Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sкєʟʟує View Post
    A story set in the future =/= a time travel story.
    It does if Adult Franklin is involved. The man can't help but jump through the time stream.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Thankfully we're getting either HOX or POX every week, I don't think I could bear to wait any longer than that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Thankfully we're getting either HOX or POX every week, I don't think I could bear to wait any longer than that.
    Right? Kinda reminds me of Dissembled when they released 1 issue a week for 10 weeks, except you know the story is actually GOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    This is totally true!

Where's the lie? We haven't been shown a time travel story yet. The only reason to assume it would be to take covers as literal, which makes zero sense, covers are notoriously unreliable as indicators of the story's content.

Hickman said Powers of X is like the film Powers of Ten, zooming in and zooming out on the world at a micro and macro scale, and that would make sense here as a term of scale of time.

What if instead of zooming in and out, Powers of X goes forward and backward in time, since he's described the series as about the history of Mutants/X-Men in the Marvel Universe.

I think it's simpler than time travel, or any of the other theories, we're just getting Hickman's Days of Future Past/Here Comes Tomorrow, in a way.
    Good catch, and note that the first caption says X^1, just like the powers of ten in the film.

Also, Red Kurt’s man bag is a seed satchel.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Right? Kinda reminds me of Dissembled when they released 1 issue a week for 10 weeks, except you know the story is actually GOOD.
    That's what makes me happy too. Every week we get a piece of the story.

I love the amount of conversation that HoX/PoX and DoX is causing. It's like suddenly everyone is excited about the X-Men again, and even with the people who dislike the new direction, we are still having lots of discussion and debate.

Look how many threads have erupted on this forum and then you have the single character threads of many characters are all really active too.

The Red Dragon

I kinda dont care about another dystopian future or more new characters. I wish it would just continue in the present.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I kinda dont care about another dystopian future or more new characters. I wish it would just continue in the present.
    I'm sure Hickman is doing this for a reason, though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I'm sure Hickman is doing this for a reason, though.
    Yeah it all one big story. The two books compliment each other, Hickman said that as the story goes further the two books are gonna become more intertwined until they eventually smash together.

Spectacular Member

From the solicit for Powers of X released as early as April 18th:

"FEAR THE FUTURE
    Intertwining with HOUSE OF X, POWERS OF X reveals the secret past, present and future of mutantkind, changing the way you look at every X-Men story before and after. You do not want to miss the next seminal moment in the history of the X-Men!"

They've told us this story goes into the future literally from the beginning.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

it would seem all the mutants living on krakoa DNA will eventually be harvested to create new mutants. I'm not seeing this as a time travel story where anyone from the future goes back to the past. at least not yet.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it would seem all the mutants living on krakoa DNA will eventually be harvested to create new mutants. I'm not seeing this as a time travel story where anyone from the future goes back to the past. at least not yet.
    I don't think it's a time travel story either. IT could be that someone is seeing the orcale and the oracle (Destiny) is giving 100 years of mutant history. Or we are seeing the possible future. Telling a story of the future is not the same as time travel.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

There's no time travel involved, Powers of X will apparentely only alternate between the present and the future that will unfold, should the actions of Xavier, Sinister and possibly Moira keep going without anything preventing the bad outcomes.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't think it's a time travel story either. IT could be that someone is seeing the orcale and the oracle (Destiny) is giving 100 years of mutant history. Or we are seeing the possible future. Telling a story of the future is not the same as time travel.
    oh the Oracle idea is a good one. yea I could definitely see that as well.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    There's no time travel involved, Powers of X will apparentely only alternate between the present and the future that will unfold, should the actions of Xavier, Sinister and possibly Moira keep going without anything preventing the bad outcomes.
    It's also suggested we'll see the past of mutantkind. And Sinister is always tied in with that as Carey, Nicieza and Milligan have shown. Maybe we'll get some further development on Alamogordo.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    OOH, that gives me a thought, I wonder if Mystique is totally on board with Krakoa because it gives her Destiny back. Perhaps a younger Destiny too.