57. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it!

16 28.07%
  • I don't like it!

23 40.35%
  • I'm undecided!

18 31.58%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

But man I’m tired of rehashing this argument with Z. Enjoy your two movies. If Abrams gets the job and it reviews well I’ll go see it, Abrams sweeping everything Snyder did with Superman under the rug would just be a bonus.
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-19-2019 at 09:48 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    But man I’m tired of rehashing this argument with Z. Enjoy your two movies. If Abrams gets the job and it reviews well I’ll go see it, Abrams sweeping everything Snyder did with Superman under the rug would just be a bonus.
    Cant sweep Henry Cavill under the rug, that's unacceptable.

I mean, you were the one who brought Snyder up in the first place.

Still, and I do say this with sincerity, hope you get a Superman movie you can enjoy.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-20-2019 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    Cant sweep Henry Cavill under the rug, that's unacceptable.
    Well The Witcher doesn’t seem to be reviewing very well, looks like that’s a wrap for anyone hoping for Cavill’s return.

Retired

I wonder if WB had held off on their production deal with Bad Robot until after they saw the results for Abrams' latest Star War, would they have offered less money, more, about the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I wonder if WB had held off on their production deal with Bad Robot until after they saw the results for Abrams' latest Star War, would they have offered less money, more, about the same?
    If they hadn’t signed him he’d be working for Apple. Honestly Abrams will be ok, look how many chances Snyder got and he never had the success Abrams has had. I don’t expect Rise looking to be a disappointment to hurt him in the long run. Even Spielberg and Nolan don’t always meet expectations.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Well The Witcher doesn’t seem to be reviewing very well, looks like that’s a wrap for anyone hoping for Cavill’s return.
    Final score seems to be 60% on RT. Which isn't great, but I think that's fine for the first season of a genre show that hopefully is just finding its footing and steadily improves. Better in some ways than the alternative of a show getting worse and worse (GoT).
    But yeah, Cavill's return is not happening now. Of course at this point everyone, including him, might be better off.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Final score seems to be 60% on RT. Which isn't great, but I think that's fine for the first season of a genre show that hopefully is just finding its footing and steadily improves. Better in some ways than the alternative of a show getting worse and worse (GoT).
    But yeah, Cavill's return is not happening now. Of course at this point everyone, including him, might be better off.
    Hopefully it will improve with later seasons, they do seem to be planning to fix Nilfgaard’s armor since they got a new costume designer iirc, but we’ll see.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

If they hadn’t signed him he’d be working for Apple. Honestly Abrams will be ok, look how many chances Snyder got and he never had the success Abrams has had. I don’t expect Rise looking to be a disappointment to hurt him in the long run. Even Spielberg and Nolan don’t always meet expectations.
    I doubt that. Apple's offer was double what WB signed Abrams and Bad Robot for. $1 billion dollars. However, Apple was expecting Abrams to create a plurality of ORIGINAL shows. Exclusive content for their streaming service. Unsurprisingly, JJ, king of remakes, turned Apple down. He can camp out at WB with GL, Supes and other IPs WB has access to. It's amusing to see CNN/HLN run news stories calling Rise of Skywalker bad fanfiction in terms of writing and story. JJ exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    With Rise of Skywalker becoming the new punching bag of the hour. A number of reviews and even a segment on HLN have criticized ROS as bad fanfiction. The kind you would expect from a middle or high schooler, but this is coming from a the biggest movie studio on the planet. Plus, the reuse of previous movie ideas, redone for the new movie. And the return of the criticism of the movie being "a video game that you can't play".
    Revisit JJ's movies and his limitations become all the more apparent.

Mission Impossible 3 - Mystery Box the movie with loud action and style to distract you from thinking.

Star Trek 2009 - Wrath of Khan again.

Super 8 - Close Encounters + E.T. love letter

Star Trek Into Darkness - Wrath of Khan again and again.

Star Wars The Force Awakens - A New Hope + Empire Strikes Back elements, because of course.

Star Wars Rise of Skywalker - Return of the Jedi. Did we expect something different?

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. How much Disney broke the bank on this movie and how much they stand to lose.

I already voted against JJ doing Superman. We already have Superman Returns. We don't need another Donner Remake with a series half-baked mysteries (which JJ admits he doesn't know the answers to when he creates them) included, and break neck pace of references and callbacks shoved in. Because JJ has to fill his movies with as many shot for shot, line for line scenes as possible to distract the audience from the truth. He's added nothing knew and contributed nothing.

The Force Awakens, Rise of Skywalker and Into Darkness being the worst offenders of this trend so far. Watch and rewatch those movies back to back and you'll see what I mean.

This, 100%. I criticize the Snyder movies a lot but I respect them for taking risks even if I don’t think they paid off. I’d take that over playing it safe and getting a soulless derivative product like Superman returns or the JJ Abrams Star Wars films.
    I voted undecided but if I could change it to dislike, I would.
    Honestly I’d rather have Rian Johnson take a swing at it. Especially after watching Rise of Skywalker.