Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Link vs. Aku

Default Link vs. Aku

Link from the Zelda franchise (you choose the version!) vs. Aku from Samurai Jack.

Fight in a castle courtyard. No BFR.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Aku gets real small, and then goes in Link's ear, and then gets real big. Alternatively, does Link have TP resistance ?

Also also, how fast is Link ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Link is...way out of his league here.

Basically, Aku is what Ganon wishes he was ... and barring some feats I'm forgetting, Link gets absolutely slaughtered.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Elf boy gets destroyed with ease.

To beat Aku is not just s magic sword, but insane martial skill and stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Aku gets real small, and then goes in Link's ear, and then gets real big. Alternatively, does Link have TP resistance ?

Also also, how fast is Link ?
    When did Aku use offensive TP?

Certain Links are in the "CPBH" speed tier. Probably a LOT more tanky then Jack. Similar strength.

So a slower, tougher opponent with some more versatility. Link has deep pockets.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

link is slower, weaker and nowhere near as skilled as jack. maybe the master sword can hurt aku. not sure myself. but he's not gonna win this against aku.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    When did Aku use offensive TP?

Certain Links are in the "CPBH" speed tier. Probably a LOT more tanky then Jack. Similar strength.

So a slower, tougher opponent with some more versatility. Link has deep pockets.
    Took over Aishi pretty casually. Though it might have been a bloodline thing. But he usually takes over people by infecting them (did this to Jack by spitting tiny Akus on him, lol) , and given that he'll run laps around Link, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion unless he's got resistance to that.

Also find it strange you're asking for 'in combat' feats, when one person is markedly faster than than the other once. Not like Link will be able to engage combat unless Aku stoops to his level.

Arx Inosaan

Really, Aku and Jack are essentially Dormammu and Dr. Strange respective.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    link is slower, weaker and nowhere near as skilled as jack. maybe the master sword can hurt aku. not sure myself. but he's not gonna win this against aku.
    Slower, yeah. Weaker? Veeery debatable. Probably more durability and healing hax as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Took over Aishi pretty casually. Though it might have been a bloodline thing. But he usually takes over people by infecting them (did this to Jack by spitting tiny Akus on him, lol) , and given that he'll run laps around Link, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion unless he's got resistance to that.

Also find it strange you're asking for 'in combat' feats, when one person is markedly faster than than the other once. Not like Link will be able to engage combat unless Aku stoops to his level.
    I just mean, mind reading is not often a fight ender unless the telepath has actual feats for affecting someone's free will. Spitting stuff is fine, but hardly real TP like Prof X.

How fast do you reckon Aku is? If your argument is that he "keeps up with Jack" then I guess Doomsday is a speedster now? If anything, he is often portrayed as the guy getting hit a LOT more frequently in his Jack fights, so I don't think he has any real speed advantage personally.
    - big_adventure

Slower, yeah. Weaker? Veeery debatable. Probably more durability and healing hax as well.

I just mean, mind reading is not often a fight ender unless the telepath has actual feats for affecting someone's free will. Spitting stuff is fine, but hardly real TP like Prof X.

How fast do you reckon Aku is? If your argument is that he "keeps up with Jack" then I guess Doomsday is a speedster now? If anything, he is often portrayed as the guy getting hit a LOT more frequently in his Jack fights, so I don't think he has any real speed advantage personally.
    jack has survived re-entry from a massive explosion in space with nothing but his space suit. and then he just got up and walked away like it was nothing. considering that most links do take fall damage from heights nowhere near that high, i'm pretty comfortable to say he's weaker in terms of durability.

jack has survived re-entry from a massive explosion in space with nothing but his space suit. and then he just got up and walked away like it was nothing. considering that most links do take fall damage from heights nowhere near that high, i'm pretty comfortable to say he's weaker in terms of durability.
    Eh, fall damage is really just a mechanic. Link has been covered in Lava, exploded by bombs and shot with lasers and often loses only 1 of... I dunno 20 hearts near end of game.
    - big_adventure

Eh, fall damage is really just a mechanic. Link has been covered in Lava, exploded by bombs and shot with lasers and often loses only 1 of... I dunno 20 hearts near end of game.
    and jack survived stuff like that as well and then some. and having a mult-ton sumo belly flop on him and not be hurt by it. the only really thing it did was immobilize him.

and jack survived stuff like that as well and then some. and having a mult-ton sumo belly flop on him and not be hurt by it. the only really thing it did was immobilize him.
    All fair points. Difference between them is that Link has various potions (etc) that boost his durability even further. That and magical enchantments or bottled fairies that will Insta ressurect him automatically in case of death. He's got HP stocked up, so to speak. :P
    - big_adventure

https://youtu.be/ZsFzThytcqA

Go to 3:54. That big ass monster smacks him over the head with a tree and he only takes 1/4 of 1 heart in damage.
    - big_adventure