Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Default Red Hood: Outlaw Annual #3 Preview/Discussion

source: comicbook.com

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I really hope this delivers. This, by far, is my most anticipated issue of the series since they’ve disappeared last year.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 07-27-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Eh, Jason. That's not the way you ask a kid for doing you a favor that's going to hurt them. The whole scene was somewhat tense, what with his hand hovering over the gun and his body language.

So I guess this issue is going to go really, really, really fast paced, judging by how the very few first pages go.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-27-2019 at 04:18 PM. Reason: grammar

Kudos @Zaresh. If I remember correctly, you were the one who identified the swing in the two panels that Woods posted a few weeks ago.

Caden looks like a new character. I wonder if he's one of the six kids that Jason has to babysit in the YotV arc.

The room with the fake "swing in a park" atmosphere reminds me of Martian Manhunter's room in the Hall of Justice. But I don't think Jason and Caden are actually there. That's very unlikely considering that Jason is supposed to teach those kids how to become a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Kudos @Zaresh. If I remember correctly, you were the one who identified the swing in the two panels that Woods posted a few weeks ago.

Caden looks like a new character. I wonder if he's one of the six kids that Jason has to babysit in the YotV arc.

The room with the fake "swing in a park" atmosphere reminds me of Martian Manhunter's room in the Hall of Justice. But I don't think Jason and Caden are actually there. That's very unlikely considering that Jason is supposed to teach those kids how to become a villain.
    Yep, it was me.

Maybe they're in a facility owned by Lex Luthor. I wonder if we will really know about the kids in this issue, meet them other than for a peek, or they'll be presented in issue #37.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Yep, it was me.

Maybe they're in a facility owned by Lex Luthor. I wonder if we will really know about the kids in this issue, meet them other than for a peek, or they'll be presented in issue #37.
    I wonder that too but I’m thinking this might be all we get in the annual. Woods said he was working on his last 4 pages on twitter awhile back and all of them seem to be accounted for here. That might be for the best though since it’ll mean more time focused on Biz & Artemis.

The solicit for 38 mentioned a star labs facility so maybe it’s that?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I wonder that too but I’m thinking this might be all we get in the annual. Woods said he was working on his last 4 pages on twitter awhile back and all of them seem to be accounted for here. That might be for the best though since it’ll mean more time focused on Biz & Artemis.

The solicit for 38 mentioned a star labs facility so maybe it’s that?
    Mmmmm, could be.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Even without Lobdell explaining himself in that interview, the references/callbacks/shoutouts to the X-Men are pretty obvious. So obvious that other than Jason appearance it wouldn't be out of place in an X-Book. It's gonna be interesting to see where this all goes.

Also, chances are they're in a space station.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Even without Lobdell explaining himself in that interview, the references/callbacks/shoutouts to the X-Men are pretty obvious. So obvious that other than Jason appearance it wouldn't be out of place in an X-Book. It's gonna be interesting to see where this all goes.

Also, chances are they're in a space station.
    what makes you say that?

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The way solicits have been written alongside the covers (both normal and variants) for 37-40.

Interestingly, seems like Jason has ditched the crowbar and katana.

Dropped the book after Biz and and Art did. I'll be picking this up.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    Dropped the book after Biz and and Art did. I'll be picking this up.
    Same! 10char

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm looking forward to this but the proportions of everything in the panels on pages three and four is just really badly off in my opinion. Hope the rest of the issue looks more like the first couple of pages or else I'll be spending this issue complaining about poor art on a RHATO book again.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm looking forward to this but the proportions of everything in the panels on pages three and four is just really badly off in my opinion. Hope the rest of the issue looks more like the first couple of pages or else I'll be spending this issue complaining about poor art on a RHATO book again.
    The first four pages were done by Woods, the other two by this issue's artist. We had a small peek to other pages in the General Thread, iirc.

Also, if I didn't understand wrong, Biz and Art are back in the second half of the new story act.