Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I kept telling everyone that Hickman is a filthy liar who says nothing true.
    He said he lied

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He said he lied
    I know. It's just people have kept acting like Hickman ever tells anything true about the stories he writes.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    So who's gonna teach them how to do the fusion dance Goku or Piccolo?
    Probably Xavier, he looks like he was practicing the fusion dance on that panel before "to me my x-men"
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I kept telling everyone that Hickman is a filthy liar who says nothing true.
    Well, creators lie all the time, specially to not spoil anything.

Extraordinary Member

Sometimes I think that Hickman is not lying about anything except saying he lied, he just said he was so we would be thrown off any ideas we had settled on.

Spectacular Member

I'm pretty sure if people were told that there would be grown mutants living in a Utopia a few weeks ago they would have been complaining. Sounds very familiar just done better.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Also it made it sound like the woman was implanted with a black seed to be an special brand of telepath rather than Cardinal planting a seed as a telportation escape to Karoka.
    I don't think they inform one another at all. The dialogue about Cylobel remains unchanged in both versions. It's still "Bred as a black brain telepath," even with the additional dialogue about the black seed of Krakoa.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I think people are waaay to hung up on this lying business. He's a storyteller trying to not reveal too much about his story before it is published. It's not as if he's the president of a nation or anything.

Astonishing Member

when I saw Cardinal first, in appearance, I thought Kurt was going through a secondary mutation

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Rasputin feels weird (I liked Steel Magik better) I hope that is just a code name and we can learn her true name soon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    I don't think they inform one another at all. The dialogue about Cylobel remains unchanged in both versions. It's still "Bred as a black brain telepath," even with the additional dialogue about the black seed of Krakoa.
    The new dialogue does seem to suggest that Cylobel had a pretty blood soaked past before turning over a new leaf thanks to Rasputin.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Rasputin feels weird (I liked Steel Magik better) I hope that is just a code name and we can learn her true name soon.
    It's just because that's the name we've been using for months Rasputin will grow on ya.
    Last edited by loke13; 07-26-2019 at 02:06 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    The new dialogue does seem to suggest that Cylobel had a pretty blood soaked past before turning over a new leaf thanks to Rasputin.
    That's true! From what we've seen, combining the unchanged dialogue from their human hunters and her new dialogue about her past, it seems like she's been bred by humans to use against her own, rather than come from Krakoa.

I hope Rasputin has a cool codename!

A story set in the future =/= a time travel story.
    "Don't leave home without your sword - your intellect."
    —Alan Moore

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sкєʟʟує View Post
    A story set in the future =/= a time travel story.
    This is totally true!

Where's the lie? We haven't been shown a time travel story yet. The only reason to assume it would be to take covers as literal, which makes zero sense, covers are notoriously unreliable as indicators of the story's content.

Hickman said Powers of X is like the film Powers of Ten, zooming in and zooming out on the world at a micro and macro scale, and that would make sense here as a term of scale of time.

What if instead of zooming in and out, Powers of X goes forward and backward in time, since he's described the series as about the history of Mutants/X-Men in the Marvel Universe.

I think it's simpler than time travel, or any of the other theories, we're just getting Hickman's Days of Future Past/Here Comes Tomorrow, in a way.