23 40.35%
  • I'm undecided!

18 31.58%

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

[QUOTE=DochaDocha;4491639]
    Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Oh I agree he should be referenced,but not as the main villian. All but two of the six Superman feature films (Superman III and BvS)/QUOTE]

Guessing you mean MoS here?
    Yep. Sorry. Got abreviations confused there.

It's really kind of embarrassing that really it's more or less been either an alternation between Lex and Zod or in the case of Superman III and IV ,knock offs or similar of Lex (Ross Webster) and Zod (Nuclear Man).

Heck now that I think about it, Doomsday in BvS ticks off a whole host of boxes. He's the corpse of Zod mutated and reanimated by Lex and spliced with his own DNA created expressly to kill Superman,sort of like Nuclear Man. He's basically all the Salkind era villains rolled into one!

Now I love Lex. He's my favorite Superman villain,but whatever form the next Superman movie takes ,Lex needs to take a back seat for a bit. If it's a soft reboot using the DCEU continuity, just go with the idea Lex is out there somewhere as a fugitive (because that's where he's at in Justice League) just make a reference to him somewhere and leave it at that. If it's a new continuity, do what MOS did. Mention Lexcorp, mention that he exists,but don't really deal with him. Build him up slowly as a presence, maybe show him in the second film, then in film three or four then fully reintroduce Lex and make him a real threat.

But first movie out?

Give us Brainiac. Give us Metallo. Give us Parasite. Hell give us Toyman or Prankster. Anyone but Lex or Zod or a variation of either.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 08-02-2019 at 09:34 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.