Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I'm going to give it a chance, hope the cast expands a bit throughout the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    If psylock is in her old costume, it clearly doesn't osent have pockets, how dose she hold anything such as her phone and wallet ?
    There are a couple of places, but do we really want to go there?

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I wish they differentiated Kwannon and Betsy a little more though. She can have the codename, but the costume should be a little different then the classic 90's one and maybe her hair should be black. I hope they will give her a full personality very different then Betsy's in this book. It's the perfect opportunity for this.
    I wonder if they're going to essentially make them the same character under different names for the sake of readers who only knew Asian Betsy Braddock or something. Whether they should or not is another question.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Why would a telepath need any of that?

Maybe she makes baby Cable hold all her stuff
    why wouldnt she?

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    If psylock is in her old costume, it clearly doesn't osent have pockets, how dose she hold anything such as her phone and wallet ?
    you'd be amazed by what women can hold in their bras

I think because these characters were essentially made or tampered with, they can't be in the Krakoa system. That makes them 'Fallen'. (Doesn't explain the Cuckoos though)
    X-23 (clone)
    Wi-Fi (T-O, clone?, son of clone)
    Kwannon (Body Shoppe)

Other candidates for the team include maybe other people with such tragic beginnings. Blue Archangel Warren maybe. Deadpool?

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    I think because these characters were essentially made or tampered with, they can't be in the Krakoa system. That makes them 'Fallen'. (Doesn't explain the Cuckoos though)
    X-23 (clone)
    Wi-Fi (T-O, clone?, son of clone)
    Kwannon (Body Shoppe)

Other candidates for the team include maybe other people with such tragic beginnings. Blue Archangel Warren maybe. Deadpool?
    Wolverine was tampered with, yet he's in Krakoa. All the Cuckoos are clones, yet they are there as well. Cypher was resurrected with TO virus and magic. Banshee was tampered with the Death seed. I dont think your theory holds up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wolverine was tampered with, yet he's in Krakoa. All the Cuckoos are clones, yet they are there as well. Cypher was resurrected with TO virus and magic. Banshee was tampered with the Death seed. I dont think your theory holds up.
    Agreed. I think it's more ideological than anything literal. I can see Laura objecting to what Xavier is doing, since it seems like he's abandoned equal coexistence for domination if Magneto's comments basically calling mutants the new gods in any way reflects on Xavier's current track. And Cable would be easy to set up as siding against Krakoa to prevent a worse future from coming to pass (which given what we see in Powers of X...).

My main interest in this series is of course X-23, but I'm curious where Hill will take them all. Don't know much about Kwannon and wonder what Marvel intends to do with Kid Cable - how much permanent this would be, will we see both Old and Kid Cable in the future or in year or two status quo will return. Unfortunately many people hate on Kid Cable, so they cross off this series at the start. I guess this will be the only issue I will be buying to keep the sales higher, since I prefer collecting all the series as TBPs.

I do think this series has something going for it, that the others possibly don't. And that's that the roster could very well expand, and we could see more members join. I think I saw Bryan Hill on twitter dodge a question about Dazzler, showing up and joining. He could be teasing, or it might actually lead to something, who knows? I'd likely help with the book's sales, bringing in characters, and in turn fans of characters who don't have a home.

Obviously the writing will play a huge part on whether or not people continue reading, but it's honestly a shame that people are so quick to write off the series because 1 character, perhaps I'm in the minority (ik I am.) But I actually like Kid Cable, and don't mind his presence like other people. But that's likely because I've enjoyed other alternate versions of characters before. Like OML, who actually got me back into Wolverine after a hiatus from his books. And I've also enjoyed O5 under Bunn, even when they're original selves were around. And I've seen other people enjoy these alternates as well, with some even getting their introduction to the character itself through the alternate. So I guess, I'm not as easily bothered by Kid Cable like others. And I'm confident enough in Bryan Hill, that he can do something good with him, so that the people reading won't hate his guts, like Lemire did with OML and Bunn the O5.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I just the cover of issue #2. They really make Kwannon like a second Psylocke. What a waste. She looks the same, has aparently the same powers (Psy knife), gets the same code name and wears the same (ridiculous) costume.

This is so much the opposite of how I thought they would use Kwannon.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Twink Cable offends me and X-23 is annoying.

I'm a little thrown with the current (proper-)body switch scenario with Psylocke/Kwannon. What's her personality like, in general? I have to get used to the fact that it's not Betsy inside anymore, despite the powers.

I guess this could be interesting as a mini. But who all are they going after as far as villains?

Kwannon’s personality is that she’s Japanese and mysterious, and spontaneously came into being when a writer forgot to do basic research. To be fair, that’s probably more character development than I will ever get.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I just the cover of issue #2. They really make Kwannon like a second Psylocke. What a waste. She looks the same, has aparently the same powers (Psy knife), gets the same code name and wears the same (ridiculous) costume.

This is so much the opposite of how I thought they would use Kwannon.
    I guess they want to preserve the classic Psylocke character while removing the problematic "yellow face" aspect that followed the character for years.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Kwannon’s personality is that she’s Japanese and mysterious, and spontaneously came into being when a writer forgot to do basic research. To be fair, that’s probably more character development than I will ever get.
    Pretty much. She *could* be a fascinating character we've never really met, a (weak, possibly non-mutant) psychic trained to seek out targets for the Hand, and get into 'totally secure' locations, to assassinate 'untouchable' marks, using her close range psychic gifts to 'cheat,' with only hints as to her true personality given over the years by how the bodyswap affected Betsy when their 'four liters of brain juice got squeezed into a two liter jug.'

But no. Just the Asian Psylocke 2.0. Boring.

For me X-23 without Gabby is a big draw, but Kwannon getting a shot at some real character development is the hook. I always wanted to know more about her background after her short introduction and following death in the 90's. And it is a clever move by Marvel to keep the iconic design but do away with Psylocke "is Asian but isn't" in today's PC cultural. Especially with the X-Men joining the MCU and gaining a wider audience. As for Kid Cable, I will give him a chance.