Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I was wondering that too!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    She OP shows Nita and her mother reuniting. Where was this from??? I didn't know they met up !
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
    I was wondering that too!
    It's from the Namora one shot. They haven't met up on panel, it was an illusion, IIRC.

Alt-Nita / Pulled from the time stream Nita hasn't met up on panel with any of her family since being brought into the 616.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hopefully Namorita can come back on a team. Avengers, etc. Maybe Panther's Agents of Wakanda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    With Namor as a villain right now, she'd definitely be a useful asset there. Want to suggest that to Zub?
    Why would Namorita join with the kingdom that destroyed Atlantis???
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Great character and my favorite member from the New Warriors!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Out of boredom? For a laugh? Lol

As much as I'd like to see her join Namor, do you think it would happen? Nita never held any of the anger that Namor does for the surface world.

Out of boredom? For a laugh? Lol

As much as I'd like to see her join Namor, do you think it would happen? Nita never held any of the anger that Namor does for the surface world.
    IIRC, Namorita has helped rule Atlantis when Namor was gone -- wasn't she a member of the Council of Three? She may have mixed feelings about Atlantis, but it's her home, and her people. I don't see her laughing off the destruction of the city and killing of her people.

I agree, for the most part, Namorita enjoyed her time on the surface world -- for which we can thank Betty Dean. I can easily see her joining a surface team for fun ... the FF, the X-Men, the Great Lakes Avengers, even one of the younger / teen teams, since she was pulled from the timeline at a much earlier date, before she turned into Kymera.

They'd have to give Namor a book of his own, first, and editorial doesn't seem interested in doing so.

I really think we should have an on panel reunion with her family, both Namor and Namora. And I'm all for giving Namor back his supporting cast. But joining Namor means stepping back into the supporting role, and Namorita could do much more. I think she'd be better off on a surface team -- she'd get more development and panel time. Or make her the Atlantean Ambassador and do some sort of all ages, SeaQuest type book with Stingray and Diane Arliss and all the rest of the waterbreathing cast they've created over the last decade or two, like Loa, Nara, Watersnake, Crosta, etc. Oh, even the Nu-Marrina, who is more of a teen Marrina herself. Oh, and maybe Kid Kaiju? Haven't been following his books, but it seems he could fit. Of course, you'd have to resurrect some of those other characters too, and Namorita would have do something major to repair bridges with Stingray. But it could be a fun book. Yes, I'm binge watching Tom Taylor's THE DEEP now.

Of course, if Marvel ever gets that New Warriors show off the ground, we'll see a comic to follow and I expect Namorita will be on it.

IIRC, Namorita has helped rule Atlantis when Namor was gone -- wasn't she a member of the Council of Three? She may have mixed feelings about Atlantis, but it's her home, and her people. I don't see her laughing off the destruction of the city and killing of her people.

I agree, for the most part, Namorita enjoyed her time on the surface world -- for which we can thank Betty Dean. I can easily see her joining a surface team for fun ... the FF, the X-Men, the Great Lakes Avengers, even one of the younger / teen teams, since she was pulled from the timeline at a much earlier date, before she turned into Kymera.

They'd have to give Namor a book of his own, first, and editorial doesn't seem interested in doing so.

I really think we should have an on panel reunion with her family, both Namor and Namora. And I'm all for giving Namor back his supporting cast. But joining Namor means stepping back into the supporting role, and Namorita could do much more. I think she'd be better off on a surface team -- she'd get more development and panel time. Or make her the Atlantean Ambassador and do some sort of all ages, SeaQuest type book with Stingray and Diane Arliss and all the rest of the waterbreathing cast they've created over the last decade or two, like Loa, Nara, Watersnake, Crosta, etc. Oh, even the Nu-Marrina, who is more of a teen Marrina herself. Oh, and maybe Kid Kaiju? Haven't been following his books, but it seems he could fit. Of course, you'd have to resurrect some of those other characters too, and Namorita would have do something major to repair bridges with Stingray. But it could be a fun book. Yes, I'm binge watching Tom Taylor's THE DEEP now.

Of course, if Marvel ever gets that New Warriors show off the ground, we'll see a comic to follow and I expect Namorita will be on it.
    Agree with everything you said.

Yes Nita was ruling Atlantis in Namors absence. IIRC she almost went bankrupt rebuilding the city.

And yes I agree that having Nita appear in a Namor book would make her appear second fiddle, but at this point I'm just desperate for her to make an appearance

Was Nita’s return in FF ever explained?

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Nope. Still waiting!

Nope. Nor did anyone seem surprised to see the dead return to life, as no one commented on it either. Of course, she didn't say anything either, IIRC.

Didn't particularly care for the Namora like costume. I think Marvel should do as much as possible to distinguish her from Namora.

Agree with everything you said.

Yes Nita was ruling Atlantis in Namors absence. IIRC she almost went bankrupt rebuilding the city.

And yes I agree that having Nita appear in a Namor book would make her appear second fiddle, but at this point I'm just desperate for her to make an appearance

I know what you mean.

Marvel doesn't know what to do with Namor, so I'm pretty sure they are clueless about Namorita. In some ways, I think they have the same problem as the Torches, Hammond, Toro, and Johnny Storm -- 3 characters with basically the same power set.

I'd forgotten about that! Yes, she definitely should charge Namor for that. LOL!

BANNED

Nova #3 Jul 1999
    "Lo, there shall come -- a really big robot!"
    Rich Rider's ex-girlfriend troubles continue

as Namorita keeps her distance.

Written by Erik Larsen. Art by Joe Bennett and Armando Durruthy.

I presumed it was just time displaced Nita.

Because Namor is acting out of character. She'd want to bring him to his senses and stop him from attacking the surface world. It's an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" situation.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-11-2019 at 10:05 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Nova #3 Jul 1999
    "Lo, there shall come -- a really big robot!"
    Rich Rider's ex-girlfriend troubles continue

as Namorita keeps her distance.

Written by Erik Larsen. Art by Joe Bennett and Armando Durruthy.
    God, we can we not do Larson's Namorita? He basically turned her into a slut after making Rich into a complete @$$

Glad to see both Namora and Nita alive and at the same time!

Would be great to see some mother-daughter action.

Are there any differences in their powers?