Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I like only X-23 here. I don't have any interest in Psylocke that is not Psylocke or Cable that is not Cable.

Why does Kwannon still exist? Let the purple leotard die in flames.

Making Kwannon into a Psylocke knock-off instead of her own person is a massive failure. I might be interested in her if they were willing to let her be a real character as Revanche, but this book just doesn't appeal.

Also making X-23 the smallest on the cover who is the best seller among 3 is a stupid move.

Ugh this and The Marauders book makes nooo eFFin sense (to me) creatively or in a business aspect. Why even call it Fallen Angels? as a nostalgia wank for the people who have read the first series? I'd rather they just never use a title again than use it cause. That string between her cheeks loooks re. dick. ulous. and im a fan of Emma's White "X" outfit from new X-Men Not only does it look itd be terribly uncomfortable doing 'im predicting'' Ninja flips and kicks buut doesn't seem that hygienic

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Also making X-23 the smallest on the cover who is the best seller among 3 is a stupid move.
    Why would you pretend that X-23 is more important than she really is in the book? Yeah let all the X-23 fans think it is X-23 lead book only for it to be Kwannon primarily in the first arc. How fast will they stop buying the book? If the first arc and the concept of the book (at least to start) is about Kwannon then it perfect that she is up front. There is nothing stupid about the cover. Plus it is only one cover of one issue.

Well, Olivia Munn seems to be a fan of the Thongkini and actively campaigned to wear it in Apocalypse. Which is the reason why the taboo around it wore off.

It's a minor element though. The main problem (an Asian woman not being in control of showcasing her own body) has been resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Why would you pretend that X-23 is more important than she really is in the book? Yeah let all the X-23 fans think it is X-23 lead book only for it to be Kwannon primarily in the first arc. How fast will they stop buying the book? If the first arc and the concept of the book (at least to start) is about Kwannon then it perfect that she is up front. There is nothing stupid about the cover. Plus it is only one cover of one issue.
    Because it is a bad art when 1 character takes 50 percent of cover and other only 10 percent or berely visible. The same bad cover as Uncanny 13 with a big cast.

The whole idea to make #1 about Kwannon that looks like Psylocke is a bad idea when you have more popular character that has good stable sales around.

You know how much X-23 is important in this book? I sincerely doubt it.

Because it is a bad art when 1 character takes 50 percent of cover and other only 10 percent or berely visible. The same bad cover as Uncanny 13 with a big cast.

The whole idea to make #1 about Kwannon that looks like Psylocke is a bad idea when you have more popular character that has good stable sales around.

At the end of the day the book will be focusing on Kwannon, think of it like a TV show, we'll have have a few main characters, but the star is Kwannon. Why do you think the solicitation shows the story starts with her? Yes, Laura will be a main character, but she's not the star and neither is Cable. This might as well be a Kwannon solo, but with X-23 and Cable added in.
    Last edited by GSman; 07-28-2019 at 03:28 AM.

Regardless of if Laura is the main or not, as long as she is in it I'll be picking it up

I am sorry but your basic argument is " Wolverine should be center front in every book he is in and the focus of every book he is in" and Because he is better selling character than every other X characters and apparently it is bad idea to use anybody else when you have a more popular character even if the book isn't about that character. It is bad argument with Wolverine and it is bad argument with X23 who doesn't sell as well Logan.

There is nothing wrong with cover and keeping it real imagery of Psylocke is as popular as X-23 probably even more popular. So in terms of marketing they put the most popular character in the front. Only hardcore fans realize it isn't Betsy. People seem to think "bad idea" for Kwannon to look like "Psylocke" but they are clearly targeting people who liked that old look. The character looks like "Psylocke" they know and has the name "Psylocke". Some fans are going to learn a ugly truth being not being Betsy isn't going to matter to a lot of people and surprising amount of people don't know Psylocke was actually British white woman.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-28-2019 at 03:54 AM.

It's about time someone sunk their teeth into the narrative potential of a woman so stubborn she plucked her eyes out of her skull to avoid being found. Excited for Kwannon.

But is it really Fallen Angels without Ariel snorting lines off Devil Dinosaur in the Coconut Grove?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    Making Kwannon into a Psylocke knock-off instead of her own person is a massive failure. I might be interested in her if they were willing to let her be a real character as Revanche, but this book just doesn't appeal.
    Technically it was Asian Betsy who was the knockoff considering she was using KWANNON'S body.

Not thrilled for it, but I'll probably give the first issue a chance. The "outsider among outsiders" theme tends to appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I am sorry but your basic argument is " Wolverine should be center front in every book he is in and the focus of every book he is in" and Because he is better selling character than every other X characters and apparently it is bad idea to use anybody else when you have a more popular character even if the book isn't about that character. It is bad argument with Wolverine and it is bad argument with X23 who doesn't sell as well Logan.

There is nothing wrong with cover and keeping it real imagery of Psylocke is as popular as X-23 probably even more popular. So in terms of marketing they put the most popular character in the front. Only hardcore fans realize it isn't Betsy. People seem to think "bad idea" for Kwannon to look like "Psylocke" but they are clearly targeting people who liked that old look. The character looks like "Psylocke" they know and has the name "Psylocke". Some fans are going to learn a ugly truth being not being Betsy isn't going to matter to a lot of people and surprising amount of people don't know Psylocke was actually British white woman.
    I am glad that you like it. I don't. If you want to see a good cover then you should check Excalibur cover that shows not only Betsy.

Book is called Fallen Angels. Not Fallen Angel or Kwanтon. And definetely not Psylocke. Team books must be team books and look like team books. If you like secret solos as team books, then it is ok for you. I don't like secret solos and such covers.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 07-28-2019 at 12:23 PM.