1 0.39%
  • 80-90

1 0.39%
  • 90-100

5 1.93%
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Default How old are you?

Thankfuly the X-men have been a long lived franchice, it existed before many of us were born and will probably exist after we are gone. In such a wide time span the X-men have been something different, meaning different things, satisfied different tastes, reached bastly diferent people on the world and on diferent phases of their lives.

for some comics are for kids and for other are a passion through their entire lives. so, I wanted to know how old are the X-men fans browsing CBR?

If posible I would like to know at what age did you start too.

If you don't want to say your age it is fine, you can use the poll too, if you want.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-27-2019 at 03:25 PM.

I'm 22 years old, TAS was my gateway drug to the franchise when i was 6 or 7 years old. I didn't start reading comics until 2013 (ok that's not completly true, i read some books before, mostly Spider-Man related, but never followed monthly) and i didn't star to read X-Men until last year.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

50 so i could have 2 answer to your poll

start reading comics in french when i was around 3 or 4 ... Mandrake, Phantom and all those old comics. The they start to translate Giant X-men 1 in 1981. It's was in black and white.

https://www.bedetheque.com/BD-X-Men-...se-359447.html

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I'm 22 years old, TAS was my gateway drug to the franchise when i was 6 or 7 years old. I didn't start reading comics until 2013 (ok that's not completly true, i read some books before, mostly Spider-Man related, but never followed monthly) and i didn't star to read X-Men until last year.
    Tas was my gateway, too. But I was a late bloomer. I was 27 when TAS first came out. I didn't buy my first book until the series ended in 1997. In July of 1998, as a 33rd birthday gift to myself, I bought the TPB From the Ashes. Since 1997, I've bought back issues and TPBs to "catch up" and I've been buying books from my LCS ever since.

I am 27. Watched XTAS as kid. Started to read monthly comics when I was 17 I think (Around 2010) and joined forums in 2012 if I remember correct.

My first juvenile rabid collecting of X-Men started with the debut of Lady Mandarin. The last issue of X-Men was the first death of Kwannon. Then I left the franchise only to return for Alan Davis and/or Grant Morrison.

I’m 40.

A little concerning(but goes to show the comic reading audience) that we are 17 votes in and no teenagers or younger(but 2 50+)

eye'm onwi fo yeas old
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

23, but turning 24 in a month. I think I started reading casually around 2012 which is around the time I joined CBR. Since, then I've had period where I actively read a lot and times where I don't read at all and end up binging when I get back into it. I guess that's why even on CBR, I go through phases of being really active for a couple months and then not posting for a year lol

32 (sob), started with the X-Men with the animated series when I was 8-9, starting reading comics when I was in my early 20s.

that feel when you got your 401k while an issue of uncanny can barely break 41k
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I am 48 <sigh>, I started reading when I walked into a comic shop and saw the first issue of Excalibur. I had picked up the odd comic book at grocery stores or pharmacy stores, but I didn't start collecting until that point. After Excalibur #1 started collecting comics.

In the late 90's I stopped collecting, a little while after after Rachel was written out of comics. That wasn't the main reason I stopped, I was between apartments around 95 and 96 and I didn't have any place to store my comic collection so I sold all of it. I followed the comics by just keeping abreast of story recaps on the Internet. Then I was stopping in a comic shop a while back and I saw the Mojo crossover between Blue and Gold and of course my favourite character Rachel was featured. I decided to start reading again and I got a Marvel Unlimited subscription to read the back catalogue and catch up. I would buy the newer X-books by digital and just read them on my tablet. I kind of miss having the print books, but I am tired of having too much clutter in my apartment and it's better for me to just read digitally.

When I was catching up I started by reading all of Rachel's appearances, then after I caught up on Rachel's story I focused on catching up on Emma and Jean's stories.

Astonishing Member

26. Watch the 90's cartoon when I was a kid. Read Grant Morrison's New X-Men in the library of my Middle School and thought it was awesome but didn't really get into the comics until around 2011 starting reading some of the recent runs to prepare me for AvsX (ugh).

My first issue was Uncanny X-Men 225 (Fall of the Mutants) circa 1988. I was 10 and it had just came out. :-D I went into a comic store and the cover of that issue hooked me.

Thanks for sharing everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by etrumble View Post
    A little concerning(but goes to show the comic reading audience) that we are 17 votes in and no teenagers or younger(but 2 50+)
    Probably CBR forum audience more.