Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Default ... Just Needed Killin'!

We all have one: There's a character that (in our opinion) just absolutely needed to quit using oxygen.

The moment where They Got What They Had Coming made us say "Yeah!"

Comics. TV. Books. Movies. Who was it? Why did they have it coming?

Don't be a punk. No uncontextualized lists. If you name a character, tell us specifically why.

Joffrey Baratheon.

If you know the character, you know why.

Funny you should ask. Currently, Blaine on iZombie.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Funny you should ask. Currently, Blaine on iZombie.
    Because....?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Joffrey Baratheon.

If you know the character, you know why.
    Humor us...

The Joker in Return of the Joker. After torturing and possessing Tim Drake, he really had it common. The deconstruction speech he got from Terry before that helped too.

Hidan from Naruto. A sadistic murderer who killed Shikamaru's sensei. His death at Shikamaru's hands was very satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Because....?
    If one has been watching this season of iZombie, one would see he is a murdering POS.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

iMan 42s

We all have one: There's a character that (in our opinion) just absolutely needed to quit using oxygen.

Don't be a punk. No uncontextualized lists. If you name a character, tell us specifically why.
    City Hunter from Predator 2.
    He kills Harrigan's friends and allies if only to screw with and torture him to get the most out of hunting an LA cop instead of just taking him on the rooftop to begin with. He's a sadist, and so when he finally gets what's coming to him with his peers around to watch or at least be around when it happens is just too perfect. The Jungle Hunter in the first film has a fairly ironic death, but City Hunter's is perfect since he got exactly what was coming for him when Harrigan kills him with his own weapon presumably with his own people there to see it. And to add icing to the cake, the Elder awards Harrigan instead of the now dead City Hunter for his troubles.

Frank from Hellraiser
    Frank is a bastard who screws his brother's wife and (although this is sub-text) abuses his brother's daughter. He even skins his own brother, wears his skin, and then pretends to be him to hide from the authorities (Cenobite or otherwise) Frank finds the puzzle box thinking he's going to get the pleasure of a lifetime and it destroys him. He comes back having escaped Hell and instead of repenting for what he's done. He's a murderer and a manipulator into getting what he wants (and that's more people to kill and take their blood so he can come back rejuvenated) presumably so he can do it all over again. Then when the Cenobites finally catch up to him he gets sent back to Hell but in the end learned nothing. He stopped breathing twice in that movie and you don't feel sympathy for him in either case.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Burke from Aliens
    The Typical 80s ******* business man (in space!), he actually starts off okay enough that's it's not obvious he's a shitty person. Slowly but surely the layers come off, peaking when not only is he revealed to be the cause of the entire mess and hundreds of dead colonists, but then sics a pair of facehuggers on Ripley and Newt. The one shame in all of this is his death isn't more brutal. I believe there was a deleted scene where Ripley finds him a cocoon and mercy kills him, but even that's too good for him.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

One quick bit of unsolicited advice here...

You might get a few more flies with honey.

God in Garth Ennis' Preacher. For everything he'd done to humanity and the things he's allowed humans to do to each other in his name since the beginning of history.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

There's an interesting difference here that I've spotted. There are evil characters who abuse and plot to hurt others and may be on the list because they're tallying up reasons for other characters to get rid of them. And generally, although we dislike them personally as watching the story progress, we await those characters' comeuppance and ultimate punishment. Then there are the charcters we just don't like. They annoy us and we realize the story would be a lot more interesting without them.

I suspect the OP meant the second and many have been listing characters from the first. I mean I hated Joffrey personally, but he made GOT interesting.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One quick bit of unsolicited advice here...

You might get a few more flies with honey.
    Should have put a on that. I forget that playful sarcasm doesn't carry over written text.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    There's an interesting difference here that I've spotted. There are evil characters who abuse and plot to hurt others and may be on the list because they're tallying up reasons for other characters to get rid of them. And generally, although we dislike them personally as watching the story progress, we await those characters' comeuppance and ultimate punishment. Then there are the charcters we just don't like. They annoy us and we realize the story would be a lot more interesting without them.

I suspect the OP meant the second and many have been listing characters from the first. I mean I hated Joffrey personally, but he made GOT interesting.
    Actually, I hadn't thought it through in that kind of detail, but I think my head was more in the "they're tallying up reasons" space at the time I posted that. I was provoked to it by watching Ep1 of Netflix's Another Life spoilers:
    The first officer really had it comin'
    end of spoilers

Another good candidate in my mind was Bruce Greenwood's character from Double Jeapordy. Straight up narcissistic/user-trash who didn't deserve the lifestyle his viciously heartless con-game enabled.

Actually, I hadn't thought it through in that kind of detail, but I think my head was more in the "they're tallying up reasons" space at the time I posted that. I was provoked to it by watching Ep1 of Netflix's Another Life spoilers:
    The first officer really had it comin'
    end of spoilers

Another good candidate in my mind was Bruce Greenwood's character from Double Jeapordy. Straight up narcissistic/user-trash who didn't deserve the lifestyle his viciously heartless con-game enabled.
    I'd go with the lower-key Chief of Police in Hill Street Blues. He had been a pain in everybody's butt throughout the series and in the last episode, Buntz decks him. Minor compared with many examples lisyted., but still...