Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

To me, it seemed like the natural way to go. As weird as the whole racial politics were, that doesn't change the fact that most people know Psylocke as a sexy Japanese ninja, and keeping that intact was wise for pleasing audiences and marketing. Also, let's not forget, if you want Betsy, you got her as Captain Britain in the Excalibur book. Characters need to change and grow, and this looks pretty good as far as that goes.

Not familiar with any of the characters outside of X-23, but am curious about the miniseries/series/whatever, and will be giving it a chance. Probably in trades, but we'll see. Never was a Cable fan, but that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Technically it was Asian Betsy who was the knockoff considering she was using KWANNON'S body.
    I thought Kwannon was created in the first place to be Betsy's body, not a pre-existing character who was Freaky Friday-ed?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Come to think of it, Kwannon is kind of a flat character isn't she? Her only claim to fame in the long run was the body swap. We don't even know her last name, and hardly anything about her other than "ninja assassin". It's not her fault, because how many issues has she appeared in since her '89 debut? I think less than 40.

Fallen Angels is clearly portraying Kwannon as the protagonist. So this is the golden opportunity to expand on her backstory and make her better defined and thus accepted by those reluctant to.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I thought Kwannon was created in the first place to be Betsy's body
    In fact, she wasn't even supposed to exist. The whole body swap thing is a retcon that happened because the writer did not read Claremont's story about her transformation.

Fantastic Member

Well, I would normally buy a Cable book but not an X-23 (or any Wolvie-spinoff) book, and I'd give a Kwannon mini a chance, so sure, I'll pick up the first arc of this.

If it wows me, I keep buying it; if it doesn't, I won't. Pretty simple.

Psylocke finds herself in this new world of Mutantkind unsure of her place in it… but when a face from her past returns only to be killed, she seeks help from others who feel similar to get vengeance. Cable and X-23 join Kwannon for a personal mission that could jeopardize all Mutantkind.
    What is in blue is easily more interesting than who makes up the main cast or what they will be wearing.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm digging the cast and the premise of Fallen Angels. Kwannon is basically a blank slate and as the lead fleshing her out into a truly compelling character will be key to the book's success. I'm not at all familiar with Hill's writing though so Fallen Angels is more of a question mark for me than anything else.

Astonishing Member

The premise is good, hate kid cable and would rather add hope or maverick insted. It's nice to see laura and kwannon in the spotlight( would have like laura and Logan to interact but I'll take her sticking around)

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I'm digging the cast and the premise of Fallen Angels. Kwannon is basically a blank slate and as the lead fleshing her out into a truly compelling character will be key to the book's success. I'm not at all familiar with Hill's writing though so Fallen Angels is more of a question mark for me than anything else.
    He's is literally writing DC's versions of this cast in batman and the outsiders. They'll be in good hands, his killmonger was great.
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 07-28-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Sad this ones been singled out as a "dud" before even taking off when it has potential to build on one of the more infamous unsavoury storylines and from what I'm reading the creative team is really committed to it..I'm interested to see where it goes, hopefully it can stay afloat

Here for Kwannon but could’ve used more members tbh

I expect we'll see more X-Men in this book. This is most likely just the spotlight crew.

BANNED

Like the series name, concept seems to be solid and for a pseudo XForce book everyone on the team makes sense. Curious to see if the fact they're all ripoffs of more popular characters will be brought up. Would rather have XMan then Kid Cable but seeing how terribly AoXM was received I guess we won't see him for another decade.

More importantly then anything tho I really want Daken added to this roster.

Mighty Member

Not a fan of Kid Cable, not really into X-23 but I guess she has to be included.. Pyslocke could be great if done right.. I would have loved Dakken being included, maybe Threnody and Deadpool.

I like it, If fallen angel is what i think it is and it sounds like it based on solicits, they all make sense.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/