Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Dick, Gar, Rachel, and Kory are the mainstays though.
    And Cyborg. I'm sorry, but the Titans are Vic's home. I think DC's already realizing that him on the League feels a bit forced, which is why they've shunted him off to the JLO with Starfire. And Wally too.

Extraordinary Member

A hell of a lot more clandestine and operating as a family. Give them more grounded threats to face, to juxtapose with the Justice League fighting the Anti Monitor and stopping dimensional collisions. They go after human trafficking and abuses of science. Lean heavy into Dick's time as a quasi James Bond, at Spyral, and the Titans can get involved in espionage and geopolitical conflicts.
    I don't think that the clandestine stuff really fits the Titans.

I mean Beast Boy was and Actor, Starfire a Supermodel, and they allways operated in the open, most of time from a very visible T-shaped Tower and even gave TV interviews.
    And Dick might have been Spy, but he never really liked it. Of all the Batfamily members Dick is probably the one who prefers most to work in open and to inspire people, opposed to do work in the shadows.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There's less broad stroke history to draw upon that way though. Donna's wedding issue is one of the best single issues of the NTT run, and like him or hate him, Terry was part of it.
    If we want to restore Titans history, it's easier to reference Donna's wedding to Terry even if we tweak his character to be less gross. Nobody's gonna get up in arms over changes to Terry Long.
    I guess I just don’t see the point of keeping the name but replacing everything else. You already have to tweak Titans history to account for those changes anyway so why not take the extra step and give the repurposed character a new name while you’re at it?

In no way, shape or form am I suggesting that the character from the 80s should be transplanted to the modern age. I’d just prefer he’s simply outright erased & replaced or (if he must be kept) be something that happened at one point in the past and firmly remain that way.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 07-27-2019 at 02:42 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

I mean Beast Boy was and Actor, Starfire a Supermodel, and they allways operated in the open, most of time from a very visible T-shaped Tower and even gave TV interviews.
    And Dick might have been Spy, but he never really liked it. Of all the Batfamily members Dick is probably the one who prefers most to work in open and to inspire people, opposed to do work in the shadows.
    Having clandestine missions and fighting guys like Deathstroke and counter intelligence jazz doesnt mean that Nightwing can't also do stuff on his own.

I'd drop Beast Boy as an actor. Clearly neither Starfire or Beast Boy have absolutely definitive status quos that cant be changed, but if so- it can be worked around. The T-shaped tower is being used by Damien and the Teen Titans.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-27-2019 at 05:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member

But it just doesn't fit the team imo, and there are already plenty of clandestine teams that are a better fit for this direction.

The Titans (and Young Justice) really fit more the celebrity hero part.

But it just doesn't fit the team imo, and there are already plenty of clandestine teams that are a better fit for this direction.

The Titans (and Young Justice) really fit more the celebrity hero part.
    I don't see that.

I see them as a strong familial unit that all come from troubled backgrounds and want to help people. They're also characters that dont really have a lot to fall back on. You have dozens of celebrity heroes. A team that is known but that operates with cases that other heroes won't notice, fits like a glove.

Plus part of what makes Dick work is the whole desire to operate out of the shadows, but the shadows keep pulling him back in (also the Spyral stuff is just too good to let go of).

They have all their past still, they were once the Teen Titans that operated out of a T tower...but now they're late into their 20s and have changing views and they once again grow into a new team. The Teen Titans will still be around, just as something different.

Young Justice is the JL Jr.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-27-2019 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    And Cyborg. I'm sorry, but the Titans are Vic's home. I think DC's already realizing that him on the League feels a bit forced, which is why they've shunted him off to the JLO with Starfire. And Wally too.
    Wally 100%, and if they arent going to use Cyborg on the actual JL (which is dumb as hell, he's great)- I'd take him too.

Extraordinary Member

You have dozens of celebrity heroes.
    And also plenty of clandestine teams.

On top of that DC has hardly even managed to stick to clandestine mission statement on the long run, most of the time the teams start to do more regular story arcs after a few arcs. Only really big exception I can think of is the Suicide Squad, but they simply don#t work as regular team.

And also plenty of clandestine teams.

On top of that DC has hardly even managed to stick to clandestine mission statement on the long run, most of the time the teams start to do more regular story arcs after a few arcs. Only really big exception I can think of is the Suicide Squad, but they simply don#t work as regular team.
    Nightwing doesn't really work as a celebrity hero. He would like to be more like Superman, but he is Batman's son. Raven wouldn't want to be. Starfire can have an instagram presence and still operate as the muscle of the Titans team. Beast Boy can be a failed actor turned animal rights activist, realizing that was his calling all along.

Suicide Squad is a totally different kind of thing than what I'm talking about. The Titans would not be killers.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-27-2019 at 05:01 PM.

I had an idea for Nightwing that would work for the Titans too. Superhero relations are bad after HiC, so Nightwing is approached to do a superhero reality show that follows them around. The comic would be like we were watching an episode. Instead of thought boxes we'd have confessionals and things like that.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-27-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I had an idea for Nightwing that would work for the Titans too. Superhero relations are bad after HiC, so Nightwing is approached to do a superhero reality show that follows them around. The comic would be like were watching an episode. Instead of thought boxes we'd have confessionals and things like that.
    Honestly I love this idea, applied to the TEEN Titans though.

You can have a major gag where everytime the camera tries to pan to Robin (Damien) it just gets knocked off and cuts out. Nobody is allowed to mention he's even there and running the team. Sometimes Crush will mention him and it'll just cut off.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-27-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

Clandestine stuff works depending on who's on the current roster.A lot of Titans members have either done sketchy stuff or have ties to really sketchy people. I actually think that a clandestine Titans team would work and should exist.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I guess I just don’t see the point of keeping the name but replacing everything else. You already have to tweak Titans history to account for those changes anyway so why not take the extra step and give the repurposed character a new name while you’re at it?

In no way, shape or form am I suggesting that the character from the 80s should be transplanted to the modern age. I’d just prefer he’s simply outright erased & replaced or (if he must be kept) be something that happened at one point in the past and firmly remain that way.
    That'd be my preferred option. His existence and their marriage is canon again, but so is their death.

But if the desire was to keep an extended civilian cast for Donna and to get regular use out of Terry, why not change him? Is there a whole lot to his character besides being Wolfman's weird self insert, studying history and having a daughter from a previous relationship, and being a source of normalcy for Donna? if all those things save the first are kept and he's just de-aged a bit and his personality updated for the times (as all the characters would be), maybe even calling him "Terra-in-name-only" is unnecessary. And it would let you still keep Donna's wedding issue. The Titans continuity is such a mess now anyway I don't think this will be the straw the breaks the camel's back for people.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    But if the desire was to keep an extended civilian cast for Donna and to get regular use out of Terry, why not change him?
    Im not sure why somebody would have such a thing

As you pointed out, it’s not like there’s much there to work with. The most unique thing about him is he studied art.

Yeah, the only thing I cared about regarding Terry was the wedding. There was a lot of nice moments there with Donna and some of her friends back when Donna felt in character compared to the version we are stuck with now, but I don't know if that one issue is worth keeping Terry around in canon. With him and Donna's kids there has been zero interest in the community in wanting to bring them back when you compare them to Wally's family and how desperate people are to bring them back (I'm mostly indifferent to them) or Roy's kid. I don't really think it is worth salvaging Donna's family stuff when it was mostly uninteresting.