• 70-80

1 0.39%
  • 80-90

1 0.39%
  • 90-100

5 1.93%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

26 now. Joined these forums at age 14, became an X-Men fan age 4/5ish through TAS.
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

22 now since i turned on June 17th, And later joined the forums at 20 years old and X-Men Legends, X-Men Evolution and the Pre-Infinite MVC were my gateway to the franchise
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

I'm 37. TAS and Jim Lee stuff got me into the X-books but it was Age of Apocalypse and Generation-X that made me truly love the merry mutants. I count Sunspot, Bishop, Synch, Chamber, and Monet as some of my favorite characters in all of comics.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

According to the poll there are 3 people on these boards who are 90 to 100. I really want that to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    According to the poll there are 3 people on these boards who are 90 to 100. I really want that to be true.
    there are 4 now!
    I would like too if that were true but i feel they are trolls for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    there are 4 now!
    I would like too if that were true but i feel they are trolls for some reason.
    Maybe they're just being shy.

I am 24. My first exposure to the X-Men was the 2000 film and the X-Men Evolution series that followed. I was absolutely obsessed with Nightcrawler back then and he was my wallpaper for everything. I would pick up random TPB's of Ultimate X-Men without really understanding the cohesion and context behind it. X-Men Legends is what really turned my gears.

I was on the MUA forums back then. I didn't start actually religiously reading X-Men comics until Second Coming started up and that was when I was truly invested in reading comics. I fell in love with the New Mutants and began reading the current volume, then went back and read all back issues starting from Volume 1, Issue 1. I read the entirety of New Mutants and eXiles. Then became obsessed and started reading everything.

Just this past SDCC, I spent multiple hundreds of dollars collecting omnibuses and complete collections so my boyfriend could start getting into it. I was someone who had a general audience knowledge of the X-Men, to being a huge fan with an X-Men tattoo and jumping on stage during Marvel's Next Big Thing panel to meet the editors and Hickman. I've come a long way and plan to continue down my path of living in an X-Men world.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

I just turned 50. My first exposure to the X-Men were references in Avengers to the past of the Beast, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in issues I bought of the spinner racks as a kid (either Avengers or reprints of Avengers in Marvel Triple Action). The first actual X-Men comic I read was the reprint of (Uncanny) X-Men #1 by Lee and Kirby in Son of Origins that I got as a birthday present in the late 70s, followed by reading a cousin's copy of (Uncanny) X-Men #105. The first I bought for myself was #108. I didn't get to buy issues regularly until I was in high school and earning my own money (circa '84-85), but had sporadic issues through the years before that, and filling in gaps reading friends issues when I could. My wife was a big X-Men fan before I met here, and her intro was the animated series from the 90s.

I hadn't read/bought X-Men regularly in quite some time, only sampling runs or trades on Unlimited or from the library from time to time since I stopped buying X-books regularly sometime just after the Onslaught stuff in the mid to late 90s), but curiosity got me to add the Hickman minis to my buy list, so am buying X-Men related books for the first time in a loooong time.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

I wanted to know how old are the X-men fans browsing CBR?
    This X-Fan is currently 37 years old.
    At what age did you start too.
    I began around age 9 I believe.
    I rented the VHS tape of Pryde of the X-Men from my local video store and later discovered the Arcade game while on a camping trip at Jellystone. Storm was my gurl.
    The obsession grew and eventually consumed me, driving me to discover a copy of Uncanny X-Men (the issue where the Sentinels attacked and slaughtered the Hellions) on the shelf of a Toys R Us.
    It was after that I discovered ACTUAL comic book shops, and began collecting trading cards and back issues. It wasn't until years later that I caught on to the concept of "release dates" ha ha ha ha.

SHOUT OUT to all my 35-40yr old Peers up in CBR!
    Whenever I come across the topic of age proximity, I think to myself "I wonder if we would be friends IRL and have dinners and talk X-Men"
    Last edited by Fokken; 07-29-2019 at 05:20 AM.

I'm 42.

First contact with the X-Men was in 1984, in the first Marvel antology I got. It contained the first two issues of the Doom/Arcade arc.
    But I didn't continue this anthology series and instead got another one that had earlier X-Men stories (around Polaris first appearance)

First contact with the New Mutants (besides Childyana who was a non-character in those X-Men stories) was in Secret Wars II, IIRC.

It took time to get me hooked to the ANAD X-Men. At first I was mostly seeing them in other comics (Daredevil/Wolverine team up, Secret Wars) where their portrayal wasn't really flattering.
    Last edited by mugiwara; 07-29-2019 at 05:41 AM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

"I wonder if we would be friends IRL and have dinners and talk X-Men"
    Man... After reading this topic, all I'm thinking is "I wish I could meet those guys!"

45. Grew up reading Claremont X-Men/New Mutants and then dropped during the 90's when I was a broke college student. Rebounded for Wheadon's Astonishing run and read Morrison's at the same time then stopped again after House of M and Wheadon were done. Trick was on me since I juuuust missed the return of Magik which would have kept me along for the ride. I started back in comics (and joined this forum) in 2018 and joined Marvel Unlimited to read the entire X-Book catalog. Now I'm currently collecting trades for my favorite runs.

SHOUT OUT to all my 35-40yr old Peers up in CBR!
    Whenever I come across the topic of age proximity, I think to myself "I wonder if we would be friends IRL and have dinners and talk X-Men"
    I'm in MN too Fokken. If you ever make it to CONvergence in the Twin Cities let me know, I plan to pitch an X-Men panel for next year's con.
    Last edited by pandafarmer; 07-29-2019 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post

I'm in MN too Fokken. If you ever make it to CONvergence in the Twin Cities let me know, I plan to pitch an X-Men panel for next year's con.
    OMG RAD! I don't even know when CONvergence is, but I'll keep any eye out.
    An X-Men panel? What would that entail??

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Thank you for all the answers.
    I don't know if i should make a separate thread for this but...

for the people who have been reading X-men for so long. What is what has keep you reading them through all these years?

I care about the X-Men. I like them more than I do some real life people. haha.

As a gay man, I relate to the "born different, puberty-triggered, feared and hated" narrative.