be able to do normally. It was even noted by Doom and presumebly why he placed Ben in a trap were he strength was not an issue.

At the time I wondered if Slott was hinting all the FF's powers were getting stronger since Sue's forcefield also withstood Galactus' blast but in hindsight I wonder if the answer is more simple that Slott is trying to say how strong their powers are is a matter of their willpower and nothing will strengthen Ben's will more than saving Alicia from a rampaging Hulk.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    So can Sharon change back once a year too?

Didn't Sharon Ventura turn up in human form in the Sam Wilson Captain America series - the issue with the Unlimited Class Wrestling benefit? It certainly looks like Sharon in her Ms Marvel costume. She has no speaking role, though.

Brevoort said that the wrestler wasn't Sharon on Twitter, but that's no fun. So it's Sharon, back when she wasn't a horrible mistake.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

these two pages fixed the deficit
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

these two pages fixed the deficit
    F*ck him up Benjy!!!

Also, say what you will about Puppetmaster but he has pretty eyes.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    Wasn't it said in early interviews for this series that Slott was looking to establish Ben a powerhouse again? At least it was rumored.

Certainly the Doom arc showed a Ben that could survive a full sustained blast from Galactus, something he wouldn't be able to do normally. It was even noted by Doom and presumebly why he placed Ben in a trap were he strength was not an issue.

At the time I wondered if Slott was hinting all the FF's powers were getting stronger since Sue's forcefield also withstood Galactus' blast but in hindsight I wonder if the answer is more simple that Slott is trying to say how strong their powers are is a matter of their willpower and nothing will strengthen Ben's will more than saving Alicia from a rampaging Hulk.
    I'd be fine with any reason for a good showing