Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

We'll find out in 5 days
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Is it a name or a Catholic rank Church title? He's not called a priest anymore, but is now a Cardinal.
    She calls him priest a few times after.

Mighty Member

Is it a name of a rank? He's not called a priest anymore, but is now a Cardinal.
    He's called priest and Cardinal in the preview, so I guess priest is his rank and Cardinal is his codename.

Although a red guy being called Cardinal is appropriate considering catholic cardinals do wear red as their primary color.

Spectacular Member

Is it his name or a Catholic Church title? He's not called a priest anymore, but is now a Cardinal.

That may not be his literal name, so much as a Catholic title.
    He's called priest still twice, like it's a title role, and Cardinal once, capitalized. I think it's his name.

Astonishing Member

Interesting. They've definitely changed up the dialogue from the earlier preview the bit about "the road to Krakoa" has changed to planting some black seed of Krakoa most likely a gateway to one of the off the grid portions of Krakoa.

There was a dream. Our dreams are the same, while you slept the world changed.
    Man I love Hickman's phrases lol eternally quotable.
    Last edited by loke13; 07-26-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Yes, red guy name is given but also entire speech bubbles have been changed.
    Whoa, good catch. Page 3 specifically has completely different dialogues
    The first one is from the preview book, the second from today:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Whoa, good catch. Page 3 specifically has completely different dialogues
    The first one is from the preview book, the second from today:

Yep definitely some significant changes interesting that Rasputin says Cardinal was bred to be a coward.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yep definitely some significant changes interesting that Rasputin says Cardinal was bred to be a coward.
    Looks like marvel is already reacting to the positive response. one the other it made it sound as though karoka was now an idea or heaven" meet you on the road to karoka" rather than karoka still existed.

Also it made it sound like the woman was implanted with a black seed to be an special brand of telepath rather than Cardinal planting a seed as a telportation escape to Karoka.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Looks like marvel is already reacting to the positive response. one the other it made it sound as though karoka was now an idea or heaven" meet you on the road to karoka" rather than karoka still existed.

Also it made it sound like the woman was implanted with a black seed to be an special brand of telepath rather than Cardinal planting a seed as a telportation escape to Karoka.
    Oh good catch! It also kinda makes me worried that Marvel didn't have enough faith that people would like the idea of Krakoa

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Oh good catch! It also kinda makes me worried that Marvel didn't have enough faith that people would like the idea of Krakoa
    I think most of this is planned. From the lies in interviews, the redacted stuff in the sketches, to the obviously trying to be hiding stuff in the directors cut.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I think most of this is planned. From the lies in interviews, the redacted stuff in the sketches, to the obviously trying to be hiding stuff in the directors cut.
    Oh yeah I definitely believe there's a fair amount of misdirection going on.

They may lie as much as they want as long as books will have HOX level of quality.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    They may lie as much as they want as long as books will have HOX level of quality.
    Yeah I'm all for keeping us on are toes to serve the plot.

Just going to post this here too because i'm super convinced.

Looking at the preview of Powers of X i don't think any of the character in Powers of X are new characters i think they are mutants that have merged either permanently or temporarily. On the page that speaks of omega mutants it said that the potential exists for mutant collective to be more powerful than even omega. Perhaps some mutants merge and give themselves new names when they are one. It would also connect to what their creed is. "One People. One Tribe. One Family." So in a sense the ultimate form of intimacy for them would be becoming one. That would also make sense with Powers of X. If you have one mutant you have this, if you combine 2 mutants you get that, combine 3 and so on.
    So who's gonna teach them how to do the fusion dance Goku or Piccolo?

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Just going to post this here too because i'm super convinced.

Looking at the preview of Powers of X i don't think any of the character in Powers of X are new characters i think they are mutants that have merged either permanently or temporarily. On the page that speaks of omega mutants it said that the potential exists for mutant collective to be more powerful than even omega. Perhaps some mutants merge and give themselves new names when they are one. It would also connect to what their creed is. "One People. One Tribe. One Family." So in a sense the ultimate form of intimacy for them would be becoming one. That would also make sense with Powers of X. If you have one mutant you have this, if you combine 2 mutants you get that, combine 3 and so on.
    Ding Ding Ding. Its rings TRUE