• I like it!

16 28.07%
  • I don't like it!

23 40.35%
  • I'm undecided!

18 31.58%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Variety confirms WB has been talking to JJ Abrams about doing Superman: https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety...203415757/amp/
    Sounds like Michael B Jordan is still a possibility. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    The article doesn’t rule him out but the talks with him were earlier this year, and they’ve since moved on to Abrams. Looks like they’re back to the pre-Snyder status quo where they’re taking a bunch of pitches. If Abrams takes over the project I expect like Reeves he will get total control over casting and the script.

Cavill's interview statements make more sense now. He probably knows they are moving in a different direction with Abrams and he's out, so is trying to get some sort of public pressure to keep him on.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Cavill's interview statements make more sense now. He probably knows they are moving in a different direction with Abrams and he's out, so is trying to get some sort of public pressure to keep him on.
    Probably hoping if Witcher is a big critical and commercial success WB will give him a call. Unfortunately he’s probably going to get the Routh treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I guess optimistically, I'd say they need to create buzz for a future Superman project, and what easier way to create buzz than that specific type of stunt casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Probably hoping if Witcher is a big critical and commercial success WB will give him a call. Unfortunately he’s probably going to get the Routh treatment.
    Success as a brooding violent monster hunter probably isn't going to be all that helpful either. Assuming it is successful, with Netflix kinda becoming the "old" streaming service and all the buzz going to Disney+ and HBO Max.

Id much rather have him play John Henry Iron's AKA Steel than Superman. Calvin, Val Zod or even Tangent Superman should be saved for later stories to help explore the much larger Multiverse. After the main universe version has been fixed and properly developed with good representation.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I guess optimistically, I'd say they need to create buzz for a future Superman project, and what easier way to create buzz than that specific type of stunt casting.
    Wouldn’t get too excited yet. Doesn’t look like Jordan has got the job and they’ve since started courting Abrams. Wouldn’t be the first time WB has done this though, they wanted Will Smith to be Superman way back when.

Edit: A couple insiders have been tweeting and they’ve said final casting choice will rest with the director.

Quote Originally Posted by Dralokonda View Post
    Id much rather have him play John Henry Iron's AKA Steel than Superman. Calvin, Val Zod or even Tangent Superman should be saved for later stories to help explore the much larger Multiverse. After the main universe version has been fixed and properly developed with good representation.
    Why? Because he is black? There is no physiological reason Kryptonians have to have pale skin that I am aware of. Just because they have been traditionally depicted as having pale skin doesn't mean Kryptonians can't have dark skin.
    There was a dark skinned Vulcan played by Tim Russ on Star Trek: Voyager and more recently Tim Russ played a Kryptonian living on Argo City in TV's Supergirl. Also the Krypton TV series had several dark skinned Kryptonians. Plus we
    have already had a Superman played by an actor who is part Asian. (Dean Tanaka aka Dean Cain). So really an actor of any ethnicity could be Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Plus we
    have already had a Superman played by an actor who is part Asian. (Dean Tanaka aka Dean Cain). So really an actor of any ethnicity could be Superman.
    I've commented a lot on this in the past, and won't retread a lot of that, but Cain also is part Caucasian, and he can pass as the kid of two white people (just as the character on the show did, assuming they didn't say Clark was adopted). I'm Asian, and I was a little surprised to find out he's not fully Caucasian.

If Cain looked more Asian than Caucasian, or at least couldn't reasonably pass as Caucasian, he wouldn't have been cast. Hollywood has a long bias against Asian male actors (and probably is the reason why he doesn't go by Dean Tanaka).

I think JJ would be a good fit because he usually understands what the fans love about a franchise and builds upon it. He doesn’t try to reinvent the wheel. I think JJ’s approach would be perfect for Superman because, as we’ve seen over the years, WB doesn’t really get Superman. They keep trying to make him dark and basically more like Batman. They don’t understand that a hero helping because it’s the right thing to do is appealing. Look at what Disney/Marvel has done with Captain America!

We saw some classic elements of Superman shine through in Justice League. But they were overshadowed by upper lip-gate.

Some people seem to think that even if Abrams doesn’t direct, he will probably still produce it. So he’ll probably have some degree of involvement even if he passes on directing.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think JJ would be a good fit because he usually understands what the fans love about a franchise and builds upon it. He doesn’t try to reinvent the wheel. I think JJ’s approach would be perfect for Superman because, as we’ve seen over the years, WB doesn’t really get Superman. They keep trying to make him dark and basically more like Batman. They don’t understand that a hero helping because it’s the right thing to do is appealing. Look at what Disney/Marvel has done with Captain America!

We saw some classic elements of Superman shine through in Justice League. But they were overshadowed by upper lip-gate.
    Those weren't "classic" elements. Even if the lips were fixed it wouldn't change a thing. They made him shell of a superman. No essence whatsoever.i don't want to see that kind "fake goodness" again. Captain america didn't feel that way. Especially, in winter soldier.Best MCU movie for me.
    More like batman, you say. It's the reverse. Superman was the vigilante guardian of the oppressed, remember that. He had been in plenty of dark stories.

Maybe. I usually like JJs stuff for all the wrong reasons. His Star Trek movies where very fun Star Wars movies. His Star Wars movie was a fun retelling of a new hope. Maybe he get it; but I really like to like a Superman movie for all the right reasons. And do not want a reboot or worse a retelling of Donners Superman (its great as it is).

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Maybe. I usually like JJs stuff for all the wrong reasons. His Star Trek movies where very fun Star Wars movies. His Star Wars movie was a fun retelling of a new hope. Maybe he get it; but I really like to like a Superman movie for all the right reasons. And do not want a reboot or worse a retelling of Donners Superman (its great as it is).
    I'd like to see them reach way back in the archives and bring back the George Reeves version of Superman. Confident and a little cocky with that knowing smirk at all the antics of the foolish humans. And his Clark was nobody's fool.
    He was as good a journalist as he was a superhero. Donner's Superman was a little too naive and trusting and Cavil's Superman was too broken. Let Superman know who he is and like who he is.