Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Kwannon is the old villain on the team.
    Kwannon was never a villian though

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And they STILL ignored that Deathstrike made her peace with Logan to make her RAAAAAWR LOGAN KILL DEATH SLASH!!!!! when the Old Man turned up.
    Were was all that?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Kwannon was never a villian though
    She certainly wasn't a saint before the whole bodyswap mess either...far from it...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    She certainly wasn't a saint before the whole bodyswap mess either...far from it...
    and neither was X-23 but nobody is going to call her a former X-men villian. Theres no way Kwannon fufills the X-villian quota that seems to be the case for the other DoX books. She had a very short publication history but her time was on the side of good

Extraordinary Member

Actually, her lack of a history makes her so interesting. Writers can do whatever they want to her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Were was all that?
    Old Man Logan after Secret Wars, I think the second or maybe third arc. She led the Reavers to attack the town where Logan's future-wife grew up when Logan visited it for no other reason than the fact he's *A* Logan. Every shred of character development she underwent during The Logan Legacy and Wolverines was completely tossed out.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Actually, her lack of a history makes her so interesting. Writers can do whatever they want to her.
    Agreed. It paints her as a character that they can basically create themselves, but also an established one; show us her childhood, how she met matsu'o, the early parts of their love story.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I'm really interested if Hill can get audiences to accept her as the new Psylocke for her merits, outside of just being a "sex object" replacement. I mean, it's kind of an open secret that this was an even compromise to those who hated White Psylocke as well as the others who would've hated Asian Betsy. It just depends on how they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    It looks like an x-force style assassination team.
    This...

10char
    #MagnetoWasRight

BANNED

Nice to see X-23 in a new book. Seeing the whole purpose of this team, hopefully it will be Marvels answer to fans who want to see the K/Y X-23 version who was in X-Force. My chief concern is how she will be written. I want to see the old quite/cold as ice "you never saw me coming" who operates from duty. As opposed to the recent rendition who needs to give a speech before she kicks your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I'm really interested if Hill can get audiences to accept her as the new Psylocke for her merits, outside of just being a "sex object" replacement. I mean, it's kind of an open secret that this was an even compromise to those who hated White Psylocke as well as the others who would've hated Asian Betsy. It just depends on how they do it.
    Meh. It's cold comfort for me. I like Kwannon (and she was in the Caucasian body) when Nicieza was writing her in the 90's. She seemed somewhat interesting. But it still did not take away from the fact that she was just a killing machine and adventure seer.

I still don't get the reason for the change. The book already has enough white women in the X-Men, why another one. I came to Marvel in the mid 90's so I am used to Asian Betsy. I found her to be an interesting and inspiring character. Even more so when I dug back and saw who the old Betsy. A pampered British aristocrat and Storm's BF. The mind swap was not only a (lazy) means of giving her new skills. But also a way to have her to deal with her life and learn to control herself after her life had been turned upside down. The combination of the two personas enabled her to have the skills of a martial artist but also the class and dignity of a lady. That's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Since every team has got an old villain/villainous character in it... Who do you think would fit in the Fallen Angels?
    I'm surprised no one said Daken. He and Laura are great together and they already had a few team-ups. Also there would be another Japanese on the team! I'd love to see Psylocke And Daken on full Japanese mode, having Japanese costume, speaking Japanese...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    I'm surprised no one said Daken. He and Laura are great together and they already had a few team-ups. Also there would be another Japanese on the team! I'd love to see Psylocke And Daken on full Japanese mode, having Japanese costume, speaking Japanese...
    Yeah, I'm surprised so little has been said about Daken being back and his family being somewhat together.

Yeah, I'm surprised so little has been said about Daken being back and his family being somewhat together.
    To be fair he had a very small appearance so far and he just arrived to the island. (and many dead characters are randomly back, so him being alive isn't too surprising. And he tends to die and come back very often anyway lol) I'm waiting for more to come, I expect some interaction between him Laura and Logan now that all of them live together

And I think he would be an excellent addition to Fallen Angels.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

We haven't had a good Daken after Liu and Bunn. Let him rest.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    We haven't had a good Daken after Liu and Bunn. Let him rest.
    maybe that's why he needs more appearances and better writing