Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Daredevil vs. Hawkeye vs. Winter Soldier

Black Widow gathers her ex-lovers together and tells them whoever wins will win her heart.

Round 1: Strictly hand-to-hand. Nobody can use weapons. Bucky has two normal arms.

Round 2: Free-for-all. Bucky has his mechanical arm, a combat knife, and a SIG Sauer P220 semi-auto pistol. Hawkeye has his bow and 10 arrows in a quiver. Daredevil has his billy club.

Combatants start 50 feet from each other in an empty penthouse apartment 50 stores up. Everyone is non-bloodlusted. Who wins?

Round 1: Daredevil.

Round 2: This is more interesting but I'd still back DD due to his radar being able to find the others regardless of where they hide which will be a big advantage.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

going with matt in both, though it would be a bit closer in the second one.

Going by their classic selves, I am going with the one who once defeated 107 yakuzas in 3 minutes, and is fast enough to deflect bullets with his billy club, so Matt. Hawkeye or Bucky could likely take his very current self, though, for those who are reading the latest run.

Astonishing Member

Classic Daredevil stands a good chance, he's insanely tough.

MCU: Hawkeye wins. He'd take Daredevil out in one shot, except Bucky will be very difficult to take down and will pose a challenge to Clint up close. However, I don't see him tanking an explosive blast arrow to the face or torso. On an open field Hawkeye 10/10, in any other environment Bucky wins 7/10.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Classic Daredevil stands a good chance, he's insanely tough.

MCU: Hawkeye wins. He'd take Daredevil out in one shot, except Bucky will be very difficult to take down and will pose a challenge to Clint up close. However, I don't see him tanking an explosive blast arrow to the face or torso. On an open field Hawkeye 10/10, in any other environment Bucky wins 7/10.
    MCU Hawkeye isn't ever hitting MCU DD though. From inside a moving bouncing swerving car, while arguing with Stick, while taking care of a dying Elektra, he casually catches arrows fired into the car from outside of it. In the arena, he can dodge them all day long, or catch them and throw them back with superhuman accuracy.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

If we're talking comic book characters, Daredevil wins this one handily in the arena. Thanks to his various tremendous senses and absolutely ridiculous (ie, approaching Batman-level) stealth, he absolutely murders the other two in the scenario.

...although these days he has taken a little bit of a drop in ability due to being out of shape/practice, essentially. It's a short term drop, I figure.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    MCU Hawkeye isn't ever hitting MCU DD though. From inside a moving bouncing swerving car, while arguing with Stick, while taking care of a dying Elektra, he casually catches arrows fired into the car from outside of it. In the arena, he can dodge them all day long, or catch them and throw them back with superhuman accuracy.
    Catching MCU Hawkeye's arrows isn't a great idea.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Catching MCU Hawkeye's arrows isn't a great idea.

It's a bad idea if you just sit there and hold it, sure. It's a fine idea if you throw it back.

That said, he doesn't have to catch it, he just has to jump out of the way and hit Hawkeye between the eyes with a thrown billy club, something he's got no issues with here at all.

But since the OP doesn't state, we're talking about comic Matt, and comic Matt is a solid bullet timer and is thus stupidly faster then the other two here by an even larger margin. At the bell, he hits them both between the eyes with a club, and both drop.

Even worse in the scenario, because his stealth is soooooooo far beyond their ability to detect, and he can detect them trivially.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

...although these days he has taken a little bit of a drop in ability due to being out of shape/practice, essentially. It's a short term drop, I figure.
    While I agree about it being a short term drop, comic books being what they are, "a little bit" is an understatement.

For those who don't care about spoilers, here's Matt's status in the current run:

spoilers:

Please note that Matt has been healing from a truck accident, which on top of being, well, a truck accident, happened to "wake up" his injuries accumulated during his years as Daredevil.

Feats in the newest run:
    -Almost missing a rooftop jump.
    -Almost losing a fight against three ordinary robbers, and accidentally killing one in the process.
    -One or two issues later, he loses a fistfight against a cop, who happens to be a trained boxer. (To be fair, Matt got shot in the shoulder not long before)
    -Following issue, he escapes from the Punisher's hideout, showing to be accurate enough to shoot Frank in the unarmored spots and immobilize him without significantly injuring him.
    -Issue 5, he tries to stop the Owl's goons, including a guy in power armor, and needs Jessica Jones, Danny Rand, and Luke Cage to save his bacon. But once again, this is a fight classic DD would have likely been on the winning end of.

All this culminates in Spider-Man paying DD a visit, without the latter noticing he was followed, by the way. And in Peter telling Matt he needs to retire, to which Matt agrees. Currently, we are a few months later, with Matt still retired as Daredevil, so maybe by now he will have healed enough to get back in the game.
    end of spoilers

Did we mention this week that being Matt sucks?

Point about the understatement.

In any case, this current situation seems...situational. I guess we'll find out if it passes, or becomes the new status quo.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    While I agree about it being a short term drop, comic books being what they are, "a little bit" is an understatement.

For those who don't care about spoilers, here's Matt's status in the current run:

spoilers:

Please note that Matt has been healing from a truck accident, which on top of being, well, a truck accident, happened to "wake up" his injuries accumulated during his years as Daredevil.

Feats in the newest run:
    -Almost missing a rooftop jump.
    -Almost losing a fight against three ordinary robbers, and accidentally killing one in the process.
    -One or two issues later, he loses a fistfight against a cop, who happens to be a trained boxer. (To be fair, Matt got shot in the shoulder not long before)
    -Following issue, he escapes from the Punisher's hideout, showing to be accurate enough to shoot Frank in the unarmored spots and immobilize him without significantly injuring him.
    -Issue 5, he tries to stop the Owl's goons, including a guy in power armor, and needs Jessica Jones, Danny Rand, and Luke Cage to save his bacon. But once again, this is a fight classic DD would have likely been on the winning end of.

All this culminates in Spider-Man paying DD a visit, without the latter noticing he was followed, by the way. And in Peter telling Matt he needs to retire, to which Matt agrees. Currently, we are a few months later, with Matt still retired as Daredevil, so maybe by now he will have healed enough to get back in the game.
    end of spoilers

Did we mention this week that being Matt sucks?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    It's a bad idea if you just sit there and hold it, sure. It's a fine idea if you throw it back.

That said, he doesn't have to catch it, he just has to jump out of the way and hit Hawkeye between the eyes with a thrown billy club, something he's got no issues with here at all.

IDK, movie Clint had some preeeeetty big AoE on his best explosive arrows. Seems like dodging those would be tricky. Matt might be able to toss them back, but that is a pretty thin margin of error, especially when you consider it is going to be harder to throw an arrow properly. I certainly wouldn't give him 10/10.

And the thing with comics Matt is I don't think he has feats for his thrown club traveling at bullet speeds, which means it might not be an auto-victory. And doesn't Clint have sonic arrows?

Obviously either version of Hawk Guy gets trounced if it ever comes to hand to hand, but I'm not sure it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    IDK, movie Clint had some preeeeetty big AoE on his best explosive arrows. Seems like dodging those would be tricky. Matt might be able to toss them back, but that is a pretty thin margin of error, especially when you consider it is going to be harder to throw an arrow properly. I certainly wouldn't give him 10/10.

And the thing with comics Matt is I don't think he has feats for his thrown club traveling at bullet speeds, which means it might not be an auto-victory. And doesn't Clint have sonic arrows?

Obviously either version of Hawk Guy gets trounced if it ever comes to hand to hand, but I'm not sure it will.
    Comics Matt doesn't need to. Unless we're using the temporarily-weakened Matt, he simply goes ninja at the start of the match. This isn't in an arena, it's in an area with plenty of capacity for stealth and at 50' distance between contestants, they're starting in different rooms.

At which point, the other guys are pretty much screwed.
    Why are we here?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Comics Matt doesn't need to. Unless we're using the temporarily-weakened Matt, he simply goes ninja at the start of the match. This isn't in an arena, it's in an area with plenty of capacity for stealth and at 50' distance between contestants, they're starting in different rooms.

At which point, the other guys are pretty much screwed.
    Yeah, I meant more in general for Khazan stuff, not this particular scenario.