3 1.16%
  • 70-80

1 0.39%
  • 80-90

1 0.39%
  • 90-100

5 1.93%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I'm 45. I bought my first issue of "Uncanny" when I was 14 years old in 1988. I've been reading X-books for the last 31 years.

Quote Originally Posted by etrumble View Post
    A little concerning(but goes to show the comic reading audience) that we are 17 votes in and no teenagers or younger(but 2 50+)
    Don't count your chickens yet!

I'm actually seventeen, and I got into the X-Men thanks to the 90s cartoon (when it was streamable on Netflix), Ultimate Alliance, and of course, the Fox films when I was about four... And I started reading the comics as soon as I could read (so when I was five or six).
    "Don't leave home without your sword - your intellect."
    —Alan Moore

24, I watched TAS like most people but Evolution is what made me love them along with the X-Men Legends game I used to play at my friends house.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I just turned 25, and I was introduced to the X-Men by TAS (like many others). While I purchased a few single issues, when you could find them in corner stores and book stores, and some trade paperbacks, I mostly read comics through my school libraries. I remember flipping through Morrison’s run, lots of 90’s stuff, Claremont stuff too, but I didn’t retain much of it.

I didn’t really start purchasing monthly single-issues until DC’s Rebirth in 2016; I was really excited about new comics for the first time in a while, but the X-books (and Marvel as a whole) didn’t really have anything to offer me. Then in late 2017 Marvel gave us Phoenix Resurrection, and while I was disappointed by it, Jean was back and would be starring as team leader in a new book. X-Men Red is the first complete X-Men run I ever collected; unfortunately, it was also a disappointment to me. Then of course, we got Disassembled and Rosenberg’s Uncanny, and we all know how that turned out.

Finally, Hickman’s time has come and I’m looking forward to collecting his X-Men as well as checking out some of the other books.

33! You know it!

22. Started out with Evolution and TAS sealed the deal.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I'm 37. I started with X-Men the Animated series. Went to Wolverine #94 Uncanny #326 and X-Men 51
    X-Men Forever

Just turned 27 on the 11th.

No grey hairs yet.

TAS and old 90s X-Men games on SNES and PS1 were my gateway. Been an addi... fan ever since...

I'm 27. X-Men TAS and the Capcom games were my introduction to Marvel and mutants.

I started collecting comics around 2006, during Whedon's run. Then I went back and read everything since 1963

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I'm 27. X-Men TAS and the Capcom games were my introduction to Marvel and mutants.

I started collecting comics around 2006, during Whedon's run. Then I went back and read everything since 1963
    Are you my twin? Whedon Astonishing #12 was my first book. I went on to Gen X after that though. Any X-Book I could get my hands on was enough even if I had no clue who was who at the time. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    24, I watched TAS like most people but Evolution is what made me love them along with the X-Men Legends game I used to play at my friends house.
    X-Men Legends was so good. Too bad the Ultimate Alliance series guarantees it's over; at least the X-Men are in the third one, but I won't be getting it until Cyclops is playable.

I think X-Men Legends also introduced me to the Ultimate X-Men... that was unfortunate.

31. TAS...so around here, nothing special

Why do people ask me this question so often?

Extraordinary Member

28 and I have been into comic since I was 17.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

I'm 38. My introduction to the X-Men was the animated show. The first comics I read were the New X-men by Morrison in 2001. A friend was buying them and she'd let me read them after she was done. Then I started checking trades out from the library and read everything I could get my hands on. It wasn't until 2007 when I decided to buy my first comic, which was the Endangered Species one-shot by Mike Carey. I had no idea that I would have to buy X-Men, Uncanny, X-Factor and New X-men to continue the whole story. A month later I was told by my LCS that I had missed a couple of issues but they'd hunt them down for me if I wanted. They set me up with a pull list and I've been buying the whole line ever since. Grabbing up back issues and trades along the way. My collection isn't complete by a long shot but I'm getting there.