Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default What do you think of the Fallen Angels line up?

What do you think of the Fallen Angels line up?

FALLEN ANGELS #1
    Written by BRYAN EDWARD HILL
    Penciled by SZYMON KUDRANSKI
    Cover by ASHLEY WITTER
    On sale November 2019
    NOT ALL BELONG IN PARADISE!
    Psylocke finds herself in this new world of Mutantkind unsure of her place in it… but when a face from her past returns only to be killed, she seeks help from others who feel similar to get vengeance. Cable and X-23 join Kwannon for a personal mission that could jeopardize all Mutantkind.

I thought someone would have made a thread by now but they didn't so here it is wayyyyy after the others

1.What do you think about the line up ?

2.What do you think so far about the concept of the book? This seems to book that least people have least interest in why do think that is the case? What would make you more interested in it without change line up or concept?

3.What do you know about creative team?

4. This book has smallest roster with which screams to me that more people will be added on along the way. They are list of I think 92 mutants around who will be used dawn of X which of remaining characters who are not in book roster would you like to see on this roster just as an example Lifeguard, Frenzy, Maggot, Boom Boom, Polaris, Nightcrawler, Archangel, Madrox, Banshee, M, Armor, Husk and couple more. Who out of those characters would think fit this book well. Extending that even further if you could pick from anyone else not current roster who would you add?

Anyways give your general thoughts on the book.

It looks like an x-force style assassination team. Seems tailor made to assure fans that their Psylocke ninja assassin stories will continue to be told with Kwannon.

I really hope Kwannon isn't keeping the thongkini, it took so long to get Betsy out of it

ONE - It sucked my hopes and dreams away, I hate it.

TWO - It sucked my hopes and dreams away, I hate it.

THREE - BEH is a great writer and Kudranski's pretty solid.

FOUR - Let's add Poison, Superboy-Prime, and Donna Troy.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I hope Kwannon keeps the thongkini. I would like to have some male fanservice still alive somewhere in the marvel universe. I quite dislike the idea that comics need to be scrubbed clean of any fanservice for men. Its Psylocke's iconic outfit and what she was wearing when I was first introduced to her.
    Last edited by Wissenschaft; 07-27-2019 at 10:27 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    What do you think of the Fallen Angels line up?

FALLEN ANGELS #1
    Written by BRYAN EDWARD HILL
    Penciled by SZYMON KUDRANSKI
    Cover by ASHLEY WITTER
    On sale November 2019
    NOT ALL BELONG IN PARADISE!
    Psylocke finds herself in this new world of Mutantkind unsure of her place in it… but when a face from her past returns only to be killed, she seeks help from others who feel similar to get vengeance. Cable and X-23 join Kwannon for a personal mission that could jeopardize all Mutantkind.

I thought someone would have made a thread by now but they didn't so here it is wayyyyy after the others

1.What do you think about the line up ?

2.What do you think so far about the concept of the book? This seems to book that least people have least interest in why do think that is the case? What would make you more interested in it without change line up or concept?

3.What do you know about creative team?

4. This book has smallest roster with which screams to me that more people will be added on along the way. They are list of I think 92 mutants around who will be used dawn of X which of remaining characters who are not in book roster would you like to see on this roster just as an example Lifeguard, Frenzy, Maggot, Boom Boom, Polaris, Nightcrawler, Archangel, Madrox, Banshee, M, Armor, Husk and couple more. Who out of those characters would think fit this book well. Extending that even further if you could pick from anyone else not current roster who would you add?

Anyways give your general thoughts on the book.
    1) It's an interesting choice of characters. However considering Laura has largely sworn off killing except for extreme circumstances, I'm curious exactly how she gets involved, and whether she's going to be playing the team's conscience against Kwannon and Cable.

2) I think the biggest thing that's hurting it is the ambivalence or outright dislike of Kid Cable, as X-23 has a sizable fanbase, and a lot of people are glad to see Kwannon getting to actually DO something rather than be Betsy's body. A lot of Laura's fans have felt she's been declawed recently, so it might be interesting to see if this book takes her down a darker path again. However I'm also worried Marvel will see the Daughter of Wolverine and Son of Cyclops on a book together, and decide that it's too juicy not to play with. I've seen a lot of drooling from shippers on social media over that very thing already (I do NOT ship X-Fi, but I CAN acknowledge that there's a lot that could be done with it).

3) Almost nothing.

4) Hellion, simply because I'm dying to see Laura and Julian actually TALK to each other again after the teasing of Phoenix Resurrection and All-New Wolverine. Also, if this book is about characters who've come to be at odds with things on Krakoa I could see Julian being booted out or leaving on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I really hope Kwannon isn't keeping the thongkini, it took so long to get Betsy out of it
    In a world where every female hero is dressing super provocative and also it does match the character personality I get it . But there is a place for characters who are comfortable with showing more skin like Namor for example, And Emma Frost is another one. I don't mind Kwannon wearing that costume

1. The lineup is solid . I think whoever the books adds(if they add) they will make or break it.

2.This book hilarious has versions of characters people kind don't want to see which is why the hype isn't there imo. If this was Wolverine, Betsy and OG Cable this might have been one of more hyped books.

3.I really don't know anything about the creative team. I am following the writer on twitter now and he really wants to get Kwannon right and make her good character so that is encouraging

4. I guess Archangel is the most obvious choice with his relationship with the former Psylocke Betsy and X-23 to would make things interesting plus his name fits the book. I think Frenzy would be interesting on this team. Forge would also be a great fit and Boom Boom could add some humor to very serius group. I think I would also add Warpath from outside of the list
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-27-2019 at 11:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

I'm really curious to see what this book is about. Compared to the other books this seem to be the outlier but I hope it's a sleeper hit.

At first, I thought it was a waste. But I'm coming around to it and I'm hyped for Hill's writing and Kudranski's art in this type setting. I'm glad Kwannon has a title so she can develop and we can FINALLY see what tf is going through her mind.

1. Not......bad. It's not this book's fault that few people really like Wi-Fi, so I'm willing to see how Hill writes him. But I'm not gonna lie and say I hated it when it was first announced and I don't know if I really find X-23 appealing as a character anymore. Glad Kwannon found a home, though.

2. The concept is pretty cool. I wonder how far it will go, though, as this is really the only book that has a specific mission that could easily be wrapped up in an arc. But also, I guess that's a pretty surefire safety landing pad in case this book doesn't make Diamond weep.

3. I know Kudranski from Punisher and even though I avoid that book like the plague, the art always blows me away. Hill has always a great writer and there hasn't been anything he's done (from Killmonger to Detective Comics to his new Outsiders) that's been less than stellar. And yes, I do pretend that Spider-Man Annual doesn't exist.

4. Hope Summers and/or Frenzy, Boom-Boom (like killerbee said, it eases the tension a bit plus it would make snoop happy), and Bloodstorm (cheating a bit but i think she fits the motif so well)

ThongkiniGate just reminds me that the lame Elektra costume is back.

ehhh that spider-mannual was pretty nice
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Well I have no idea what Psylocke’s current deal is, and the name Fallen Angels is kind of cheesy, but it has Cable and X-23 so I’m game.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-27-2019 at 11:32 PM.

I'm willing to see the book through, or at least the first few issues. Unlike most, I don't have this over bearing hatred of Kid Cable, I've seen people love the O5 and OML on this board, so why Kid Cable's getting more hatred than they both did combined escapes me. They're fundamentally the same idea, maybe it's time displaced character fatigue? who knows. I'm more in the boat, that's hoping Bryan Hill can make something of him, like Bunn did with the O5 and Lemire OML, since at the end of the day he's not a permanent thing, he'll turn back into an old man eventually. But back to the book, from what I've read of Bryan Hill's work, he's a very capable writer, who going by his twitter wants to do Laura and Kwannon justice so I have no complaints. Kudranski is also pretty good, though I don't follow Punisher i've seen some of his art on it and it's really nice. So this book won't be lacking in the writing and art department. The cast is small, but could definitely expand and it has an interesting enough premise, I hope it doesn't fail.
    Last edited by GSman; 07-27-2019 at 11:36 PM.

I was excited for a lineup similar to the limited series from the 80s!

Vanisher! Chance! Ariel! Bill and Dan the Cybernetic Lobsters! Also, the Coconut Grove would be a beautiful place to visit!

I am interested in what the one cybernetic lobster's role is in the House of series since it was on the first image of House of X!

Also, anyone see Colleen Doran's version of Ariel from one of the Marvel Universe issues? It was from an unfinished second mini.

I do hope the series is a success for fans of the characters. I am glad that team names with unique connections to the X-Men are being used. However, a closer connection to the original title would have sparked my interest!
    Last edited by Magik Man; 07-27-2019 at 11:49 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Don't like anyone on this lineup.

Concept doesn't interest me. Maybe with different lineup but some may like it.

Hill isn't a bad writer. Don't know anything about the artist.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 07-27-2019 at 11:48 PM.

Fantastic Member

I'll read it but I could really do without Kid Cable. I really dont have mich interest in Kwannon either outside of Betsy. But I'll give it a shot. I hear the writer is good