Default Hippoltya' Power Levels

One thing that has often been downgraded is how powerful Hippotlya is. I mean should Diana be on equal terms with her mother or more powerful? I just feel with many runs especially recently Hippolyta is a joke at times.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Hippolyta should be stronger than Diana and entire Amazons.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    One thing that has often been downgraded is how powerful Hippotlya is. I mean should Diana be on equal terms with her mother or more powerful? I just feel with many runs especially recently Hippolyta is a joke at times.
    Hippolyta should be Deathstroke level, IMO.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Hippolyta in my opinion, and like all the Amazons, should be superhumanly strong and resilient compared to regular humans, both genetically and through Amazon training.

I really liked how Perez portrayed them initially - the Amazons are strong, quick, and of just a slightly larger stature than normal humans. And there's even some variance among them, depending on the course their life has taken them on as they settled on Themyscira.

So, all "regular" Amazons can run faster, leap higher, react more quickly, lift and push more weight, have heightened senses, and can take on more injury than a peak human by several factors. Let's say the strongest among them can pick up a moderate size car or truck and toss/move it several yards away from them, etc.

Hippolyta is the greatest among the "regular" Amazons, but is also enhanced by a higher margin when wearing her Golden Girdle Gaea.

Diana, of course, puts all the regular Amazons in the shade once she becomes the Amazon champion, or is gifted her powers after becoming the Amazon champion, or is given her powers by the goddesses and Hermes at her birth, or is powerful because of her parentage by Hippolyta and <shudder> Zeus - it all depends upon which origin you want to use.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 07-28-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Hippolyta in my opinion, and like all the Amazons, should be superhumanly strong and resilient compared to regular humans, both genetically and through Amazon training.

I really liked how Perez portrayed them initially - the Amazons are strong, quick, and of just a slightly larger stature than normal humans. And there's even some variance among them, depending on the course their life has taken them on as they settled on Themyscira.

So, all "regular" Amazons can run faster, leap higher, react more quickly, lift and push more weight, have heighten senses, and can take on more injury than a peak human by several factors. Let's say the strongest among them can pick up a moderate size car or truck and toss/move it several yards away from them, etc.

Hippolyta is the greatest among the "regular" Amazons, but is also enhanced by a higher margin when wearing her Golden Girdle Gaea.

Diana, of course, puts all the regular Amazons in the shade once she becomes the Amazon champion, or is gifted her powers after becoming the Amazon champion, or is given her powers by the goddesses and Hermes at her birth, or is powerful because of her parentage by Hippolyta and <shudder> Zeus - it all depends upon which origin you want to use.

Yes, that's what I was going to bring up, the belt should make the wearer invincible. It should be the secret to Hippolyta's power and ultimately all the Amazons' like in the past. Outside of that Hippolyta should be the most formidable Amazon besides Diana, as her easy defeat of her General Philippus in Perez' run showed. Or like when Diana smashed her with a car to wake her out of Circe's spell when Hippolyta thought she was a normal housewife.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Yes, that's what I was going to bring up, the belt should make the wearer invincible. It should be the secret to Hippolyta's power and ultimately all the Amazons' like in the past. Outside of that Hippolyta should be the most formidable Amazon besides Diana, as her easy defeat of her General Philippus in Perez' run showed. Or like when Diana smashed her with a car to wake her out of Circe's spell when Hippolyta thought she was a normal housewife.
    Agreed. I hope we get back to showing the Amazons as a special group of people and nation soon. We’ve been going without them for a long time.

Make Hippolyta a magic knight. Phillipus can be the superior combatant and the one who trained Diana, Nubia and Donna.