• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Brilliant. A classic WW tale

1 3.70%
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Very good and true to WW

5 18.52%
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️ Solid Wonder Woman story.

5 18.52%
  • ⭐️⭐️ Below average WW story - some worthy bits

9 33.33%
  • ⭐️ Ugh. I felt WW and I both got ripped off.

7 25.93%

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default Wonder Woman #75 review with spoilers and poll

Sigh.

Okay, so #75 is out and... well...again I am underwhelmed.

The art is great.

The story, not so much.

Look, I will just cut straight to my main complaint, which is that once AGAIN a supporting character steps in to save the day while Wonder Woman is basically rendered inert.

Following on from last issue, Diana leads her Amazons against the ones who now follow Grail. It seems the legendary Amazon sense of honour is a lot more fragile under Wilson’s pen, with over half the race opting to ditch Hippolyta and side with Grail in the name of survival.

Remember when Amazons cared more about honour than their own lives? Apparently now half of them were only giving that lip service.

Diana leads her forces into battle and here is where things really get weird for me.

See, I thought WW was Kryptonian level powerful. Even Wilson has shown her smashing through walking mountains. But now she is only as strong as the Amazons she is fighting, who don’t show anything above elite athlete in strength. You’d think Diana would just tear through them, right?

Wrong.

Anyway Grail grabs Cales daughter and uses her as a hostage. Antlantiades is hypnotising the rebel’s and Maggie is out of the way, and finally it all comes down to Wonder Woman. FINALLY she is going to save the day!

Wrong again.

Diana drops her weapons and makes a heartfelt and unsuccessful plea for mercy, and just as Grail is about to cut the girls throat while Diana watches helpless (shades of bombs dropping on civilians in the first Wilson arc) NUBIA does a faceturn and takes Grail down.

Cue Diana crying joyfully in her mamas arms.

Gag me with a spoon, I was mad. What the raging heavens is the problem with WW getting to actually save the day IN HER OWN BOOK?!!!

I’m sure there are those who will rate this much higher, and that’s their opinion. Lucky them that they enjoyed this more than I did.

For me? One star.

For the art.

Last edited by brettc1; 07-27-2019 at 04:14 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor