Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What do you think of the Dawn of X, X-Men line-up?

X-MEN #1
    Written by Jonathan Hickman
    Penciled by Leinil Francis Yu
    Cover by Leinil Francis Yu
    A NEW ERA DAWNS FOR THE X-MEN!
    The X-Men find themselves in a whole new world of possibility… and things have never been better! Jonathan Hickman (HOUSE OF X, POWERS OF X, SECRET WARS) and superstar artist Leinil Yu (NEW AVENGERS, CAPTAIN AMERICA) reveal the saga of Cyclops and his hand-picked squad of mutant powerhouses!

Members: Cyclops, Havok, Vulcan, Kid Cable (he is on 2 teams now!!), Corsair, Jean, Rachel (whatever codename she is using currently) and Wolverine

It seem to be almost only family here. I think I like that.

I like the idea of the 3 Summers brothers and their daddy in one team, though I really loved Vulcan is a villain. I doubt he will be more interesting as a hero. Bro and Sis Rachel and Nate is also cool to have on one squad.

And it looks like the moon is their new base??? OMG the rumors of 2 years ago might be true in the end.
    Last edited by Jesse-James; 07-26-2019 at 12:33 AM.

There’s no doubt that the Summers family will play a big role but this is the more accurate representation of Hickman’s giant X-Team:

Spectacular Member

I think it's just a cover, and maybe directly relevant to the issue's content (maybe not) but it isn't the X-Men title's line-up.

At the Marvel's Next Big Thing panel at Comic-Con last week they showed the line-ups for all the first wave titles, and they're reflected on the covers of their first issues, except for X-Men.

They said X-Men would be a rotating cast, including all of these mutants.IMG_3878.jpg.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    X-MEN #1
    Members: Cyclops, Havok, Vulcan, Kid Cable (he is on 2 teams now!!), Corsair, Jean, Rachel (whatever codename she is using currently) and Wolverine
    Prestige.

I like the idea of the 3 Summers brothers and their daddy in one team, though I really loved Vulcan is a villain. I doubt he will be more interesting as a hero. Bro and Sis Rachel and Nate is also cool to have on one squad.

And it looks like the moon is their new base??? OMG the rumors of 2 years ago might be true in the end.
    It's rotating cast.

Corsair taking the new mutants with him in space. He's not gonna last an issue of X-men.

When I first saw it announced I got really dissapointed. Summers family book is not interesting for me and I don`t like it as flagship. I like Cyke and Jean but flagship X-Men shouldn`t be a Summers family book.

Cyke was great in HOX and the whole HOX was great so I will try it, probably.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 07-26-2019 at 04:09 AM.

Astonishing Member

yay team
    boo cover (logan)
    Last edited by steve2275; 07-26-2019 at 04:04 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

I'm glad the characters in the cover aren't the actual team, because that would be one boring book.
    I do have to wonder why they chose to showcase everyone from the Summers family on the cover of a first issue that could use a more exciting line-up.
    I'm hoping the variants don't disappoint as much.

BANNED

I'm so glad Hope Summers is in the mix. I am ready for Jean to show substantial affection to Hope and give Rachel even MORE mommy issues to cry about.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I'm not huge on Corsair or Vulcan (don't hate them though) but i like the rest of the cast. I hope Hickman does something now that they will finally be on the same team and that probably won't happen on a long time again after him.

I like it. I think it makes sense this team will probabky be the military team for the Krakoa, dealing with all of the fallout from the rest of the books so it makes sense to me. Also makes the whole rotating cast thing make sense to depending on what the mission is.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

There's more that aren't pictured. I believe Neal Shaara/Thunderbird is back but I think he will get some Hindu or South Asian name.

All-New Member

It should just be a Summer/Grey familly book since they are the most important family. The book should be about how they extend their influence of the mutant and Krakoa and how they will replace Xavier.

I do not care about the extended Summers family one bit. I love the A-Listers (Cyke, Jean, Logan) and I used to really like Rachel but these secret brother and alternate reality child shenanigans are so tedious to me.

I think thankfully that is not the actual lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    There's more that aren't pictured. I believe Neal Shaara/Thunderbird is back but I think he will get some Hindu or South Asian name.
    Is Asura free?