Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

The Spectacular Spider-Man.

Spectacular is currently my favorite series, but I grew up with the 94 series so of course there is a TON of nostalgia there. I actually enjoyed Ultimate, but unlike the other two, I didn't keep up with it. MTV Spider-Man was pretty good too and I wished it got more than one season.

Movies.....eh....I generally like them all, with Into the Spider-Verse being my favorite and the Andrew Garfield/Tom Holland versions being tied for second.

Movies-
    1) Spider-Man Homecoming
    2) Spider-Man 2
    3) Spider-Man Far From Home
    4) Spider-Man
    5) The Amazing Spider-man
    6)Spider-Man 3
    7) The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    8) Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse- The miles part of the movie was great, a great origin story for his version of Spider-man and excellent representation of the character- I am happy that the fans of miles got a great representation on screen. But it ranks last for me because I detest the version of Peter in the film- an aging out of shape Peter who willingly divorced MJ because he didn't want kids made no sense to me and wasn't something I wanted to see on screen. Great for Miles fans but as a Peter fan him essentially being a running joke throughout the film was his worst showing in my opinion.

Games
    1) Spider-man PS4
    2) Spider Man 2
    3) Spider-Man
    4) Spider-Man PS1
    5) Web of Shadows
    6) Shattered dimensions
    7) Ultimate Spider-man
    8) Spider-Man Edge of time

Cartoons
    1) Spectacular Spider-Man
    2)94 Spider-Man series
    3)67 Spider-Man series
    4) Spider-man (MTV)
    5)Spider-Man and his amazing friends
    Last edited by regg215; 08-02-2019 at 08:41 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    Movies-
    1) Spider-Man Homecoming
    2) Spider-Man 2
    3) Spider-Man Far From Home
    4) Spider-Man
    5) The Amazing Spider-man
    6)Spider-Man 3
    7) The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    8) Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse- The miles part of the movie was great, a great origin story for his version of Spider-man and excellent representation of the character- I am happy that the fans of miles got a great representation on screen. But it ranks last for me because I detest the version of Peter in the film- an aging out of shape Peter who willingly divorced MJ because he didn't want kids made no sense to me and wasn't something I wanted to see on screen. Great for Miles fans but as a Peter fan him essentially being a running joke throughout the film was his worst showing in my opinion.

Games
    1) Spider-man PS4
    2) Spider Man 2
    3) Spider-Man
    4) Spider-Man PS1
    5) Web of Shadows
    6) Shattered dimensions
    7) Ultimate Spider-man
    8) Spider-Man Edge of time

Cartoons
    1) Spectacular Spider-Man
    2)94 Spider-Man series
    3)67 Spider-Man series
    4) Spider-man (MTV)
    5)Spider-Man and his amazing friends
    I don't see how the version of Peter was a running joke or a bad characterization in ITSV (especially below SM3 and ASM2? Come on, man). That version of Peter had a complete arc. Not an ideal one, we would have loved to see the Ultimate version of Peter mentor and train Miles, but that wasn't the point: they both inspired each other and helped each other become better Spider-Men and heroes. So how that came from a "worst showing" doesn't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I don't see how the version of Peter was a running joke or a bad characterization in ITSV (especially below SM3 and ASM2? Come on, man). That version of Peter had a complete arc. Not an ideal one, we would have loved to see the Ultimate version of Peter mentor and train Miles, but that wasn't the point: they both inspired each other and helped each other become better Spider-Men and heroes. So how that came from a "worst showing" doesn't make sense to me.
    I think the reason into the spiderverse is last for me is that it is the only movie where I actively disliked the version of Peter we got. The miles and gwen stuff was good and even noir, spider-ham and Penny were done well but the Peter we got just annoyed me to no end. Peter absolutely does not need to be perfect or idealized in the film, it was clearly Miles's movie so it makes sense that he got the majority of the cool moments in the movie and that is completely fine. But the washed up, fat, demoralized, reluctant mentor version of Peter that we got just annoyed me. That he was dedicated enough to being Spider-man that he literally divorces MJ but then cares so little about it that he gets out of shape and doesn't seem to care that much about it made no sense. Into the spiderverse is certainly a better movie than ASM 2 or Spider-man 3 ( especially the amazingly cool animation) but my problem with those movies was essentially really poorly cast and written villains ( especially in ASM 2- electro and goblin boy were awful). But I think both of those movies did ok by Peter in my opinion. Not at all saying those films did perfectly by him but I felt they did a better job than spiderverse did with Peter.
    Last edited by regg215; 08-03-2019 at 11:38 AM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Besides, Peter B. Parker is not the only Peter and definitely not intended to be "Prime Peter". The Peter of Miles' universe is just as much Peter as he, and he's shown as kept together and capable.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    4. The Amazing Spider-Man movies

9. MCU Spider-Man
    It makes me happy to see another person who likes the Amazing movies more than the MCU ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    Movies.....eh....I generally like them all, with Into the Spider-Verse being my favorite and the Andrew Garfield/Tom Holland versions being tied for second.
    Or likes them this much.

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse- it ranks last for me because I detest the version of Peter in the film- an aging out of shape Peter who willingly divorced MJ because he didn't want kids made no sense to me and wasn't something I wanted to see on screen.
    Could be an ideal representation of Peter as a man child writers refuse to keep attached to MJ. An at least we got a good Spider-Man who had a good marriage to MJ for two scenes.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Takes on the character:

1. Spider-Man & his Amazing Friends
    2. The 1981 show (a.k.a. Spider-Man 5000)
    3. Neversoft game and its sequels
    4. Treyarch's movie trilogy games (and their spin-offs)
    5. MTV Spider-Man
    6. Ultimate Spider-Man (the video game)
    7. Spectacular Spider-Man animated
    8. Marvel's Spider-Man (Insomniac)
    9. The animated Spider-Men film (both Pine and Peter B. Parker)

Takes on story and mythos

1. Neversoft games and sequel by Vicarious Visions
    2. Spectacular Spider-Man animated
    3. Treyarch's Movie tie-ins and their spin-offs
    4. Marvel's Spider-Man (Insomniac game)
    5. Ultimate Spider-Man (the game)
    6. 80s cartoons and MTV one
    7. Spider-Men (the animated movie)
    8. Non-MCU movies
    I find it interesting how you've separated your favorite adaptation of Peter/Spider-Man himself as a character, and then the rest of the world surrounding him. What made you decide to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Besides, Peter B. Parker is not the only Peter and definitely not intended to be "Prime Peter". The Peter of Miles' universe is just as much Peter as he, and he's shown as kept together and capable.
    And he was designed to be more of the "Prime Peter" versus Peter B. Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I find it interesting how you've separated your favorite adaptation of Peter/Spider-Man himself as a character, and then the rest of the world surrounding him. What made you decide to do that?
    That's how I see it, some worlds got Peter better than other adaptions, while other adaptions are stronger in representing other things.

I've been thinking about this for years, between Peter being a jerk to Liz in Spectacular and how Robbie was adapted in Spectacular and in shows prior, among other adaptions. It got me thinking about how none of these adaptions got the best of both worlds.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

1 The Raimi Spider-man trilogy
    2 Spider-man 1994
    3 Into the Spider-verse
    4 Spider-man the new animated series from 2003
    5 Spider-man shattered dimensions
    6 Spider-man 3d games from 2000-2001
    7 Spectacular Spider-man