Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Quick Question

spoilers:
    Someone with the name "Bain" gives Rasputin force field powers I can't think who that is reference to in the X-men world. She gets Telepathy (??) from Quire, Metamorphosis from Rasputin,Intangibility from Kitty Pryde, and Healing from Laura Kinney. She has a crazy defensive set up
    end of spoilers
    Unus the untouchable?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Unus the untouchable?
    Aha! https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Gunther_Bain_(Earth-616)

Well that makes sense now I should have just look up It was short shortlist I had in my head Unus,Celia, Unuscione. I would have found it out on my first try.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    My local comic shop opens at 7am. 2 MORE HOURS!!!! I don't think I've ever been this excited for any comic book.
    Yes! I love how much new X books brings excitment!

Well spoilers:
    with Colossus, Kitty and Unus's powers she's damn near untouchable. She's even got TP
    end of spoilers.

spoilers:
    The X0 section was pretty odd and didn't really give any answers.
    X1 directly continues the story from HoX#1. I guess the title to this section "The World" is not to be taken literally as the Weapon Plus base, as it's clearly just Krakoa.
    X2 the most interesting thing was the strange demeanour of Nimrod. I assume that's actual Logan at the end, and possibly actual Zorn, but Greeneto could be a Sinister Chimera designed for leadership or something.
    X3 mostly reveals that Xavier had something to do with Nimrod's actions in X2. Could Nimrod be a mental imprint somehow of Moira?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Frobisher; 07-31-2019 at 03:10 AM.

BANNED

To be honest I was initially under the impression that Cylobel was No-Girl with a new codename and a new (read: actually has one) body. Powers of X #1 has made it abundantly clear this is not the case, Cylobel is evidently a new character. Yet No-Girl was shown at SDCC as one of the mutants who would be appearing in this story. Curiouser and curiouser, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Well spoilers:
    with Colossus, Kitty and Unus's powers she's damn near untouchable. She's even got TP
    end of spoilers.
    spoilers:
    Even if you do manage to hurt she has healing factor . She is too OP to show up in regular books ever which sucks because that is a great design. I wonder who are the other 3 mutants that make up Cardinal, Gambit and Nightcrawler for sure did people figure out anyone else??
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    To be honest I was initially under the impression that Cylobel was No-Girl with a new codename and a new (read: actually has one) body. Powers of X #1 has made it abundantly clear this is not the case, Cylobel is evidently a new character. Yet No-Girl was shown at SDCC as one of the mutants who would be appearing in this story. Curiouser and curiouser, I suppose.
    She could be something to No Girlspoilers:
    They said the hound program was doing same thing as Sinister which is mixing mutants together
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-31-2019 at 03:17 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    What the fuck did I just read?
    Attachment 85303
    Is it intentional the book is "Sun Tzu"?

Astonishing Member

10 more issues of this. Holy hell...Hickman ain't playing no games.

I like how the issue gives the answers to some questions pretty nonchalantly but them brings up WAY more question by the end of it.

And once again Hickman's world building is top notch.
    Last edited by loke13; 07-31-2019 at 04:01 AM.

Fantastic Member

So it's somewhat interesting, but given that it's been stated to not be a time-travel story, it inherently has no real bearing on the current time, and that automatically makes me less interested. Like, sure, it could be an interesting story and a "look at how mutant kind goes to hell yet again in Future #1254352" but do we really need that? Like.. every mutant future is dystopian and irrevocably fucked. The big shocker would be showing mutants actually prospering (AoXM you don't count you filthy liar).

Looking forward to more House of X and more X1 info from PoX (Powers of Ten makes more sense when you consider the chimera program btw, though it could just as likely be referencing both ten central characters of X2 and the chimera program), but not as sold on PoX as a whole. It isn't bad, it's just yet another rehashing of a crappy future timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Well that makes sense now I should have just look up It was short shortlist I had in my head Unus,Celia, Unuscione. I would have found it out on my first try.
    Thank you both for asking & answering...I had no idea who they were referring to, or even what the power was from the acronym.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I think it's time for a spoilers recap thread.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    So it's somewhat interesting, but given that it's been stated to not be a time-travel story, it inherently has no real bearing on the current time, and that automatically makes me less interested. Like, sure, it could be an interesting story and a "look at how mutant kind goes to hell yet again in Future #1254352" but do we really need that? Like.. every mutant future is dystopian and irrevocably fucked. The big shocker would be showing mutants actually prospering (AoXM you don't count you filthy liar).

Looking forward to more House of X and more X1 info from PoX (Powers of Ten makes more sense when you consider the chimera program btw, though it could just as likely be referencing both ten central characters of X2 and the chimera program), but not as sold on PoX as a whole. It isn't bad, it's just yet another rehashing of a crappy future timeline.
    The difference is that this one isn't just being used as a quick cash grab by Marvel and actually has a level of care, foresight, planning, and being written by a talented writer and that's way more than the other previous rehashes had going for it. We know that eventually these two books are going to end up crossing over with each other by the end which births this new status quo and I'm excited for that.

Journey and not destination after all.

BANNED

spoilers:
    So, it was a lot of setup, but good setup. I loved every panel of Nimrod, holy hell LMAO The explanation is quite interesting, even though the use of charts was necessary or else we'd have a ton of exposition panels and it would be worse than plain text. The whole explanation for the chimeras and this future is very interesting. You can see Hickman put a lot of thought into it. It does indeed feel like the dystopian future story we've read about before, but I love how complex the whole thing is. I'm curious to see whatever the hell Moira's secret is, but that will take a whole week. Silva's art was absolutely fantastic. 9.5/10. Let's see where this goes from now on.
    end of spoilers