Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
We're not professional writers who have been tasked by DC with reviving the franchise though. Just because we can't come up with anything, doesn't mean that the franchises are dead. There's no logic in that.
I wish I was.

The idea that the team needs a mission statement is dumb. I only ever hear that crap when it's about the Titans. What's the Birds of Prey's mission statement or the JSA or the Avengers, etc.? The team's reason for being together doesn't really matter but if you have to pick something the Titans have one that is very unique to every other team. They're the sidekicks who grew up as heroes. What other team has that?

On the idea that pitching is difficult I mostly attribute that to my signature from dear Dan. The apathy is strong in comics on the DC side right now. It's hard enough to care about comics anymore let alone fan-favorites. (To me anyway ) It's also hard because the franchise has been in a complete nosedive since 2011 with a disjointed history and terrible stories that were forgotten as they happened. I think the Titans needs at least 3 (preferably all) of the Fab Five Titans in the roster and focusing them on Silver Age related antics would give them a unique area to play in.

I've pitched this idea several times but I love it and want to see it happen. Basically Marvel's Exiles meets Sliders meets Lost in Space. Originally I had this idea before they reintroduced Wally as a way to get him back. He would have to keep hoping dimensions to find his family and accidentally take Dick along for the ride. Just expand this to the rest of the Titans and it could be a very fun exploration book that would be great for guest writers/artists to experiment while expanding a simple but engaging narrative. I keep going with this kinda lost in the multiverse angle because 1) The multiverse is becoming a more mainstream idea which wouldn't be too hard for the general audience to understand. 2) I love road trip stories. 3) It can be canon without messing up the world around them. It's the best way to get Roy and Wally back after the horrible mangling they got.