Extraordinary Member

Default Justice League #62 Preview

Justice League #62 Preview
    Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
    Artist: David Marquez
    Backup Writer: Ram V
    Backup Artist: Xermanico

Astonishing Member

I know Diana is the golden age Wonder Woman again..but I am not sure if Hippolyta previous stint with the JL is restored.

I love how Bendis has brought back the heads, so you can see who is on the team, or will be in the issue when you open it up.

Hey there's Green Arrow and Black Canary, I will buy that.

Average people just think Hippolyta is her daughter in a new costume .

Does each statue come with its own recording about how they joined the League?

What's with Hippolyta's speech bubbles? She's talking like an Asgardian. Why is DC being so weird with speech bubbles these days?

Another excellent issue for both JL and JLD.

I really like what Bendis is doing nad Ram V is also killing it.

JL side :

spoilers:
    So Barry fucked up when he sent them to Noami's birth-place, he did the math wrong because he used what he knew of the Multiverse and that's why some of them are super strong here while other are not right at all. Aquaman's got saved by some family but he was stranded into Zumbado's no-go zone, which means that him and the others have attracted the attention of this world's tyrant, just after they've apparently finally managed to take down Brutus, thanks to Hyppolita springing on him with Flash. But they don't seem in any shape to fight him now.
    end of spoilers

JLD side

spoilers:
    Ram V revealed what was wrong with Zatanna in a very clever way, great use of this Library of Babel and I just love the tension between Constantine and Blood. I can't wait to read more and see what merlin is doing with the ruins of ancient Atlantis
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Average people just think Hippolyta is her daughter in a new costume .

Does each statue come with its own recording about how they joined the League?

What's with Hippolyta's speech bubbles? She's talking like an Asgardian. Why is DC being so weird with speech bubbles these days?
    It’s to highlight she has an accent. Some letterers just like to show it by using different font.

I bet it's in Bendis's script notes that Hippolyta should use that font. He writes the book the same way he wrote his Marvel stuff (there's even a reference to the League gathering to fight the foes no one hero could, which is a common Avengers intro). So makes sense he'd want Themyscirans to speak like Asgardians.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    It’s to highlight she has an accent. Some letterers just like to show it by using different font.
    So Diana has normal speech bubbles because she's been "Americanized?" Just feels kind of random.

Yeah, it makes sense for the three Wonder Girls (Donna, Cassie and Yara) to speak normal English, but it is inconsistent for Hippolyta to use a special font and Diana not to.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hippolyta seems to be the only one who can kick Brutus’ ass it seems.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Hippolyta seems to be the only one who can kick Brutus’ ass it seems.
    Yeah, but did it have to happen off-panel, after a bunch of last issue and a bunch of this issue had the JL fighting Brutus and losing? Would've liked to have seen Hippolyta resolve the fight on-panel.

Bendis' dialogue wasn't quite as horrible as last issue. Still, 5/10 for him.

Ram V with another solid JLD ish. 8/10 for him.

I liked both stories. I say it every issue but Marquez is amazing. He should definitely be on a flagship book. I liked how Bendis wrote Barry. Kinda nerdy and awkward but not over the top of quippy. Still not a fan of Hippolyta on the team. I really find her to be just a more boring version of Diana. Putting Nubia in charge of the Amazons seems like a promotion but in reality it just kind of side lined her. I would totally rather have her on the League roster.

I loved the way Ram V revealed what is up with Zee’s powers

Nubia isn't sidelined. None of the Amazons are appearing in Diana's book at the moment due to the Valhalla storyline - they will when she comes home. In the meantime Nubia has shown up in Wonder Girl.

I love the JLD book team looks like having funs writing it with some experiments they try. In one of the book there are a joke about Xermanico emails xd

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Yeah, but did it have to happen off-panel, after a bunch of last issue and a bunch of this issue had the JL fighting Brutus and losing? Would've liked to have seen Hippolyta resolve the fight on-panel.

Bendis' dialogue wasn't quite as horrible as last issue. Still, 5/10 for him.

Ram V with another solid JLD ish. 8/10 for him.
    I believe two issues ago she also defeated him as well. On panel.