3 1.16%
  • 70-80

1 0.39%
  • 80-90

1 0.39%
  • 90-100

5 1.93%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Oof, had to wonder whether I was 27 or 37 for far too long.

I'm 37, yikes time flies, and yet drags too, weird!

Metal Rooster "Cock-a-doodle dink!"

Virgo Sun, Scorpio Moon, Libra ascendant, most planets in Libra.

I'm another X-Tas indoctrinate, but X-Men was my third fave cartoon at the time, Thundercats first, then TMHT, then X-Men.

Didn't read comics until my mid-twenties, no LCBS around (even now, the closest is a 120 mile round drive away, Ebay is a savior)

X-Men Legends on the PS2 is what re-kindled my interest in the X-Men, especially Rogue. It also introduced me to Emma, Psylocke and Magma and its sequel introduced Sunfire, Deadpool and Scarlet Witch.

52 years old.
    My first issue of the X-Men was issue #111.
    I was 11 years old at the time.
    The cover caught my attention.
    The art and story brought me back.
    xmen111.jpg
    Last edited by Mike; 07-28-2019 at 06:12 AM.

22. I knew the X-Men from the 90s cartoon and the movies, but my first complete X-Men read was either the Dark Phoenix Saga or E is for Extintion. I only bought stuff sporadically, but I think that during the Dark Reign era I started buying X-Men comics every week/month.

I'm 51, and started reading Uncanny X-Men in 1982 with issue 162 during the Brood Saga. Probably why Paul Smith is still my favorite X-Men artist. I was hooked right away. I went back and read through the Claremont/Byrne run, and kept going as far back as I could afford as a teenager.

27. Loved the X-Men as a kid thanks to TAS + the movies but didn't start reading the comics until towards the tail end of Morrison's run.

Incredible Member

Looks like I'm the grand daddy here. I'm 55.

Started reading UK reprints in black and white in the late 60s. The first X-Men comic I got was 96. It was tough to get them in the UK for a while, so I missed a few between 96 and 110, but since then I have managed to get pretty much everything.

29. TAS was a big influence but there was an X-Men game for Sega Genesis that my cousins had that I always played when I went to their house that really was my first introduction to the X-Men. Thought Cyclops, Gambit, and Nightcrawler were some of the coolest characters out there.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

26. Watched re-runs of the TAS as a kid, but that only ever influenced the action figures I owned. Never tried getting into the comics in a major way until X-Men Evolution, and the first few live-action movies. It was only in 2005 or so with House of M/Decimation that I was really able to invest my time, and money.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Started with Bendis and frankly haven’t really enjoyed any comics as much since his all-new x-men.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

It's pretty cool to see that the 90s cartoon had a big impact on most of you when you started to get into X-men. I will admit that even though I did watch the show from time to time I have very little memory of the 90s cartoon, also I remember being oddly afraid of Wolverine as a small child. I was a weird kid.

I started reading the Sonic the Hedgehog comics in 2003 and by 2008 or 2009 I wanted to expand my interest to other comics outside of just Sonic. Back when Borders was still a thing I use to get most of my comics from there, it was where I got my first Sonic comic and where I would get my first X-men graphic novel, House of M. Yeah I just thought House of M was a really cool story, like I knew that X-men and Spider-man are both Marvel characters but I did not know that they all lived in the same universe I thought that was really cool. I think my next two X-men graphic novels were Supernovas and Messiah Complex and I loved X-men ever since.

I will admit that when it comic to Marvel comics I'm pretty erratic when comes to buying single issues and just buy some here or there, for some reason the X-men feels much more natural to read in graphic novel from and the Sonic comics feels much more natural to read as single issues. :/

Oh yeah I almost forgot to say my age, I'm 29.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

28 turning 29 in August
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

42 didn't start reading x-men till like 93

I'm 25. I grew up watching X-Men Evolution but started reading comics back in 2014, X-Factor investigations by Peter David was my first run and I have been hooked ever since.

Fantastic Member

38. Started reading in 89 or 90, started seriously reading in 1991. Took a break in 98 that lasted 20 years, and trying to get all the crap I missed in the interim.

Edit: So, you know, send me all those runs you hated so much. >. >
    Last edited by magneticmushroom; 07-28-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Astonishing Member

Do we start at zero or one for ages ?