Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

@JasonTodd428: Page 3 and 4 are Caden on the swing and Jason kneeling down, or?

And these are the pages from the general thread that Zaresh has mentioned:

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Two weeks ago Lobdell posted something Artemis and Bizarro related on his instagram. I can't remember if the post was shared here.

And here's someone on Twitter who talked on Instagram with Lobdell, including this screenshot.

The girl in the yellow outfit looks like Tanya Spears aka Powergirl.

I still wonder if the guy on page 21 is a new character or not.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Art looks a lot better in those panels than the non Woods stuff from the preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Art looks a lot better in those panels than the non Woods stuff from the preview.
    Pencils were nice. I think what I liked the less was the colouring actually. It lacks some kind of texture that those pages seem to have. It could be that the preview pages were from an earlier stage (wouldn't be the first time I think(.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

@JasonTodd428: Page 3 and 4 are Caden on the swing and Jason kneeling down, or?

And these are the pages from the general thread that Zaresh has mentioned:
    I was referring to the final two pages of the preview actually I guess I miscounted them before. Also those pages you posted from the general thread also suffer from the same complete lack of proportion those last two pages of the preview suffer from. Like I said before the style just doesn't appeal to me. The art of a comic is just as important to me as the story and frank!y this style of art pulls my enjoyment level way down, which is disappointing since I've been waiting on Biz and Arty's return for months.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I dig the art and Artemis’ new look.

At first I was skeptical of both but was won over by the of the issue.

Adding the lasso into the flashback of the hug was a nice touch. Didn’t even notice it at first.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 07-31-2019 at 05:43 AM.

I read it already. It was a fun story, a simple one, but fun nevertheless. And they're back, definitely. I can see them showing up here and there in a few panels in the next few issues already. For an awful day that I had, this was an item in the "good things" list .

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Solid issue. I don't really have much to say, the self-contained story accomplishes its goal, it gives some insight on Artemis and Bizarro's characters (and proves that Orlando's story with Artemis is non canon to Lobdell) but again, I found the setting and the other characters to be the strongest part of the issue. Since the setting has all the heroes killed, I'm sure it's supposed to be part of the Dark Multiverse, proving that the idea has potential when is not restricted to keep propping Batman up. Jack Knives was a surprisingly fun character and I'd love to see him again. For all the criticism Lobdell's writing gets (some more deserving than others), the man has a great talent to create new characters that are able to stand on its own.

The setting also reminded me of Lobdell's scrapped plans of having the Outlaws go undercover on E3, and if this is similar to that idea, then is a damn shame it never happened. Honestly, this s what I always thought was the best approach for the series, have self-contained stories (with the occasional major arc, or building towards one) where the Outlaws travel everywhere helping people. The "Supernatural" of cape comics if you will.

Now that is clear Jason's time as a solo act is coming to an end, I have to say that I enjoyed it more than I expected. It had its ups and downs and is clear that editorial derailed Lobdell's plans more than once but overall, it was an enjoyable approach. And hopefully, if it happens again, it will have less restrictions.

Going in I kind of expected the annual to plant the seeds of where the next arc is going after Generation: Outlaw. Given how the this story ended, however, it doesn’t seem like that’s the case. Perhaps one of their pit stops on the way home might hint at what’s up next.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I read it already. It was a fun story, a simple one, but fun nevertheless. And they're back, definitely. I can see them showing up here and there in a few panels in the next few issues already. For an awful day that I had, this was an item in the "good things" list .
    Sad to hear that you had a bad day. Mine was stressful - I even forgot that the annual comes out today although I was pretty hyped about it yesterday.

I liked the issue. It's a nice little story - and even meme-worthy, considering Lex "The Brain" Luthor. (Nice Wizard of Oz reference by the way)
    But there are two things I wonder about:
    1) Where's Ma Gunn's bottle?
    2) Is Jack Knife actually Joker/Jack Napier who was healed by the bomb that turned people with special powers into normal humans and vice versa?

Sad to hear that you had a bad day. Mine was stressful - I even forgot that the annual comes out today although I was pretty hyped about it yesterday.

I liked the issue. It's a nice little story - and even meme-worthy, considering Lex "The Brain" Luthor. (Nice Wizard of Oz reference by the way)
    But there are two things I wonder about:
    1) Where's Ma Gunn's bottle?
    2) Is Jack Knife actually Joker/Jack Napier who was healed by the bomb that turned people with special powers into normal humans and vice versa?
    The Wizard of Oz was referenced in the two tittles of the chapter in this issue, which was a nice touch for me, because that story is one of my favourite stories of all my life since I watched the classic movie when I was like 5. So it always makes me smile, when I find it nodded (even in the most obvious, fun way).

1) Who knows? I guess it will be addressed, eventually. Seems like, as it is now, she wasn't thrown into the same place than A and B.
    2) My best guess is that either the heroes weren't that heroic, or that was an Earth with a lot less harmful Joker (not unheard of) and he ended being a friendly rogue to the heroes. But it could be like you said, I suppose, that he was cured with the gen bomb.

Heh, now that I think about it, this story felt a bit mutant-esque.
    spoilers:
    Nah, better days will come.
    end of spoilers

Still not a fan of Artemis' haircut. Just never cared for that style, personally. Otherwise, a good annual, and finally some insight to what Red Her and Baby Biz have been up to. And Jason finally learning they're still alive at the beginning.

Sometimes I don't even notice the obvious. Superman crushed by the Daily Planet globe is a reference to the Witch of the East being crushed by Dorothy's falling farmhouse in The Wizard of Oz.

Sometimes I don't even notice the obvious. Superman crushed by the Daily Planet globe is a reference to the Witch of the East being crushed by Dorothy's falling farmhouse in The Wizard of Oz.
    Ha ha. That one flew under my radar.
    And now I want a fic that adapts The Wizard of Oz with Jason and the Outlaws or the Batfam.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Ha ha. That one flew under my radar.
    And now I want a fic that adapts The Wizard of Oz with Jason and the Outlaws or the Batfam.
    Artemis with pigtails and in a little girl's outfit...

I would laugh, and then cry as she broke every bone in my body.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Artemis with pigtails and in a little girl's outfit...

I would laugh, and then cry as she broke every bone in my body.
    Then Biz would punch what's left into the sun for daring to laugh at Red Her like that.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 08-01-2019 at 12:57 PM.