Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Really hoping Hickman keeps up the momentum with this issue.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/46288-meet...-years.html#s2

Surprised this has not hit here yet, and if it did many apologies. Yes, Hickman and Marvel continue to lie. Believe nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I kept telling everyone that Hickman is a filthy liar who says nothing true.
    Incredibly obnoxious posts guys.

The design for "Rasputin" is so good.

BANNED

So Krakoa is their mother/father, right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

I know I really hope she survives beyond HoX/PoX. I'm digging her personality too.

It is worth noting that this story need not be a ‘time travel’ story for it to be about non-linear time or cause and effect not being linear.

For example, we could have a story in which actions in an alternative future or even the actual future changes the past such that the present day is how it is. Does that make Hickman a liar? Only obliquely.

By saying this is not about alternative universes he could have been reassuring us that it’s not alternative versions of characters, by saying this is not a time travel story he could have been reassuring us that characters don’t jump from one time to another.

Show us characters that look like alt versions but are not, probably a good idea to let people know it’s not an alternative universe.

Show us what looks like the future, probably a good idea to tell us this is not a rehash of Days of Future Past.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-28-2019 at 05:48 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Come on, peeps, it's the classic "It's not a story about [whatever], it's a story with [whatever] in it" thingy. Nothing to see, here.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Come on, peeps, it's the classic "It's not a story about [whatever], it's a story with [whatever] in it" thingy. Nothing to see, here.
    I’m confused. What does the story have in it exactly?

I want to say i'll eat my hat if Rasputin isn't a merger between Illyana and Colossus, it would make sense if it's easier for siblings to combine. But i wouldn't so why lie.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

Too many colors clashing with each other. The skirt thing is superfluous and she needs to step up her footwear game.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I want to say i'll eat my hat if Rasputin isn't a merger between Illyana and Colossus, it would make sense if it's easier for siblings to combine. But i wouldn't so why lie.

Honestly, I think the idea of people merging is a little odd and not very likely. It is far more likely that reproduction is done with genetic splicing in the future. Mutants created by mixing and matching genetic material to provoke specific powers. Born as adolescents who come into their powers immediately, like we see happening in the first page of HoX.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Honestly, I think the idea of people merging is a little odd and not very likely. It is far more likely that reproduction is done with genetic splicing in the future. Mutants created by mixing and matching genetic material to provoke specific powers. Born as adolescents who come into their powers immediately, like we see happening in the first page of HoX.
    I think thats far too alien. But hopefully we shall know shortly. If intamacy and birth becomes about swiping left on the pod how is it any different than Nate's "High plane". And it would make mating more a transaction. "Who has the best genetic potential for me" rather than love. I've always liked that some of the most powerful mutant births have been spontaneous. Human/Mutant, two humans.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Sinister!!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

So this isn’t a new Power Pack book?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    PoX takes place 100 years in the future.
    Are you sure?