Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Yeah Daken needs more appearances, hes got a pretty solid fan following, and want the character to progress in a more positive light, not necessarily a "hero" like his father and sisters, but something more nuanced then Daken being mad at his Dad for no discernible reason, then they fight and then he dies and is brought back only to do the same thing over again. I also disagree about him not having any good appearnces outside those two writers mentioned. His run in Wolverines was good, Death of Wolverine put some much needed perspective on his feeling towards his father, All new Wolverines orphans of X was good for him as well

Never clicked with X-23, hate Kid Cable, glad they split Betsy and Kwannon, but never liked Ninja Psylocke. So it's a hard pass for me if the first issue doesn't ring a bell to me.

Thats a shame X-23 is a pretty great character

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    Never clicked with X-23, hate Kid Cable, glad they split Betsy and Kwannon, but never liked Ninja Psylocke. So it's a hard pass for me if the first issue doesn't ring a bell to me.
    Fair enough. While I'm not in the same boat (huge X-23 fan, curious about new Psylocke, and am apathetic about any incarnation of Cable), I can relate to not being very interesting in comics if I don't like the cast.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

I would be all for Daken on the Fallen Angels. He has a great sibling dynamic with Laura, and I think could have interesting interactions with Kwannon.

I do wish the book wasn't burdened by Kid Cable. I just don't care for that take on the character at all. And with the means to bring back OG Cable I just don't get why the little twerp version is sticking around

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I would be all for Daken on the Fallen Angels. He has a great sibling dynamic with Laura, and I think could have interesting interactions with Kwannon.

I do wish the book wasn't burdened by Kid Cable. I just don't care for that take on the character at all. And with the means to bring back OG Cable I just don't get why the little twerp version is sticking around
    Because they are the same person. As per the ethics and protocols of Krakoa, they dont do the resurrection/cloning process unless a person is confirmed dead and Cable technically isnt dead

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Because they are the same person. As per the ethics and protocols of Krakoa, they don't do the resurrection/cloning process unless a person is confirmed dead and Cable technically isn't dead
    I mean, technically speaking. But when one considers that Kid Cable has none of the memories of our older seasoned Cable, could this not be an exception to the rule? Furthermore, I would think that, as a member of the five, Hope would be well within her rights to ask permission to bring back her dad.

Plus Kid Cable can't overstay anyway, or he'll alter the timeline

The "No Duplicates" rule seems kinda flexible considering they brought back Esme and Sophie

I mean, technically speaking. But when one considers that Kid Cable has none of the memories of our older seasoned Cable, could this not be an exception to the rule? Furthermore, I would think that, as a member of the five, Hope would be well within her rights to ask permission to bring back her dad.

Plus Kid Cable can't overstay anyway, or he'll alter the timeline
    Hope can ask whatever she wants but that doesnt mean she will be granted it. I dont think the resurrection protocol would be used on Cable unless the Kid is either killed and/or leaves this timeline

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The "No Duplicates" rule seems kinda flexible considering they brought back Esme and Sophie
    They arent duplicates though. There arent two Esmes and Sophies running around

They arent duplicates though. There arent two Esmes and Sophies running around
    No but they're clones of Emma. And if the no duplicates rule means they can't bring back grown up Cable who has a completely different life experience from kid Cable, then clones like the Cuckoos or Madelyne Pryor who've developed their own personalities and lives separate from their genetic donors shouldn't be allowed resurrections either. But the Cuckoos were brought back, which means there is some room for negotiation

BANNED

Hope can ask whatever she wants but that doesn't mean she will be granted it. I don't think the resurrection protocol would be used on Cable unless the Kid is either killed and/or leaves this timeline
    I would think that as a 1/5th of the resurrection machine required to restore the mutant populace, Hope is likely to be granted that wish should she ask it. I also feel as if Kid Cable & OG Cable are different enough (wildly so if you ask me) then there isn't a concern about duplicating/doubling up on a mutant mind.

No but they're clones of Emma. And if the no duplicates rule means they can't bring back grown up Cable who has a completely different life experience from kid Cable, then clones like the Cuckoos or Madelyne Pryor who've developed their own personalities and lives separate from their genetic donors shouldn't be allowed resurrections either. But the Cuckoos were brought back, which means there is some room for negotiation
    ^Pretty much this exactly

There's a difference between a clone (a different human being from square one) and a time-displaced person who's younger then then you knew them before thanks to wonky time-travel. I mean, isn't Kid Cable eventually going to grow to be old Cable anyways?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

They are clones of Emma but they are their own individuals. They have their own personas, memories, and lives seperate from Emma. They arent young Emma at various points in her life. Its really not the same

I would think that as a 1/5th of the resurrection machine required to restore the mutant populace, Hope is likely to be granted that wish should she ask it. I also feel as if Kid Cable & OG Cable are different enough (wildly so if you ask me) then there isn't a concern about duplicating/doubling up on a mutant mind.

^Pretty much this exactly
    Thats an assumption that you cant fairly make. Krakoa's system serves a higher purpose which overrules selfish desires. Im about to make an assumption of myself but if Hope desires that, she may be mentally influenced to not as I still dont believe that everyone has 100% agency here. If anything, Kid Cable will be aged up by Eva and old Cable's memories will be planted onto them. Before anyone brings up the potential time anomoly that would be created if he doesnt leave, we dont know how PoX and Moira's saga will end so that may no longer be a relevant concern

What are the odds that we'll learning Kwannon's last name?

Amazing Member

I really like X-23 when Gabby isn't around. Completly against Kid Cable, don't really have an opinion on Psylocke.

I will for sure check it out. But I won't be surprised if this is the only book I don't end up following.