Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default So, if no Hickman, what should be done with the Titans?

So, I know a lot of us got excited that Hickman said he wanted to write the Titans if he ever came to DC, but since he's under an exclusive deal with Marvel writing X-Men, that's not happening anytime soon. So...what should be done to help save the Titans? What story ideas, team shake-ups, and directions should be implemented?

Here are my ideas

Step 1: Recanonize 100% of the Pre-Flashpoint Titans Canon.

I'm sorry to sound like a broken record on this, but a team without a history is a team without any real promise of a future. Do you know what made House of X so good? Hickman was able to draw on the lore and the history of the X-Men to create a new environment and new status quo for them. So, without that lore that once meant something to the Titans, the franchise is just spinning its wheels.

Step 2: Create a New Status Quo and Give the Team a Mission.

As stated above, Hickman's X-Men is paving the way to an exciting new status quo, but one that is grounded in familiar elements. Do the same for the Titans. Maybe spinning out of Event Leviathan, we see Nightwing come back (finally done with all the Ric business) and he decides to use his resources and those of others to relaunch the team in a new iteration. Give them a mission similar to that of the team on the Young Justice TV show: to safeguard and ensure the development of minor metahumans.

Give the team a semi-large roster, filled with all sorts of characters from the team's past who want to sign on with Dick's new mission. I'm not just talking Cyborg and Starfire and Raven and Beast Boy, but let's see Wildebeest, Pantha, Hawk and Dove, Red Star, Argent, even Phantasm coming out of the woodwork. I'd also like to see Donna, Wally, and Roy coming back.

Give them a new base of operations, like how Hickman is doing for the X-Men or how Bendis did for Superman. Maybe a new Titans Tower, but this time, not in New York or San Francisco or anywhere it was before.

I don't know the details right now, but believe me, I might come up with something and pitch it to DC myself if I have to.

Step 3: Make Sure a Talented Writer Helms It.

Since Hickman can't do it, let's give it to someone who both loves these characters and is a proven writer. Jeff Lemire or Mark Russell or Sam Humphries could be excellent options just off the top of my head. Or heck, even Scott Snyder once he wraps up Justice League. Also, what's Charles Soule up to? If he's not still under exclusive at Marvel, then he could maybe come back to DC and do this.

Step 4: Keep it Out of the Purview of Certain Parts of Editorial.

Hopefully, this could be something kept out of the purview of editors that don't really understand the Titans.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 07-25-2019 at 09:58 PM.