Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Link vs. Aku

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Its not Link's weapons that are of value (outside of his Holy ones), it's more the utility of all his other crap to help ward of the more nasty esoterics of Aku. Like transmutation and what not. His kit can help him buy time to get hits in while avoiding a lethal strike.

I'm not even 100% sure Link wins just to be clear. I just don't think his utter defeat is some sort of foregone conclusion. He's slower than Jack, but roughly as strong and a bit tankier. He has a couple of weapons that can cause lasting damage and deep pockets full of goodies that can counter some of Aku's nastier magics.

I think he makes a fight of it.
    Aku regularly laughs off entire battalions of men with guns, arrows, tanks, etc. I doubt the weapons of one elf will do anything to even slow Aku down from destroying him. And tankier than Jack? Jack's shrugged off falling to Earth from orbit and having 900 tons drop directly on top of him. Does Link have anything remotely like that in terms of tanking damaging?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Aku regularly laughs off entire battalions of men with guns, arrows, tanks, etc. I doubt the weapons of one elf will do anything to even slow Aku down from destroying him. And tankier than Jack? Jack's shrugged off falling to Earth from orbit and having 900 tons drop directly on top of him. Does Link have anything remotely like that in terms of tanking damaging?
    I literally just said the other weapons arent of value. Only the Holy ones. And I think they would provide similar damage to Jack's blade.

His gear is useful for defending the more nasty esoterics was my point.

In Wind Walker, Toon Link gets blasted over the horizon and lives. In BoTW, a hundred ton monster can over hand smash a felled tree onto Link's head and he will only lose 1/4 of 1 heart. He has like 20 total. And thats BEFORE he takes a potion that reduces incoming damage by 50%. And even WHEN those 20 hearts get worn down, he has a spirit that auto ressurects him to full health. Then like 3 fairies that res him to partial health after that.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure