Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Default Anyone remember this?

One of the first animated black superheroes and the first black superhero I ever knew existed (way before Cyborg!)

Since Schoolhouse Rock is owned by Disney, I want to see Marvel attempt a comic series about Verb. I've even come up with some backstory: his civilian identity is radio DJ Morgan Johnson and he tries to join the Avengers but is rejected because he has useless powers. So he forms his own super team full of superpowered outcasts and he eventually gets to join the Avengers.

Only thing is, I don't understand what his superpowers are supposed to be. Of course we know he can fly, apparently has super strength, and in the Grammar Rock PC game, has "verb vision" (heat vision but used to turn nouns into verbs.) I already know he's going to emphasize the verbs in his dialogue.

If Marvel can't do it, we can! Help me make this Verb comic series a reality!!
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

How about this... whenever he speaks a "Power Verb"... any verb... he becomes the best in the world at doing that thing, but only for a limited time and after that he's completely wiped. He has to sleep 8 hours and eat a meal before he can do it again. His verb can only be one word, but if he has his sidekick Adverb with him (the kid in this video), Adverb can say an adverb which can make his power more specific.

Remember that short. Was never my favorite School House Rock segment, but, since I first saw it as a kid in the '90s, the significance of the main character being a black one (for a short being made several decades prior) would've been lost on me at the time.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    How about this... whenever he speaks a "Power Verb"... any verb... he becomes the best in the world at doing that thing, but only for a limited time and after that he's completely wiped. He has to sleep 8 hours and eat a meal before he can do it again. His verb can only be one word, but if he has his sidekick Adverb with him (the kid in this video), Adverb can say an adverb which can make his power more specific.
    That's too complicated, but I like the idea of Adverb as a sidekick being the kid in the video.

Don't forget brown hornet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Don't forget brown hornet.

I know that too.